Windows 10: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when opening a particular website and randomly

Discus and support DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when opening a particular website and randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This problem started to happen around 3 months ago. My current PC was assembled by myself in february 2017. Probably the only stuff missing in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gacrux, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Gacrux Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when opening a particular website and randomly

This problem started to happen around 3 months ago.

My current PC was assembled by myself in february 2017. Probably the only stuff missing in the logs about the build is the PSU model, which is a Seasonic S12II 520W (bought brand new), and cooler, a Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme.

Strangely, I usually have this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD when opening AliE****s (I hope you figure out) website using Firefox, but sometimes happens at random at lower chances when using the computer ordinarily, including gaming.

I have around 3 BSODs of this kind per week, but if I access the quoted website, it's 50/50 chance to immediately BSOD, which is funny.

What I already tested:

1 - Full 3 passes in the new Passmark Memtest86, no reboots or errors reported.
    2 - 1 hour of Furmark, no graphical glitches, BSODs or reboots.
    3 - 3 hours of Intel Burn Test (IBT) at maximum stress level, also no problems like previous tests.

Observations:

1 - During this time, I even switched my SATA SSD to a M.2 NVMe model.
    2 - The build is very well cooled, no overheating even after hours of stressing CPU or GPU.
    3 - I believe all drivers are updated, including UEFI BIOS and Intel Watchdog Timer Driver (WDT).
    4 - No problems in the house electric installations, the PC is also plugged in a APC surge protector.
    5 - Happens no matter how many times I reinstall Windows 10, I even tested the system only without any software installed after a fresh OS install + updated drivers and web browser only.
    6 - I also included two more previous dumps that I collected before the newer ones got overwritten.

DM Log collector: DESKTOP-HSRMPDN-07_03_2018_221715,49.zip

:)

Gacrux, Mar 7, 2018

2. Not able to access a particular website and getting error message "Conection Timeout".

Hi Luiz,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is compatibility with the website or it is not loading properly.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• What are the all troubleshooting steps performed on Internet Explorer?
    • Have you check with Microsoft Edge?
    Refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to add the website in compatibility view settings and check if it helps.

1. Open Internet Explorer.

2. Then click on Gear symbol or settings which is at the top right corner of the Internet Explorer.

3. Click on Compatibility view settings.

4. Type "domain name of the website(user-eservices.ksau-hs.edu.sa:8443/)" without the quotes in the box and click on
    Add button.

5. Click on Close.

If the issues still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: I recommend you to disable the add-ons and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Add-ons can sometimes cause browsers to run slowly and crash, or they might pose a security or compatibility risk. You can turn off specific add-ons to help increase your browsing speed, or if you suspect they're causing problems
    for Internet Explorer.

Not all add-ons can be removed. Some add–ons are necessary for Internet Explorer and your PC to work correctly.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 7, 2018
  3. LuizHazan Win User
    Not able to access a particular website and getting error message "Conection Timeout".

Original Title: Conection Timeout

I can not connect this address from Brasil, I got a time out error everytime

https://user-eservices.ksau-hs.edu.sa:8443/

my friends from Peru and Colombia are able to connect it

I already test with different browsers, clear cache, changed operational system, change computers

has anyone a similar problem and solution?

LuizHazan, Mar 7, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Gacrux,

All the crash dumps seem to point to an ESET driver causing the problems.
    epfwwfp.sys Fri Nov 3 06:53:40 2017

Try removing the ESET security and see if it makes a difference. Windows Defender will provide sufficient protection while you are troubleshooting.

philc43, Mar 7, 2018
  5. Gacrux Win User
    I suspected it was something with ESET Firewall too when I analyzed the memory dumps by myself, but since I'm unexperienced in this matter, I was hopping that someone here could find something more that would pinpoint the culprit for my BSODs.

I remember searching into this matter and found this post in ESET forums, but since other users are reporting different BSODs in ESET solutions v10 too, even they saying epfwwfp.sys is not used anymore by v10, maybe it's ESET fault. I'm using ESET Internet Security v11.

The problem is, I really need the firewall, maybe I'll switch to other solution such as Kaspersky and try to migrate the rules.

Gacrux, Mar 7, 2018
  6. philc43 Win User
    Why will the built in Windows firewall not be sufficient for you?

philc43, Mar 7, 2018
  7. Protopia Win User
    My PC is also experiencing regular crashes with epfwwfp.sys as the culprit. I am not sure which version I initially installed on it, but since I only bought it late last year, it seems unlikely that it started with V9 - I suspect I installed v10 and upgraded to V11.

So, if this file is not actually part of V10 / V11, how come it even exists on my PC?

Protopia, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when opening a particular website and randomly - Similar Threads - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION opening particular

2. On some websites when trying to open a video, they do not open! Not one particular...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On some websites when trying to open a video, they do not open! Not one particular...: On some websites when trying to open a video, they do not open! Not one particular website. The websites use to have no problems now they will not open?Is there a setting that might need to be changed?Windows 10Browsers:ChromeBingDuck Duck GoFirefoxMicrosoft Edge...
  3. On some websites when trying to open a video, they do not open! Not one particular...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On some websites when trying to open a video, they do not open! Not one particular...: On some websites when trying to open a video, they do not open! Not one particular website. The websites use to have no problems now they will not open?Is there a setting that might need to be changed?Windows 10Browsers:ChromeBingDuck Duck GoFirefoxMicrosoft Edge...
  4. On some websites when trying to open a video, they do not open! Not one particular...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when trying to access a website

Random BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when trying to access a website: Hello, Tonight I had a rather disturbing experience; while attempting to access a specific website with an auto-loading video player on the page, my computer completely locked up and, after a few minutes, I got a BSOD with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error. I restarted,...
  6. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on ESPN website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on ESPN website: This started happening in the last several days but only when ESPN.com is open. BSOD with www.windows.stopcode and the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION followed by several minutes while it sends the "error info" and then reboots. Sometimes it happens when opening the page on Google...
  7. Cannot access 1 particular website on a particular PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access 1 particular website on a particular PC: I have the problem where I cannot access one particular website on only one of my pc, the site is christies.com I can access it on my phone and on my laptop, but on my pc i cannot access even with different browsers I keep getting connection was reset and secure connect...
  8. Unable to access a particular website

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to access a particular website: Hi to all I am having an issue and need some help please. Earlier today I was given admin access to a website to assist with some forums there. I was told to enter my username and a password (given by site for admin access ) then enter my normal user/password details. I...
  9. BSOD random, in particular when browsing

BSOD random, in particular when browsing: Hello ! , I have been getting bsods ever since I built my desktop and it has been annoying me a lot. I tryed to reinstall windows 10 a lot of time, but it is still happening. I attached the mini dump zips below. Please have a look at it and tell me if u see any problem, it...
  10. Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hello, I would really appreciate some help with my issues here. This BSOD appears seemingly at random, it can go days without it occuring and it can happen a few times a day. I'm not really sure what seems to trigger it unfortunately. I hope you guys can shed some light on...