Windows 10: Dpc_watchdog_violation

Discus and support Dpc_watchdog_violation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I have been fighting with a DPC watchdog violation in Windows 10, this occurs randomly. If I go to Device manager>Mice and Other Pointing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AbAppletic, May 21, 2016.

1. Dpc_watchdog_violation

Hello. I have been fighting with a DPC watchdog violation in Windows 10, this occurs randomly.
    If I go to Device manager>Mice and Other Pointing Devices, I don't see any Synpatics driver:
    Attachment 81045
    But if I go to Settings>Mouse & Touchpad>ِAdditional mouse options, I see this:

Attachment 81046
    So, any idea to "Rollback" or update this driver? I've read a lot that the Synpatics driver causes this BSOD.
    Attachment 81056

:)

AbAppletic, May 21, 2016
  2. GVT11 Win User

Screen freezes constantly after latest update

Now I’m getting DPC_Watchdog_violation

GVT11, May 21, 2016
  3. auggy Win User
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

The minidump files showed two different errors, a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) error and a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b) error.

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may be caused by a wireless driver, the athwnx.sys.

Which wireless adapter do you have and which driver is installed?

Also, what ASUS software is installed?

auggy, May 21, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Dpc_watchdog_violation

Hi AbAppletic,

The Synaptics drivers are drivers for touchpad devices as you know, I don't see it either in your device manager.

Please read BSOD Posting Instructions

5. Hello and thank you. I will update the topic, and I hope you reply.

AbAppletic, May 21, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please remove AMD Overdrive, it is a program known for causing BSODs.

Please cleanup your hard drive to at least 16-17GB free space, the best is to have at least 15% free space (16-17GB in your case) so Windows can do background stuff without annoying the user.

Unfortunately there are no dumps to analyse, the last BSOD occured 2 months ago according to the logs.

If you are using a program like Ccleaner please stop using it while troubleshooting.
    This because programs like Ccleaner remove dump files that are needed to troubleshoot.
    Or configure Ccleaner to not remove dump files:

Dpc_watchdog_violation [​IMG]

7. The last BSOD was 2 months ago, but my laptop is lagging all of a sudden, and it crashes sometimes, and the last few BSOD where this DPC thing. So if the BSODs have nothing to do with this lag, then I'll try doing something else and clearing space.
    Thank you for you help, problem solved.

AbAppletic, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Dpc_watchdog_violation

1. Dpc_watchdog_violation - Similar Threads - Dpc_watchdog_violation

2. DPC_Watchdog_violation crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_Watchdog_violation crashing: Hi there,I have a gaming laptop that keeps continuously crashing due to the violation mentioned above and I’m not sure why. Afterwards, my laptop would not recognize my GPU. Please help....
  3. DPC_Watchdog_violation crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_Watchdog_violation crashing: Hi there,I have a gaming laptop that keeps continuously crashing due to the violation mentioned above and I’m not sure why. Afterwards, my laptop would not recognize my GPU. Please help....
  4. DPC_Watchdog_violation crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. HELP with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: For 3 days now i cant seem to figure out why my computer is blue screening, the error i get is DPC_Watchdog_Violation, ive tried multiple ways to fix it but nothing seems to work, does anyone know a fix?here is a link to the minidumps: minidumps mediafire.com...
  6. HELP with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

HELP with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: For 3 days now i cant seem to figure out why my computer is blue screening, the error i get is DPC_Watchdog_Violation, ive tried multiple ways to fix it but nothing seems to work, does anyone know a fix?here is a link to the minidumps: minidumps mediafire.com...
  7. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONHello, I have been getting this error at random lately. I have a feeling it might be a driver after seeing some other threads in the community. I have no experience with this or looking at the DMP files. Here is a link the files: MP Files.zipThe PC...
  8. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONHello, I have been getting this error at random lately. I have a feeling it might be a driver after seeing some other threads in the community. I have no experience with this or looking at the DMP files. Here is a link the files: MP Files.zipThe PC...
  9. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: My PC keeps crashing because of a dpc_watchdog_violation. I really don't know what could be the cause it just started today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dpcwatchdogviolation/f85a6aa1-5dea-4bb7-ae42-63c70bb3211d
  10. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: My PC keeps crashing because of a dpc_watchdog_violation. I really don't know what could be the cause it just started today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dpcwatchdogviolation/f85a6aa1-5dea-4bb7-ae42-63c70bb3211d