Windows 10: Dpc_watchdog_violation

Discus and support Dpc_watchdog_violation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there! Yet another blue screen on a Xidax build! I was reading an article when my computer locked up. At that time, I knew a blue screen was on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by anesthetic, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Dpc_watchdog_violation

Hi there!

Yet another blue screen on a Xidax build! I was reading an article when my computer locked up. At that time, I knew a blue screen was on the midst! And alas! The above-mentioned error occurred. Please review the BSOD file and assist me in finding out what's the issue this time around. *cry *sarc *Mad Lol.

Thank you!

:)

anesthetic, Mar 9, 2016
  2. GVT11 Win User

Screen freezes constantly after latest update

Now I’m getting DPC_Watchdog_violation

GVT11, Mar 9, 2016
  3. auggy Win User
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

The minidump files showed two different errors, a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) error and a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b) error.

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may be caused by a wireless driver, the athwnx.sys.

Which wireless adapter do you have and which driver is installed?

Also, what ASUS software is installed?

auggy, Mar 9, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Dpc_watchdog_violation

Do two things.
    • Disable Bluetooth in device manager
    • Update windows to the latest.
    See how it goes. Let us know.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Code: BugCheck 133, {0, 501, 500, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bcbtums.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bcbtums.sys Probably caused by : BthA2DP.sys ( BthA2DP!Avdtp_impl::SendBTHD_Completion+c1 ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] Code: Windows 10 Kernel Version 10240 MP (4 procs) Free x64[/quote]

5. Disable Bluetooth? Sometimes I use it to power my Miniboom speaker. Should I not use motherboard's bluetooth?

anesthetic, Mar 10, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    So you have some use of Bluetooth.

Keep it disabled. When you need to use it, then enable it, use it, and then disable it back.

And dont forget to update windows.

7. Carsomyr Win User
    Out of curiosity do you have fast boot options enabled? If you are unsure of what that is, do you have the sleep/hibernate options when you shut down your desktop?

Carsomyr, Mar 10, 2016
  8. Dpc_watchdog_violation

I have the sleep option but not the hibernate option. Also, yes, I believe fast boot is enabled.

As far as updating windows goes, I just ended up re-installing the entire operating system; I had contacted Xidax and they told me to do a SFC/DISM scan. Both scans found corruption/issues.

After the re-installation, both scans are clean now. Anybody know how that could have occurred? And do you guys think that may have had something to do with the blue screens?

anesthetic, Mar 16, 2016
  9. ARC
    Arc Win User
    If the previous one was an upgrade install, then there might have been some problems of the upgradation.

A clean install always corrects the file system errors and assigns the latest drivers. That driver updates solve lots of device related issues, as the bluetooth for your case.

10. Hey there! This was never an upgrade. This was initially a clean install. Additionally, I've re-installed this OS several times already. I'm curious as to how these errors may have occurred.

anesthetic, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Dpc_watchdog_violation

1. Dpc_watchdog_violation - Similar Threads - Dpc_watchdog_violation

2. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I'm having issues with this, and I'm not sure what to do. I've tried everything:On Mon 3/18/2024 12:10:25 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reportedCrash dump file:C:\Windows\Minidump\031824-18281-01.dmp MinidumpBugcheck code:0x1330x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF8023771E340,...
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I'm having issues with this, and I'm not sure what to do. I've tried everything:On Mon 3/18/2024 12:10:25 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reportedCrash dump file:C:\Windows\Minidump\031824-18281-01.dmp MinidumpBugcheck code:0x1330x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF8023771E340,...
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreening my PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreening my PC.: I keep bluescreening and getting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error code and I notice it only happens when playing Roblox.Here is the minidump file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kO9DYuo80LqzzPdOQWNuJ706SRVH2tcY/view?usp=drive_link<3...
  5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreening my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreening my PC.: I keep bluescreening and getting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error code and I notice it only happens when playing Roblox.Here is the minidump file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kO9DYuo80LqzzPdOQWNuJ706SRVH2tcY/view?usp=drive_link<3...
  6. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreening my PC.

7. DPC_Watchdog_Violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_Watchdog_Violation: Hello everyone, when my father starts his PC, he gets a BSOD with the error message "DPC_Watchdog_Violation". He can't even access the desktop because a blue screen appears immediately after starting. He then receives an error message from the laptop manufacturer on his...
  8. DPC_Watchdog_Violation

DPC_Watchdog_Violation: Hello everyone, when my father starts his PC, he gets a BSOD with the error message "DPC_Watchdog_Violation". He can't even access the desktop because a blue screen appears immediately after starting. He then receives an error message from the laptop manufacturer on his...
  9. DPC_Watchdog_Violation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133: Good day to you all, I'm using windows 11 Pro 23H2, on my Vaio SE14 recently I had a BSOD saying DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133tried WinDbg to analyze I didn't find anything helpful in google.here below is the latest minidump:ERROR: FindPlugIns...