Windows 10: Dpc_watchdog_violation

Discus and support Dpc_watchdog_violation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, my computer started crashing today, with the mentioned BSOD(DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) it has already happened 3 times (while browsing). I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by darthtony, May 3, 2016.

1. darthtony Win User

Dpc_watchdog_violation

Hi, my computer started crashing today, with the mentioned BSOD(DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) it has already happened 3 times (while browsing). I am attaching the dump files. Thanks in advance for your help

:)

darthtony, May 3, 2016
  2. GVT11 Win User

Screen freezes constantly after latest update

Now I’m getting DPC_Watchdog_violation

GVT11, May 3, 2016
  3. auggy Win User
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

The minidump files showed two different errors, a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) error and a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b) error.

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may be caused by a wireless driver, the athwnx.sys.

Which wireless adapter do you have and which driver is installed?

Also, what ASUS software is installed?

auggy, May 3, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Dpc_watchdog_violation

Hi darthtony,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Your Logitech Webcam 300 is causing the crashes, please make sure to update the drivers.
    Driver Reference Table - lvuvc64.sys
    Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 133, {1, 1e00, 0, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for lvuvc64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for lvuvc64.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sys Probably caused by : lvuvc64.sys ( lvuvc64+5aca8 ) Followup: MachineOwner 2: kd> lmvm lvuvc64 Browse full module list start end module name fffff801`1d5f0000 fffff801`1da77d80 lvuvc64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: lvuvc64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\lvuvc64.sys Image name: lvuvc64.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Tue Oct 23 04:12:08 2012 (5085FCF8) CheckSum: 004912C7 ImageSize: 00487D80 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] EDIT: it seems the AVG activity monitor driver is being flagged too in 2/3 dumps, worth mentioning thus.
    I would suggest that you temporary remove AVG and use Windows Defender as alternative.
    In the link below, go to part C and download the uninstaller to ensure AVG is proper removed.
    Uninstall AVG software | AVG
    Code: ffffd000`22a62980 fffff801`90ed2050Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\avgidsdrivera.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgidsdrivera.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgidsdrivera.sys avgidsdrivera+0x42050[/quote]

axe0, May 4, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi darthtony,

In case you've missed my edit in my post I'm posting it again *Smile
    [/quote]

axe0, May 4, 2016
  6. darthtony Win User
    Thank you very much for your assistance, I updated the webcam drivers and unistalled AVG, i will see how it goes from here. For future reference, how do you check which driver/process is causing the crash?

darthtony, May 4, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    Learn debugging memory dumps to find the driver causing it, or to find the problem *Smile
    WinDBG - Install Configure - Windows 10 Forums
    WinDBG - The Basics for Debugging Crash Dumps in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Note that it isn't quite as easy as it sometimes may look like, there are several different kinds of crashes of which some do require understanding of a bit more than the basics but don't let that discourage you, do research on the things you don't understand/know & ask and keep trying is the best advice one could give.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Dpc_watchdog_violation

1. Dpc_watchdog_violation - Similar Threads - Dpc_watchdog_violation

2. DPC_Watchdog_violation crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_Watchdog_violation crashing: Hi there,I have a gaming laptop that keeps continuously crashing due to the violation mentioned above and I’m not sure why. Afterwards, my laptop would not recognize my GPU. Please help....
  3. DPC_Watchdog_violation crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_Watchdog_violation crashing: Hi there,I have a gaming laptop that keeps continuously crashing due to the violation mentioned above and I’m not sure why. Afterwards, my laptop would not recognize my GPU. Please help....
  4. DPC_Watchdog_violation crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. HELP with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: For 3 days now i cant seem to figure out why my computer is blue screening, the error i get is DPC_Watchdog_Violation, ive tried multiple ways to fix it but nothing seems to work, does anyone know a fix?here is a link to the minidumps: minidumps mediafire.com...
  6. HELP with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

HELP with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: For 3 days now i cant seem to figure out why my computer is blue screening, the error i get is DPC_Watchdog_Violation, ive tried multiple ways to fix it but nothing seems to work, does anyone know a fix?here is a link to the minidumps: minidumps mediafire.com...
  7. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONHello, I have been getting this error at random lately. I have a feeling it might be a driver after seeing some other threads in the community. I have no experience with this or looking at the DMP files. Here is a link the files: MP Files.zipThe PC...
  8. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONHello, I have been getting this error at random lately. I have a feeling it might be a driver after seeing some other threads in the community. I have no experience with this or looking at the DMP files. Here is a link the files: MP Files.zipThe PC...
  9. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: My PC keeps crashing because of a dpc_watchdog_violation. I really don't know what could be the cause it just started today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dpcwatchdogviolation/f85a6aa1-5dea-4bb7-ae42-63c70bb3211d
  10. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: My PC keeps crashing because of a dpc_watchdog_violation. I really don't know what could be the cause it just started today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dpcwatchdogviolation/f85a6aa1-5dea-4bb7-ae42-63c70bb3211d