Windows 10: DPI Settings

Discus and support DPI Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday I realised that Windows recommend to have the DPI settings at 125% I know that they have changed the whole DPI system in the creators... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SampXK, Jul 18, 2018.

1. SampXK Win User

DPI Settings

Yesterday I realised that Windows recommend to have the DPI settings at 125%

I know that they have changed the whole DPI system in the creators update, but I wonder if there is an article that explain why the setting 125% and not 100% is recommended?

:)

SampXK, Jul 18, 2018
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Disable High DPI Automatic Scaling

Hello,

What we can suggest to resolve the issue with your DPI settings is by following the steps on this
    article. Please note that these are only workarounds. DPI Scaling issues can be very tricky as these
    can involve multiple PC configuration. You would need to report this on our
    Feedback Hub
    for our Engineers to be notified of the issue as stated on the article.

Update us if there are improvements.

Ian Ser, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Override high DPI scalling behavior settings not saving after a reboot

Hello Jorge,

Changes in the configuration settings can be one of the factors why this issue occurs. To provide you the appropriate steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• Are you also experiencing the same issue upon changing the drop-down options under Scaling performed by?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, we have an entire support article dedicated to repair Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices. To view this article, click on this
    link and follow the tips and steps provided on it.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Zedrick Del, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

DPI Settings

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

DPI Settings

1. DPI Settings - Similar Threads - DPI Settings

2. DPI Setting changes in game - MW3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPI Setting changes in game - MW3: My mouse DPI has started to be effected within Modern Warfare 3. Whilst in game I hear a noise that I have an alert to an app or something which I expect to pop up on the screen, but there is nothing to reference why the DPI settings are changing in game. The moment it...
  3. DPI Setting changes in game - MW3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPI Setting changes in game - MW3: My mouse DPI has started to be effected within Modern Warfare 3. Whilst in game I hear a noise that I have an alert to an app or something which I expect to pop up on the screen, but there is nothing to reference why the DPI settings are changing in game. The moment it...
  4. High DPI settings for windows system dialogs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High DPI settings for windows system dialogs: I'm using Win11, and some of system dialogs looks blurryFor other program it can be fixed in exe-file-properties->Compatibility->Change high DPI settings dialogBut for system dialogs, for instance network adapter properties, which is displayed by dllhost.exe - there is no...
  5. High DPI settings for windows system dialogs

High DPI settings for windows system dialogs: I'm using Win11, and some of system dialogs looks blurryFor other program it can be fixed in exe-file-properties->Compatibility->Change high DPI settings dialogBut for system dialogs, for instance network adapter properties, which is displayed by dllhost.exe - there is no...
  6. Ergonomic mouse dpi setting issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ergonomic mouse dpi setting issue: I'm using an Egonomic Bluetooth mouse and if I set it to dpi 2400, it sometimes slows down and when I reset it, it comes back, but please fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ergonomic-mouse-dpi-setting-issue/b65c88a7-ecc4-4c39-b4f6-02deef2ebb58
  7. Ergonomic mouse dpi setting issue

Ergonomic mouse dpi setting issue: I'm using an Egonomic Bluetooth mouse and if I set it to dpi 2400, it sometimes slows down and when I reset it, it comes back, but please fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ergonomic-mouse-dpi-setting-issue/b65c88a7-ecc4-4c39-b4f6-02deef2ebb58
  8. Ergonomic mouse dpi setting issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. High DPI scalling override properties settings just work once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High DPI scalling override properties settings just work once: Hello,for a software we are using in our company we need to change the high dpi scaling for that application on two of our Computers, because we are using super wide displays 3440x1440To get the perfect solution, we need following settings:That works once. When closing the...
  10. High DPI scalling override properties settings just work once

High DPI scalling override properties settings just work once: Hello,for a software we are using in our company we need to change the high dpi scaling for that application on two of our Computers, because we are using super wide displays 3440x1440To get the perfect solution, we need following settings:That works once. When closing the...