Windows 10: drag & drop issues

Discus and support drag & drop issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My system was running well until I started having drag & drop issues ie: o cannot drag messages within Thunderbird or to Explorer or Desktop o... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dacct, Jan 3, 2016.

1. dacct Win User

drag & drop issues

My system was running well until I started having drag & drop issues ie:

o cannot drag messages within Thunderbird or to Explorer or Desktop
    o cannot re-arrange tabs in Firefox (ok on Chrome and Edge)
    o cannot drag URL from Firefox or Chrome to Explorer or Desktop (Edge is ok)
    o cannot drag images from Firefox or Chrome to Explorer or Desktop (Edge is ok)

Debugging I tried:

o Creating a new account was of no help.
    o Uninstalled Firefox, removed profile, and re-installed was of no help.

Any thoughts welcome !

Thanks !

:)

dacct, Jan 3, 2016

2. unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Original title: Drag & Drop

I am using IE 11 on Windows 10 and use a couple web based applications that require uploading PDF documents. Most use drag & drop in addition to browsing for files. I prefer to use drag & drop, but it doesn't seem to be working in IE 11. It works in Chrome,
    so I believe it is a IE 11 issue, rather than Windows. Is there a setting I need to change in order to allow me to drag & drop files from File Explorer to the IE web pages?

Cristy de Garay, Jan 3, 2016
  3. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)

Actually, I think it is Drag & Drop in general.

I managed to trigger BSOD Drag & Dropping on the Desktop and also while moving files between Explorer windows.

I suppose it might also happen while Drag & Dropping using other programs.

Marco.Freire, Jan 3, 2016
  4. Almighty1 Win User

drag & drop issues

Did you try draging and then hitting the escape key while dragging?

Almighty1, Jan 5, 2016
  5. dacct Win User
    Yup but to no avail.

dacct, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

drag & drop issues

1. drag & drop issues - Similar Threads - drag drop issues

2. drag and drop issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drag and drop issue: I'm having this trouble lately wherein I cannot drag and drop any files to another folder using either my touchpad or mouse. It will not also allow me to cover up or highlight a sentence since it will be cut halfway. There are no new updates available, and forum only gives me...
  3. drag and drop issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    drag and drop issue: I'm having this trouble lately wherein I cannot drag and drop any files to another folder using either my touchpad or mouse. It will not also allow me to cover up or highlight a sentence since it will be cut halfway. There are no new updates available, and forum only gives me...
  4. drag and drop issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. drag and drop and other unespected issues

drag and drop and other unespected issues: a couple a days ago suddenly i couldn t drag and drop files from one to another folder neither using mouse or touchpad . also have problems holding left shift to upper case letters , does not happen to the right shift . i m sure that is not a mouse or keyboard problem cause i...
  6. drag and drop issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drag and drop issue: in my laptop acer aspire 7 upgraded my operating system to windows 11 but the drag and drop feature is not working for the past 5 months . pls solve this problem in the new windows 11 update...
  7. drag and drop issue

drag and drop issue: in my laptop acer aspire 7 upgraded my operating system to windows 11 but the drag and drop feature is not working for the past 5 months . pls solve this problem in the new windows 11 update...
  8. Drag and drop issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and drop issue: Hi MS Community,Drag and drop is function is not available in windows 11. How to resolve this permanently ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-issue/924d459a-1ad1-491e-b467-fb6a12429403
  9. Drag and drop issue

Drag and drop issue: Hi MS Community,Drag and drop is function is not available in windows 11. How to resolve this permanently ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-issue/924d459a-1ad1-491e-b467-fb6a12429403
  10. Drag and drop

Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539