Windows 10: dragging messages from one account to another

Discus and support dragging messages from one account to another in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have used Windows Live Mail 2012 in Windows 7 for a few years; most of my activity is in two Hotmail/Outlook accounts. One useful feature was the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mneher, Aug 16, 2016.

1. mneher Win User

dragging messages from one account to another

I have used Windows Live Mail 2012 in Windows 7 for a few years; most of my activity is in two Hotmail/Outlook accounts. One useful feature was the ability to move messages from one account to the other -- I kept all my archived messages under one account, no matter which one they arrived in.

Microsoft sent notifications earlier this year that Live Mail would no longer be able to access Outlook accounts after some ongoing account upgrades. The recommended path was to upgrade to Windows 10 and use the Mail app. I fired up Mail for the first time yesterday, and it doesn't appear to support moving messages from one account to another, just between folders under the same account.

Has anyone figured out a way to do this ?? Or is this an orphaned functionality ??

Thanks

:)

mneher, Aug 16, 2016

2. Transferring messages from one nokia to another?

Hi try this..

Insert sim into your old mob and copy all the msg's from phone memory to sim memory and the put the sim back into n73

vidhya_157, Aug 16, 2016
  3. Transferring messages from one nokia to another?

Hi,

Take backup from 6680 and restore that to N73...does it help?

miksu---01, Aug 16, 2016
  4. gpstoloff Win User

AFAIK, that capability was never in either W8 or W10 Mail applications -- because of their fundamental design.

WLM is an off-line email client application that has been designed to download mail from any number of account types (Exchange/Outlook via MAPI/HTTP, Outlook.com via Exchange ActiveSync AKA DeltaSync, IMAP, & POP3). Since you have a copy of the message .eml file on your local PC with WLM, you can move that file between folders from any linked account and have it uploaded to the new account.

W8/10 Mail is a touch-oriented viewer designed to display messages from a Web host. It's Outlook.com's security that requires you to be logged into only 1 MS account associated with that Outlook.com mail account at a time. Since there is no local storage of .eml files, they can't be held on your PC to allow retention while you log into the new account. The folders you see in W8/10 Mail exist only on your Outlook.com servers.

The alternative many are choosing is to find another off-line email client, such as Thunderbird or eM Client.

gpstoloff, Aug 17, 2016
  5. WLM still works with Outlook.com if you use POP3 or IMAP. MS changed Outlook.com to use the sync engine capatible with other office products.

What that manes is IF you used the old MS sync protocol then you have to change the way WLM asks for mail.

If you used sync with calendars, that will no longer work in WLM.

The best way to put this is if you used to use POP3 or IMAP, you're good to go with WLM, except for Calenders

If you use filters to move your mail then you have to connect with POP3

Rather than use one of the email account folders to hold all mail, consider using a folder in storage for both.

Slartybart, Aug 17, 2016
  6. mneher Win User
    Thanks for the info. I deleted and re-added a hotmail account in WLM using POP, and while it downloaded all the messages, it wouldn't stay synchronized -- I will spend a little more time on it tonight.

mneher, Aug 17, 2016
  7. Ok, it sounds as though you're familiar enough with WLM and you are able to get mail.

I'm not sure what you mean by it wouldn't stay synchronized.

Mail options:
    General tab

dragging messages from one account to another [​IMG]

Send Tab

dragging messages from one account to another [​IMG]

I choose to only receive or send mail when I press Send/Receive (F5)
    Every option in my examples above make sending and receiving a manual operation.

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. dragging messages from one account to another - Similar Threads - dragging messages account

2. Can't drag window from one monitor to another seamlessly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't drag window from one monitor to another seamlessly: I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 and I have two monitors. I have no problem with respect to their orientation re which is monitor 1 and 2. Moving the mouse from left to right, right to left is correct.My issue is moving a window from one monitor to the other. When I grab the top...
  3. Can't drag window from one monitor to another seamlessly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't drag window from one monitor to another seamlessly: I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 and I have two monitors. I have no problem with respect to their orientation re which is monitor 1 and 2. Moving the mouse from left to right, right to left is correct.My issue is moving a window from one monitor to the other. When I grab the top...
  4. Can't drag window from one monitor to another seamlessly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Copy Registry From One Account to Another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy Registry From One Account to Another: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎6/‎29/‎2021 OS build 19043.1288 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 ------------------------------------------------------------------------My old machine bought in March of 2011 died after 10 1/2 years...
  6. Issue dragging from one monitor to another

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue dragging from one monitor to another: I am using the latest version of Windows 10 with the latest version of Chrome as my browser. This is an issue that only started today or at least I only noticed it today. I can drag google chrome tabs from one monitor to another but certain other things I can not. For...
  7. Drag and drop often does not work from one program to another

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and drop often does not work from one program to another: When I try to drag and drop files to copy, move them to another program or a link from the browser to a file manager to copy the link location and so on it often is not possible (sometimes it works, sometimes it does not, although the programs always are the sames), this sign...
  8. Cannot drag from one screen to another

Cannot drag from one screen to another: Hello, I am using Windows 10 on my laptop and recently tried to connect an Acer monitor for an additional screen using an HDMI cable. 1. Followed online instructions. 2. Acer monitor shows desks with no icons but has an active taskbar. 3. On occasion, the mouse will...
  9. Drag and drop email from one folder to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag and drop email from one folder to another: I am trying to move a file from one folder to another personal folder and is not working. When I open up the personal folder the latest emails are a month old. Why can't I move these files and view them?...
  10. Can't disable docking of window dragged from one monitor to another

Can't disable docking of window dragged from one monitor to another: I've already disabled the "Snap" feature in Settings => System => Multi-tasking. This turns off docking *within* a single monitor, but does nothing to disable docking of windows dragged from one monitor to another. EVERY time I drag a window from one monitor to another, it...