Windows 10: Drawing on my laptop

Discus and support Drawing on my laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a touch screen laptop and I've been trying to find a pen that will work with it, but I can't seem to find anything that is compatible. It's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ariesgirl5959, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Drawing on my laptop

I have a touch screen laptop and I've been trying to find a pen that will work with it, but I can't seem to find anything that is compatible. It's a Lenovo Yoga710-15ISK and I want to be able to draw directly on my screen. Does anyone know of any pen that would work with my computer? Thank you!

:)

ariesgirl5959, Aug 15, 2016

2. I have Corel Draw X6 on my Windows 10 laptop. Ran perfectly. Windows Updated this week - now can't sign into Corel Draw X6

My new HP laptop I installed Corel Draw X6 on it. It worked perfectly for two months, until this week when Windows 10 decided to update (I had no warning to delay it either) and since then I have been unable to sign into my Corel Draw account.

I have uninstalled and installed - contacted Corel Draw support many times and they cannot sort it out.

My desktop allows me to sign in to Corel Draw X6 and also was able to sign in to Corel X6 (installing it first) using my other work's Windows 10 laptop. However, I need Corel Draw on my HP laptop.

Apparently there is a compatibility issue but how come it worked perfectly on my HP before the Windows 10 update this week?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - thank you in advance

NB. I have done virus/malware scans and all clear

Dizzy Hatty, Aug 15, 2016
  3. in2white Win User
    How to draw lines in Fresh Paint application

I'm just starting with Fresh Paint and it looks very interesting. I've got a touchscreen laptop but using my fingers isn't an option if I want to do anything worthwhile. There just isn't the control. So, what do you use to draw the controlled lines
    such as those in the drawing of the Red Panda, or anything else that needs fine line drawing. My laptop doesn't fold like a tent which might have given more control, I don't know. Thanks. Is there a tutorial at all?

in2white, Aug 15, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

Drawing on my laptop

The Yoga 710 has a capacitive touch screen. An active stylus won't be compatible, but a number of companies make styluses (styli?) that are. One example:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ls_o00_s00_i00

I don't own anything like that. Whether it works much better than a finger, I could only guess.

bobkn, Aug 15, 2016
  5. Ah thank you! This will help a lot knowing what type of screen it is!

ariesgirl5959, Aug 18, 2016
  6. VBJP Win User
    You will not get good drawing experience without active pen like for example Wacom, ntrig, etc. AFAIK Your screen doesn't support active pen that means any creative work like drawing would be almost impossible or very hard with standard capacitive stylus. It probably will be better than finger but not much more. No palm rejection, no pressure levels and quite bad precision.

VBJP, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Drawing on my laptop

1. Drawing on my laptop - Similar Threads - Drawing laptop

2. screen turning off anytime i draw on an image using snip and sketch, and laptop is freezing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen turning off anytime i draw on an image using snip and sketch, and laptop is freezing...: so whenever i draw on a recent screen shot using snip and sketch, it would randomly turn my screen black for no reason, and then after im done drawing it would turn back to normal, does anyone know whats going on?also my pc is freezing randomly, idk whats causing it but if...
  3. screen turning off anytime i draw on an image using snip and sketch, and laptop is freezing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen turning off anytime i draw on an image using snip and sketch, and laptop is freezing...: so whenever i draw on a recent screen shot using snip and sketch, it would randomly turn my screen black for no reason, and then after im done drawing it would turn back to normal, does anyone know whats going on?also my pc is freezing randomly, idk whats causing it but if...
  4. Connecting Laptop to Computer to Use As A Drawing Tablet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connecting Laptop to Computer to Use As A Drawing Tablet: I want to be able to use my laptop (Acer Spin) as a drawing tablet in tandem with my PC, is there any plausible way to do this ? Both run on Windows 10. submitted by /u/meme_lord04 [link] [comments]...
  5. Colours incorrect in drawing programs on Windows Surface Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Colours incorrect in drawing programs on Windows Surface Laptop: Hi there I received a new Surface Laptop 3 last week, and I've already installed Photoshop and Affinifty. If I open a grayscale document in either of the programs, the document in the work area displays as shades of beige. If I use a color dropper, the hex values...
  6. Any touchscreen app I can use to circle, draw on my laptop screen while I narrate?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any touchscreen app I can use to circle, draw on my laptop screen while I narrate?: I'm trying to record some videos commenting on some sports. Obviously I can screen record and play the clip. I can run Audacity to record my audio. Are there any free programs I can use so I can "draw"on the screen to point things in the sports clip as I talk over it?...
  7. Windows 10 laptop doesn't recognise USB drawing tablet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 laptop doesn't recognise USB drawing tablet: Hi! I bought a Star 03 XP-PEN drawing tablet around 2 years ago, and it worked perfectly on my old PC which was windows 10. I recently got a new laptop after not having one for a year or so and I have tried to reinstall my tablet. I was given a disc which installed the...
  8. Drawing in microsoft program makes my laptop black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drawing in microsoft program makes my laptop black screen: When i draw in Microsoft Program my screen instantly just blink and become black. I've tried to reset my whole pc including cleaning all the drive but it still doesn't work. I still can draw on third party programs like Adobe Photoshop. I'm using the latest version of Windows...
  9. Questions about laptops (how to store the battery, viewiel power it draws under full load, etc)?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Questions about laptops (how to store the battery, viewiel power it draws under full load, etc)?: Hello, i have the HP 17-ca1216ng and according to the manufacturer it is stated to have a power consumption of 45 watts, i assume that this is in desktop mode. Question 1) But how much power does it draw when you watch videos on Youtube or specially downloaded videos,...
  10. My laptop become blackscreen whenever i want to draw something with microsoft programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop become blackscreen whenever i want to draw something with microsoft programs: *sorry for my bad English Every time I use a program from Microsoft except paint like Microsoft whiteboard, Onenote, fullscreen snip, photo editor from photos. It always makes my laptop black screen and freezes. I try to use 3rd party software like Adobe Photoshop, Medibang...