Windows 10: Dreaded Win10 WiFi Issue: Can't enable WiFi after Upgrade

Discus and support Dreaded Win10 WiFi Issue: Can't enable WiFi after Upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I upgraded my friends HP laptop to Windows 10. The issue now is I can't enable Wifi. The card is recognized correctly in Device manager and no issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by beginner99, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Dreaded Win10 WiFi Issue: Can't enable WiFi after Upgrade

I upgraded my friends HP laptop to Windows 10. The issue now is I can't enable Wifi. The card is recognized correctly in Device manager and no issues is found with it. It looks like it is fine. However in the Network Settings WLAN is set to "Off" and when I try to turn it on it always jumps right back to off. eg. I can't enable it.

HP is now help as they clearly state any laptop bought prior to specific date in 2013 will not get any driver updates from their side for windows 10. (Guys, never buy HP again please...). And updating through device manager only tells me it's the newest driver available.

The Wifi card i Broadcom 4313GN card. I searched for win 10 drivers but did not find anything.They only offer linux drivers on their homepage...

So can anyone either provide a solution to the issue or link to a win 1' driver for this wifi card?

:)

beginner99, Feb 28, 2016
  2. Sharyan Win User

Dell 3148- 2in1 not able to detect Wireless Network which is switched on after PC bootup

Hi guys,

My Dell 3148 laptop **** tab (Sept-2015 make) has been upgraded to win10 & it detect wireless network for the first time after boot up but it do not detect the wireless network switched on after pc boot up.

Same issue is experienced when I disconnect the connected wifi n/w or when the wifi is disabled and enabled again.

please suggest if anybody has experienced similar issue & solution for the same.

Thanks in advance,

Sachin

Sharyan, Feb 28, 2016
  3. Wireless Adapter Gone After Update to Windows 10 Version 1709

Sorry, this wouldn't work for me... my system won't even SEE the ASUS Wifi hardware during Win 10's installation. If Win10 can't see it, Win10 can't use it. Thanks

creoman466, Feb 28, 2016
  4. Dreaded Win10 WiFi Issue: Can't enable WiFi after Upgrade

I had a similar issue were I was stuck in Aeroplane mode on a cleanly installed W10. Turned out I had to uninstall it from the HID's in Device manager. It's worth checking that he's not stuck in it too. Search for drivers in Windows 7, from the HP website and you'll most likely resolve the issue.

ITApprentice, Feb 29, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Dreaded Win10 WiFi Issue: Can't enable WiFi after Upgrade

1. Dreaded Win10 WiFi Issue: Can't enable WiFi after Upgrade - Similar Threads - Dreaded Win10 WiFi

2. Can't enable WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable WiFi: I have a TP-Link Wifi CardTL-wn881nd and it doesn't work. It says it's disabled and when I click enable it doesn't do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-enable-wifi/d8876c35-0d42-48fb-9af8-14e4bfad2a99
  3. Can't enable WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enable WiFi: I have a TP-Link Wifi CardTL-wn881nd and it doesn't work. It says it's disabled and when I click enable it doesn't do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-enable-wifi/d8876c35-0d42-48fb-9af8-14e4bfad2a99
  4. Can't enable WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My wifi card can't enable

My wifi card can't enable: After I using laptop for while, today my laptop disappear wifi tab Bluetooth still usable, leave only airplane mode. When I was open device manager, my wifi card shown error code 10. I tried to fix, but failed Sorry for my English [ATTACH]...
  6. Strange wifi issue (win10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange wifi issue (win10): A few days ago, the wifi on my desktop would no longer work (windows problem solver: can't reach DNS server). I tried a load of different fixes I found on the internet but none would work. Eventually I just loaded a system "restore point" of a few days old (sorry if this is...
  7. Wifi issues on laptop running Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi issues on laptop running Win10: I was given a Panasonic Toughbook CF-31 and am working on getting it up and running. I've installed windows twice (once before and once after a ram and ssd upgrade) and both times I was able to connect to my wifi during the install process to download necessary files for the...
  8. Reconnecting to WiFi after my WiFi disconnects disables WiFi adapter, can't re-enable...

Reconnecting to WiFi after my WiFi disconnects disables WiFi adapter, can't re-enable...: My house WiFi sometimes cuts out for a second, disconnecting my computer from the WiFi. After this happens, I select my WiFi and press "Connect," and immediately, the WiFi menu collapses completely, showing only a text link to Network and Internet settings, and 3 buttonsWiFi,...
  9. WiFi connection issue after 1903 upgrade.

WiFi connection issue after 1903 upgrade.: Hello All I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. which went through OK using my WiFi connection at home. how ever after upgrade my WiFi connection shows all WiFi network available but when I try to connect after entering the password it get disappear and I will have...
  10. Wifi issue with Win10 HPLaptop

Wifi issue with Win10 HPLaptop: Hi all, Hope you are all having a good weekend. I have an issue with the above machine that i believe is down to the OS as opposed to the actual machine itself (although i could be wrong). When ever i boot my machine it takes a good 10 minutes before it connects to my...