Windows 10: Dreamspark's pro vs education edition for a long term use

Discus and support Dreamspark's pro vs education edition for a long term use in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Should I get the education or the multiple editions version from dreamspark? As far as I understand, edu is like pro but contains more features... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RonTG, Nov 25, 2016.

1. RonTG Win User

Dreamspark's pro vs education edition for a long term use

Hi,

Should I get the education or the multiple editions version from dreamspark?
    As far as I understand, edu is like pro but contains more features mainly for enterprises.

1. What about the security sector? can I as an individual user benefit from features like Device Guard and Credential Guard etc?
    2. I understand that after graduate I can still use the OS in edu case. what about multiple editions?
    3. In terms of future support and updates - is the pro version treated better becuase it is for the general mainstream users?
    4. In terms of license method - edu is under volume license agreement. what about the pro? Honestly I dont know much about the different methods.. is there any reason for me to care for that?

Thanks!

:)

RonTG, Nov 25, 2016

2. Windows 10 Education Threshold 2 1511 10586 ISO File Size

The Media Creation Tool only provides Pro and Home editions, not Education or Enterprise which is only available through Volume License Servicing Center, MSDN, DreamSpark.

Windows 10 Education 32 bit - 2.7 GBs

Windows 10 Education 64 bit - 3.6 GBs

Andre Da Costa, Nov 25, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Dreamspark questions

Hello,

it seems that my school is eligible for the Dreamspark Premium program and I can download both Windows 10 Education 32/64 bit and Windows 10 Multiple Editions 32/64 bit both in my native language and in English.

Here are some questions regarding these versions :

1)Education vs Multiple Editions? Which one is better for the average user?

2)For how much longer after you graduate does the Dreamspark Windows 10 OS work?

3)Are the keys Retail or OEM?

4)I read on the EULA (https://www.dreamspark.com/Institution/DSP-EULA.aspx) that the Windows 10 Dreamspark OS products are not meant for non-STEM activities such as web browsing , email etc... Are they not suitable for everyday use then?

5)Recently I built a new PC which still has no OS installed on it. Will using the Dreamspark OS product work on it or does the Dreamspark Windows OS have to be an upgrade to a preexisting Windows OS?

alexx123.1, Nov 25, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Did you even read the information that Microsoft has about this program? All of your questions are already answered on their website for this program that is basically a huge Charitable Donation write off for the Gates Foundation. As for Device Guard and Credential Guard, those are items that have been built into Windows 10 and again Microsoft's website, specifically Technet has already the answers that you need.

Not every one qualifies for this program. The majority of people that apply for it, have to meet a very strict set of guidelines.

bro67, Nov 25, 2016
  5. RonTG Win User
    I did read and got super confused. Apparently they changed the EULA agreement becuase now there in no restrictions for using education for a personal use like before.
    My questions are very specific becuase I could'nt find nor understand the answers over the net, so if you do have the answers I would ask you kindly to help me with this.
    I do qualify for this program and just want to make the right decision in the long term.
    Thanks

RonTG, Nov 25, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    None of us can answer those questions, since it is a specialized program that the Gates Foundation setup for those countries that could not afford the costs of the software. While you are in that program, you have to respect the boundaries that are defined in the use of the software.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Dreamspark's pro vs education edition for a long term use - Similar Threads - Dreamspark's pro education

2. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.: Hello! I have Question About Windows Editions, specificly about Windows Edition Comparisons.I Already Did Read Refrence Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-10-editions-for-education-customers-bf2572aa-5555-2b1e-f7ce-81e8ba890444But it does not give more...
  3. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.: Hello! I have Question About Windows Editions, specificly about Windows Edition Comparisons.I Already Did Read Refrence Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-10-editions-for-education-customers-bf2572aa-5555-2b1e-f7ce-81e8ba890444But it does not give more...
  4. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Education vs Pro education - WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Education vs Pro education - WIN 10: My friend needs my help to format some computers at a new school.The school already has office 365 educational licese.I just downloaded WIN 10 ISO. I found there are two version one called education and other Pro education. What are the difference please?Which version can I...
  6. Education vs Pro education - WIN 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Education vs Pro education - WIN 10: My friend needs my help to format some computers at a new school.The school already has office 365 educational licese.I just downloaded WIN 10 ISO. I found there are two version one called education and other Pro education. What are the difference please?Which version can I...
  7. Education vs Pro education - WIN 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 11 Pro VS. Windows 11 Pro Education

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro VS. Windows 11 Pro Education: I am taking a class, and the school gave me a copy of Windows 11 Pro Education. I am already running Windows 11 Pro on my machine, what is the difference between Windows 11 Pro and Windows 11 Pro Education? i tried looking it up myself but could not find any answers about...
  9. Windows 10 Pro vs Education

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro vs Education: So I recently discovered that I can get a copy of Windows 10 Education from my school for free, and I was wondering if that would be a good upgrade. I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro, but based on the few comparison tables I could find Education seems to be on par with...
  10. [SOLVED] "Education" vs. "Multiple Editions"

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED] "Education" vs. "Multiple Editions": Windows 10 is now posted on Dreamspark for students, but there are two versions (see attachment)--an "Education" edition and a "Multiple Editions" version. Does anyone know what the difference is between these? 9398