Windows 10: drive C used space is gaining

Discus and support drive C used space is gaining in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some reason my used space is gaining more(see attached). Just a few weeks ago the used space was at 50gb today it is up to 70gb. I don't know why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chito, Sep 13, 2016.

1. chito Win User

drive C used space is gaining

For some reason my used space is gaining more(see attached). Just a few weeks ago the used space was at 50gb today it is up to 70gb. I don't know why it keeps gaining probably everyday a few gigabyte. I did a tuneup update in geeksquad but that was all. I never installed any programs. Does anyone know the reasons for this?*Biggrin

:)

chito, Sep 13, 2016
  2. kumar_820 Win User

Which folders in C Drive I can delete safely

Currently I have 13 GB free space in the C Drive after using CC cleaner and disk cleaner and removing all the unnecessary programs. I wanted to delete the unnecessary files to gain at least 4GB space in my C Drive so that I can install the windows 10 anniversary
    update. Can somebody help me to delete the folders in C Drive manually so that I can gain the space.

kumar_820, Sep 13, 2016
  3. kumar_820 Win User
    Windows 10 update assistant stuck at 86%

This is not helping me. Can You please guide me on which folders of c drive i can delete safely to gain space on my c drive? I have already used inbuilt disk cleaner and cc cleaner. But this is not giving me any more space in c drive

kumar_820, Sep 13, 2016
  4. linw Win User

5. Grizzly Win User
    you are gaining "weight" on your computer cause of temporary files, restore points, high use of the swapfile, hiberfile and not forgetting to mention the ever gaining folder "winsxs" (which has on my pc already a size of 8GB with raising tendency)...

Grizzly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. drive C used space is gaining - Similar Threads - drive used space

2. C drive is showing wrong used space

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    C drive is showing wrong used space: Hello, I'm Arjun.I have windows 10 OS. My C drive is about 195 GB. And all the folders in C drive cumulatively used 57 GB space but C drive shows 120 GB is in use. Is there anything hidden which is using the space.How can I delete those ?Waiting for reply ASAP.Regards,Arjun...
  3. C drive is showing wrong used space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive is showing wrong used space: Hello, I'm Arjun.I have windows 10 OS. My C drive is about 195 GB. And all the folders in C drive cumulatively used 57 GB space but C drive shows 120 GB is in use. Is there anything hidden which is using the space.How can I delete those ?Waiting for reply ASAP.Regards,Arjun...
  4. C drive is showing wrong used space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. C drive used space high

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive used space high: Hi. My C drive on Windows 10 Home shows Capacity 547 GB, used 245 GB, 329 GB. The installed programs are Edge, Firefox, Revo Uninstall Cyberlink 19, Office Student 2007, Cortana.It looks as if there is at least 165 GB unaccounted for.How do I find what is there and how to...
  6. C drive used space high

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive used space high: Hi. My C drive on Windows 10 Home shows Capacity 547 GB, used 245 GB, 329 GB. The installed programs are Edge, Firefox, Revo Uninstall Cyberlink 19, Office Student 2007, Cortana.It looks as if there is at least 165 GB unaccounted for.How do I find what is there and how to...
  7. C drive used space high

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. C Drive is suddenly gaining free space without me doing anything.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C Drive is suddenly gaining free space without me doing anything.: I need help with this. After the recent update from Windows my C drive is suddenly gaining free space like crazy. For example, when I installed the update it had 414 GB available, yesterday it had 416 GB, now today it suddenly has 417 GB free. I have no viruses or malware. I...
  9. Cannot gain access to C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot gain access to C drive: So I went to properties on my disk drive and clicked security, I messed around with the permissions as I was trying to do something but after I went back on it, there is only 1 user compared to my other drive which has 4. I am only able to read on my drive and I've tried the...
  10. My C: Drive is randomly gaining storage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My C: Drive is randomly gaining storage: The past week I noticed my C: Drive was gaining storage very slowly for no reason. Today I decided to remove some stuff from it because it was gaining quite a bit, it was roughly at 60 gigs when I removed stuff and got it to 151 gigs. I took a screenshot right after cleaning...