Windows 10: Drive capacity graphic in File Explorer

Discus and support Drive capacity graphic in File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Has anyone else noticed this or is it something specific to my Windows 10 Preview (10162). The graphic in File Explorer that should indicate used and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Justdave, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Justdave Win User

Drive capacity graphic in File Explorer

Has anyone else noticed this or is it something specific to my Windows 10 Preview (10162). The graphic in File Explorer that should indicate used and free space on a drive is as you can see not very intuitive. It was a pie chart on all previous versions of Windows that I can remember...now it is a donut!

Drive capacity graphic in File Explorer [​IMG]

:)

Justdave, Jul 4, 2015

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jul 4, 2015
  3. Error "Drive is full" o File Explorer

*Original title: drive contents

My file explorer says that my drive is "full," but, when I look at each file's size, the total adds up to less than half the drive capacity. How do I find what is filling my C drive?

JamesHilke, Jul 4, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

That changed several builds ago

Dude, Jul 4, 2015
  5. Justdave Win User
    My wife just pointed out to me that there are two different colors in that 'donut'. Being colorblind I just didn't see that. I still don't see two different colors. Microsoft...what about the American's with Disabilities Act!!

Justdave, Jul 4, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    That's what high contrast themes are for.

Mystere, Jul 4, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    I reported that to MS when I first noticed it a few builds back. They have changed the color. When I first saw it I thought it was all the same color. I had to look very hard to see one color was slightly darker than the other. I still prefer the pie chart over the doughnut.

Winuser, Jul 4, 2015
  8. Justdave Win User

Winuser, Thank you! I am not the only one. Changing to high contrast as Mystere suggested does not make it easier to see. The colors are the same. Even if it did correct, it would be an 'overkill' solution to a somewhat minor problem.

Dave

Justdave, Jul 4, 2015
  9. Dude Win User
    I think when we get the rtm, better themes will be available

Dude, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Drive capacity graphic in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Drive capacity graphic

2. Is there a way to see storage capacity on file explorer by default?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to see storage capacity on file explorer by default?: I remember in windows 10, I was able to see the storage capacity of my drives but then the feature was gone somehow and on Windows 11 I still don't know how to turn it back on.I mean like instead of having to right click, properties and look at the storage there, it used to...
  3. Is there a way to see storage capacity on file explorer by default?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to see storage capacity on file explorer by default?: I remember in windows 10, I was able to see the storage capacity of my drives but then the feature was gone somehow and on Windows 11 I still don't know how to turn it back on.I mean like instead of having to right click, properties and look at the storage there, it used to...
  4. C: drive capacity shows wrong size in File Explorer and Disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C: drive capacity shows wrong size in File Explorer and Disk management: ok, I know I have see other posts and I have tried all of those suggestions that supposably worked. But not in my case.I am running a W2K12R2 server. The C: drive initially had 2.5GB left so I added 21GB via VMWare Sphere. The, in Disk Management, I extended the volume. I did...
  5. C: drive capacity shows wrong size in File Explorer and Disk management

C: drive capacity shows wrong size in File Explorer and Disk management: ok, I know I have see other posts and I have tried all of those suggestions that supposably worked. But not in my case.I am running a W2K12R2 server. The C: drive initially had 2.5GB left so I added 21GB via VMWare Sphere. The, in Disk Management, I extended the volume. I did...
  6. free space capacity always changing randomly in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free space capacity always changing randomly in file explorer: hello, i have windows 11 home and my free space capacity in my file explorer is always changing randomly, even i not downloading or removing any file from my computer. example: yesterday it shows 119gb free space, in morning it shows 118 gb free space, in night it shows 120gb...
  7. free space capacity always changing randomly in file explorer

free space capacity always changing randomly in file explorer: hello, i have windows 11 home and my free space capacity in my file explorer is always changing randomly, even i not downloading or removing any file from my computer. example: yesterday it shows 119gb free space, in morning it shows 118 gb free space, in night it shows 120gb...
  8. Lagging File explorer menu graphics

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lagging File explorer menu graphics: any one having this issue? i cant work out the solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lagging-file-explorer-menu-graphics/60e603d4-f363-4351-8983-95aa06bc9efc
  9. File explorer graphics lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer graphics lag: [IMG] submitted by /u/Kronendal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ga3pqv/file_explorer_graphics_lag/
  10. One Drive Capacity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive Capacity: How do I find out how much capacity I have for free storage on One Drive. Currently the only information I see is 20.5gb remaining. How do i find out how much I started with i.e. used already 25688

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drive capacity this pc file explorer