Windows 10: Drive, Folder and File Ownership

Discus and support Drive, Folder and File Ownership in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; First off, I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong topic, I pondered for quite a while trying to decide where exactly I should present my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SmartGuyDumbPC, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Drive, Folder and File Ownership

First off, I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong topic, I pondered for quite a while trying to decide where exactly I should present my questions/issues and ultimately decided on this topic because but for Network and Sharing issues, I don't know I would truly understand the depth of the problem(s). The ownership and control issues I'm having ultimately prevent the sharing of the files and folders.

I've run into the problems identical or at least very similar to what I'm asking about now on versions of Windows dating as back as the initial launch of Vista, but I am in fact now using a desktop PC (AMD Athlon 64II, 8GB ram, nVidea GPX with an additional 2 GB video RAM).

I have an array of disk drives and currently the issue(s) pertain mostly to one and the initial cause seems to be from migrating the physical drive into a completely different environment (i.e., from "Computer 1" to Computer 2") or in a few passed occasions, int he instance of format/re-install circumstance.

My first solution, of course was the use of the utility found elsewhere on this site, "Take Ownership with Delay," which appears (and reports) to work each time, but that further inspection and testing proves I have gained no more control that I had before.

My questions:

• Is there an inexpensive, effective application that affords a much higher level of "real" control over files or, even better, entire drives at one time?
    • Could the desired outcome be reached through something as simple as a batch file I could write myself?
    • Isn't anyone else running into these problems?

On a side-note, the last time I rebuilt my system, I ended up having to copy between two different PCs, file by file...something I truly hope never to do again in my lifetime!

Help.....

:)

SmartGuyDumbPC, Apr 3, 2016

2. Getting a "E: is not accessible, access denied" for a Seagate Expansion Portable drive under Win 10 Pro

I looked at this but it looked like this was only ownership of a file or folder, not the whole drive. I need to take ownership of the whole drive I believe.

Donald_007, Apr 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 "User" folder

Well, the files are likely there, keep show hidden files enabled then browse through each folder starting at the C:\ drive.

If you are unable to open a folder, try taking ownership of it:

https://www.askvg.com/add-take-ownership-option...

Andre Da Costa, Apr 3, 2016
Thema:

Drive, Folder and File Ownership

1. Drive, Folder and File Ownership - Similar Threads - Drive Folder File

2. How to restrict File folder ownership changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restrict File folder ownership changes: Hi,I have an external hard drive with a certain folder that I don't want anyone else but myself to view. I was successfully about to change the permissions to only allow my user account to view the account, even on other computers. I did this via security permissions in...
  3. How to restrict File folder ownership changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restrict File folder ownership changes: Hi,I have an external hard drive with a certain folder that I don't want anyone else but myself to view. I was successfully about to change the permissions to only allow my user account to view the account, even on other computers. I did this via security permissions in...
  4. cant change the file folder ownership

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant change the file folder ownership: I cannot save my games to my D drive, my D drive has 400Gb available storage, is there a workaround https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-the-file-folder-ownership/bcea7aaa-b63e-43a5-a61f-4a760d7f4fec
  5. cant change the file folder ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant change the file folder ownership: I cannot save my games to my D drive, my D drive has 400Gb available storage, is there a workaround https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-the-file-folder-ownership/bcea7aaa-b63e-43a5-a61f-4a760d7f4fec
  6. cant change the file folder ownership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Folder and File ownership not accepted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder and File ownership not accepted: Hi. I added and external hard drive to my new laptop after my laptop boke. I had no special ownership added to the external drive with my old laptop. I just plugged it in and used it. Now in my new laptop some folders and files behave normally but others say that i dont have...
  8. Take Ownership folders and files

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Take Ownership folders and files: Since I got the update for Windows 10 for 1809 version I need to take ownership for many folders and files I want to use. I could some help for this. I know there used to be some software that would do this for you. Does anyone know what software that would be and where to...
  9. Take Ownership folders and files

in Windows 10 Support
    Take Ownership folders and files: Since I got the update for Windows 10 for 1809 version I need to take ownership for many folders and files I want to use. I could some help for this. I know there used to be some software that would do this for you. Does anyone know what software that would be and where to...
  10. WindowsApps folder ownership, in another drive

in Windows 10 Support
    WindowsApps folder ownership, in another drive: Hello, did someone found a way to take complete ownership (includig copy and paste files) of a "windowsApps" folder WHICH IS NOT in drive C? Thanks. 103008