Windows 10: Drive full but no files

Discus and support Drive full but no files in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; One of my drives is filling up but there are no files. I have checked Show Hidden, run WinDirStat. Any thoughts/ ideas. [img] 90692 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DeadMedic, Aug 6, 2017.

1. DeadMedic Win User

Drive full but no files

One of my drives is filling up but there are no files. I have checked Show Hidden, run WinDirStat. Any thoughts/ ideas.

Drive full but no files [​IMG]

:)

DeadMedic, Aug 6, 2017
  2. ougbad Win User

Game won't install to D drive but C drive is full. How do I make D drive primary for installing?

It's a desktop game.

I also can't free up space on my C drive since it's pretty small and there are barely any applications on there.

ougbad, Aug 6, 2017
  3. Game won't install to D drive but C drive is full. How do I make D drive primary for installing?

Is this a desktop game or a game being installed from the Store?

If you are installing from the Store, you need to free up space on C:\ before you can move it to the D:\ drive.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Aug 6, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

Drive full but no files

Hi and welcome.

Sorry but I cant view your screenshot. Please follow this guide as this forum can host images for you.

swarfega, Aug 6, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    Try Space Sniffer free, it should tell you what is taking up the space.
    It may be the hidden directory System Volume information, (system restore files) or the hidden Recycle Bin.

spunk, Aug 6, 2017
  6. You can try to run this:
    Code: vssadmin Resize ShadowStorage /For=C: /On=I: /Maxsize=320MB vssadmin Resize ShadowStorage /For=I: /On=I: /Maxsize=320MB[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Aug 6, 2017
  7. If that is the System Reserved, or EFI partition, that is normally hidden with no drive letter. That's normal, just ignore it. If it is one of those partitions, can't view your screen shot so can't tell, removing the drive letter will hide it again and get rid of the RED no space warning.

alphanumeric, Aug 6, 2017
  8. DeadMedic Win User

Drive full but no files

Thanks. That did the trick. It was a bunch of system files (probably system restore points) that seem to have dumped onto that drive when I added the Creators Update. It's weird that drive is just a partition I use to store backups of my music. It's like Windows woke up one morning and decided to start putting stuff on there.

DeadMedic, Aug 7, 2017
  9. pepanee Win User
    If you want, you can adjust the amount of space used for System Restore on your drives. Look at the attached image.

Drive full but no files [​IMG]

pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Drive full but no files

1. Drive full but no files - Similar Threads - Drive full files

2. C drive is in full even no apps or files saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive is in full even no apps or files saved: My C drive almost full but I dont have enough files and programs installed. I have 512GB storage and I dont know why it is showing full. I check on my explorer and I dont see anything. Where I can find this file or program consuming my storage. I run disk clean up no changes...
  3. C drive is in full even no apps or files saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive is in full even no apps or files saved: My C drive almost full but I dont have enough files and programs installed. I have 512GB storage and I dont know why it is showing full. I check on my explorer and I dont see anything. Where I can find this file or program consuming my storage. I run disk clean up no changes...
  4. C drive is in full even no apps or files saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. full C: drive

full C: drive: My C: drive is full. Can I move the contents of AppData or any other file to my data disks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-c-drive/09ea4039-f0e4-496d-9ac9-aade4b8ded66
  6. File History states that backup drive is Full

File History states that backup drive is Full: I have been using File History for some time now. It is set to keep files, until space is required. In the past, it has deleted old file versions and backed up the new one. After the latest update to Windows, it now only produces an error that the destination drive is...
  7. C Drive Full and SD Card Corrupting Files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C Drive Full and SD Card Corrupting Files: Hey, hope this is in the right place. So my C drive is literally full. No space whatsoever. I've attempted multiple times to clean it out, deleting folders, using software to clean out junk files, everything. I cannot delete anything in the C drive because it's system...
  8. "Your File History Drive Full", when it shouldn't be full at all

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    "Your File History Drive Full", when it shouldn't be full at all: I can't seem to back up. I have a Western Digital External 8Tb drive, trying to back up 3Tb of data. The WD backup drive is a single partition NTFS. I tried the WD backup software that came with the drive. When the drive was completely empty and new, the WD backup software...
  9. File History drive full??!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File History drive full??!!: Hello, hope somebody clever can help. I've connected to a 2TB external drive to backup my laptop and I'm getting a message saying that the file history drive is full, but I've used up less than 1TB and the initial backup hasn't finished. What can I do? Thanks 40702
  10. Full Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Full Drive: Hi there, I recently tried installing a program on my Pavilion dv7 (Windows 10 Home 64bit), and during the beginning of the installation I got the error "You do not have enough free space to install this program. Please free some space and try again." The drive I normally...