Windows 10: Drive H: reserved for system nearly full

Discus and support Drive H: reserved for system nearly full in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello On my system, I got a drive ("H:") that is reserved for the system. My system is install on the "C:" drive What is it use for? I think I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by arjfca, Nov 5, 2016.

1. arjfca Win User

Drive H: reserved for system nearly full

Hello

On my system, I got a drive ("H:") that is reserved for the system. My system is install on the "C:" drive
    What is it use for? I think I installed it few years ago, but can't remember why
    Could it cause my PC to reload?
    Any info appreciated
    Martin

:)

arjfca, Nov 5, 2016
  2. Davidp8 Win User

System Reseved (FDrive H: reserved for system nearly full :)

I get message "System Reserved (FDrive H: reserved for system nearly full :)" nearly full.

How to delete files? no files shown in folder.

Drive size 99.9kb 98kb used.

David

Davidp8, Nov 5, 2016
  3. There is a drive saying "system reserved" that wasn't on my computer before

That's your system's boot-up partition, it uses a negligible amount of space (nearly nothing, for example you have a a drive with 232.88 GB, and the system reserved is using only 0.36 GB (which is only 0.001% of your drive space, nearly nothing).

But it is absolutely required and your system will stop working if you try to modify it.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Nov 5, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

If it's the system partition, it typically contains your boot information for starting the computer. It doesn't typically get assigned a drive letter. You can press [Windows key + x] select "Disk Management". If you see the H drive with the label "system partition" then that is all it is. Assuming the partition is on your main disk (Disk 0) you can remove the drive letter as follows
    • Open an elevated command prompt
    • Type diskpart
    • Type list disk
    • Identify which disk the system partition is on (you can do this from disk management)
    • Select the disk withselect disk #
    • Now list the partitions with list vol
    • Look for the one with System under the info column
    • Select it with select vol #
    • Now remove the drive letter with ​remove letter=H

Neemobeer, Nov 5, 2016
  5. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Nothing to worry about. That partition won't fill up any more than it is now.
    You should remove the drive letter assigned to it in disk management. It should not have a drive letter assigned to it as it is a hidden system partition containing the system's boot files.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Drive H: reserved for system nearly full - Similar Threads - Drive reserved system

2. C drive nearly full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive nearly full: In This PC>Devices and Drives, the C drive is showing as nearly full 18.4GB free of 449GB and the bar is red instead of blue. Need I take any remedial action, and if so how?...
  3. C drive nearly full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive nearly full: In This PC>Devices and Drives, the C drive is showing as nearly full 18.4GB free of 449GB and the bar is red instead of blue. Need I take any remedial action, and if so how?...
  4. C drive nearly full

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. System Reserved Drive D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Reserved Drive D: I am just wondering what the system reserved drive is. I googled it, and it shouldn't be showing up, let alone have a letter assigned to it. When I open it, its completely empty and it says it is System Reserved D: Will this drive cause any problems and why is it even showing...
  6. System Reserved Drive D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Reserved Drive D: I am just wondering what the system reserved drive is. I googled it, and it shouldn't be showing up, let alone have a letter assigned to it. When I open it, its completely empty and it says it is System Reserved D: Will this drive cause any problems and why is it even showing...
  7. one drive nearly full

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    one drive nearly full: my one drive is nearly full apparently what do i need to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-nearly-full/ce975513-cdde-4409-97ce-77a0af704ca6
  8. System Reserved Partition Full

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Reserved Partition Full: I am trying to get Windows 10 from Windows 7. Microsoft says you need 15MB free in your system reserved, I only have 9.50MB free so I am using instructions here:...
  9. Recovery Drive near full due to "preload"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Drive near full due to "preload": I have noticed that my recovery drive is near full, 15gb and it has about 400mb left. I don't know much about computers as much as I want to so I have no clue what to do about this. All other files arent taking up space unlike "preload" 13gb of a 15gb drive. What can I do...
  10. Recurring message that E drive is nearly full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recurring message that E drive is nearly full: I keep getting messages that I have low disk space, and that my E drive is nearly full, and to click to see if I can free up space. When I check the E drive out, it says that the folder is empty, and there are 0 bytes to free up. I think the E drive is a partition where my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Drive H: reserved for system nearly full- Windows 10