Windows 10: drive icon

Discus and support drive icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ok, prepare for the long story. I wanted to download and install kali linux, to see how it looks like. I downloaded the ISO file and used UNetbooting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BalkanBoy1, Aug 21, 2018.

1. drive icon

Ok, prepare for the long story. I wanted to download and install kali linux, to see how it looks like. I downloaded the ISO file and used UNetbooting to boot up to it without any setup. However, it fragmented my c drive where windows is at, and i had two OS-s on the same partition, to which linux renamed it to "Run Debian GNU/Linux (Cdrive icon :) and changed the icon. I was torchering myself to try and rename it, while i was searching on google all files that i thought were from kali linux OS, and hoping i didn't delete the wrong one. I managed to rename the partition to Local Disk again from autorun.inf, and now all that i need is change the icon of the c partition. I've tried regedit with DriveIcons, adding a c key and defaulticon set without a value, but after restarting i just got an .exe icon, to which i think is a problem finding the default system partition. Can someone help me to change the system partition icon back to normal? Thanks. It just bothers me like this.

:)

BalkanBoy1, Aug 21, 2018
  2. little cat, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    one drive icons not appearing on Notification area

Hi Mohd,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if Notification setting for One Drive Is turned on. Follow the steps below.

• Click on Start button and Select Settings.
    • Select System and Click on Notification and Actions.
    • Click on Select which icon to appear on taskbar.
    • Turn on the notification for One Drive.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, Aug 21, 2018
  4. drive icon

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

drive icon

1. drive icon - Similar Threads - drive icon

2. why does my windows 11 laptop have a unlock icon next to the system drive after doing a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my windows 11 laptop have a unlock icon next to the system drive after doing a...: why does my windows 11 laptop have a unlock icon next to the system drive after doing a clean install?I signed into the PC using my Microsoft account during the install. The specs are: Ryzen 7 5800H, 8GB RAM, RTX 3050Ti, 512GB SSD.Also, I am not having any problems. I am just...
  3. why does my windows 11 laptop have a unlock icon next to the system drive after doing a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does my windows 11 laptop have a unlock icon next to the system drive after doing a...: why does my windows 11 laptop have a unlock icon next to the system drive after doing a clean install?I signed into the PC using my Microsoft account during the install. The specs are: Ryzen 7 5800H, 8GB RAM, RTX 3050Ti, 512GB SSD.Also, I am not having any problems. I am just...
  4. ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE...: ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE FROM MY LIFE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-is-full-it-deleted-my-desktop-icons-i/434a60bc-551a-4fb0-8202-20e7c4900d85
  5. ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE...

ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE...: ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE FROM MY LIFE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-is-full-it-deleted-my-desktop-icons-i/434a60bc-551a-4fb0-8202-20e7c4900d85
  6. Wrong usb pen drive icon in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong usb pen drive icon in file explorer: hi, I see the wrong pen drive icon, like that of an exe file. the problem only appears in the file explorer, because in the disk management I see the right icon....
  7. Wrong usb pen drive icon in file explorer

Wrong usb pen drive icon in file explorer: hi, I see the wrong pen drive icon, like that of an exe file. the problem only appears in the file explorer, because in the disk management I see the right icon....
  8. The One drive company icon and related shared folders does not appear any more see screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The One drive company icon and related shared folders does not appear any more see screenshot: I remember that I could see company one drive on the leftsee screen. Is there any advice to make it reappear not in the quick access menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-one-drive-company-icon-and-related-shared/6b73fcab-3ee4-4a3f-addb-296181f488c3
  9. The One drive company icon and related shared folders does not appear any more see screenshot

The One drive company icon and related shared folders does not appear any more see screenshot: I remember that I could see company one drive on the leftsee screen. Is there any advice to make it reappear not in the quick access menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-one-drive-company-icon-and-related-shared/6b73fcab-3ee4-4a3f-addb-296181f488c3
  10. The One drive company icon and related share folders does not apper any more see screenshot

The One drive company icon and related share folders does not apper any more see screenshot: I remember that I could see company one drive on the leftsee screen. Is there any advice to make it reappear not in the quick access menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-one-drive-company-icon-and-related-share/6b73fcab-3ee4-4a3f-addb-296181f488c3