Windows 10: Drive Imaging software for Win 10?

Discus and support Drive Imaging software for Win 10? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've used Acronis True image for years on both XP and Win 7 without any problems. I don't keep TI installed on the systems, I install, Make the BOOT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by edwar, Sep 11, 2015.

1. edwar Win User

Drive Imaging software for Win 10?

I've used Acronis True image for years on both XP and Win 7 without any problems. I don't keep TI installed on the systems, I install, Make the BOOT media and run all backups, Images, from booting from the rescue media. Usually loaded into a MustangPE 2 system accesses from YUMI MultiBoot USB stick. I have currently TI 2011, 2012 and 2013 all loaded on the same USB stick. Problem is the notebook I just got, Lenovo Yoga 3 14, boots and load YUMI then boots all the TI versions in a MustangPE 2 environment but won't see the external drive I have connected to the other USB port using a AC powered USB 3 drive adapter. It seems both USB port on this Yoga are USB 3 as they are both blue colored(even though the specs state 1 USB 3 port and 1 USB 2 port) (this Yoga was built 7/27/15 so it seems they have updated the USB ports without updating the specs). Could it be the USB 3 adapter the system isn't seeing? I have a USB 2 adapter both I haven't tried it yet.

Has anyone used the newer versions of TI, Ti 2015 and or Ti 2016, with Windows 10 and has anyone used Ti 2013 with Win 10.

:)

edwar, Sep 11, 2015

2. win 10 and system image

I've "cleaned" several WD drives using WD software, Data LifeGuard. Used Win 10 software also: sfc, dskpart, and chkdsk. I've tried using Win10 imaging software. It won't even create an image. I use the Acronis True Image from WD and am able to
    successfully create clones of the original hard drive. It looks as if the Acronis would create image drives too, but the image created will not work in recovery. I have successfully created a recovery drive on a USB stick. Computer boots up on stick and
    looks as if the external hard drive with image will launch into recovery mode. Computer then says it cannot "see" the image. I get two errors messages followed with these codes: 0x807800c5 and 0x80780081. Thanks for your interest.

JamesWasilchen, Sep 11, 2015
  3. slance310 Win User
    How can in reinstall Win10 after the change of hardware (Hard Disk)

Hi,

You can reinstall Win 10 directly without installing Win 8.1 first, but you will lose any programs that were preinstalled... Some may be available from the computer's manufacturer to reinstall... here is the link to create a Win 10 Flash Drive or download
    a ISO for a DVD...
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

This will be of the most recent Creators Update... You will need to run a tool that downloads\installs from the website..

The only way to maintain your settings would be to create an image of your current HDD to a external drive, and then reload it onto the new one...

Saving the image to the Cloud would most likely not work due to possibly being unable to access it when needed..

Windows 10 can create an image, but the drive must be the same size or larger...

You would need either a Windows Recovery CD or bootable installation media to reload the image.

Another option would be a bootable 3rd party imaging\cloning tool... I believe Macrium Reflect has a free version...

slance310, Sep 11, 2015
  4. DoItJust Win User

Yes, I'm on TI 2016 19.0.25518. The one I had earlier could only handle MBR disks

DoItJust, Sep 11, 2015
  5. Snakeyes Win User
    I have been using Acronis 2013 with Windows 10 for several months. I have restored my system three times in that time period. Acronis is installed and runs on schedule, but I also periodically make copies using the USB boot (Linux) version as insurance. My paranoia is driven by the fact that my system is heavily overclocked and I'm constantly messing with my operating system.

Snakeyes, Sep 11, 2015
  6. edwar Win User
    Thanks Snakeyes. Now all I have to do is get my external drive seen by the TI boot. I'll try a USB 2 adapter.

Also I love your signature.

edwar, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Drive Imaging software for Win 10? - Similar Threads - Drive Imaging software

2. Mirror Image Win 10 to other Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mirror Image Win 10 to other Drive: HelloI have 2 M.2 SSD in my laptopOne 512GB Two 1TB512GB is the C:\ bootI want to boot and run Windows of the 1TB because it’s nearly twice as fast read as the 512GBBest way to mirror image my 512GB to the 1TB please?Does Windows backup mirror image or does it just create a...
  3. Recommended imaging software for Windows 10?

Recommended imaging software for Windows 10?: I want to move Windows 10 from a small NVME drive to a larger one. This is on an ASUS laptop so I can't do a generic Windows installation. Anyone have suggestions on imaging application or methods to accomplish the above with minimum fuss? freeware or shareware? Note: laptop...
  4. Software to search images with images on Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software to search images with images on Windows?: Google Images lets users search for images online using images, by sending them from the PC to its page. They call it reverse image search, and I found this on the forum here: Reverse Image Search from desktop ? ( Productivity ) Solved - Windows 10 Forums. This adds an...
  5. Software profiles in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Software profiles in Win 10?: Hi there, Does anyone know of a way of configuring Windows 10 with separate profiles, each able to load separate software installs? The reason I'm asking, having invested in some pretty expensive and professional-level audio recording gear, I've set up a Win10 installation...
  6. Backup Software - Win 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup Software - Win 10: Hi, I have been using a Seagate Free Agent Desk external HD (1TB) for the purpose of backing up my computer especially files, photos, email etc. However Win 10 made the external HD non compatible and Seagate is not offering any new firmware to make is work. I lieu of...
  7. Logitech Software & Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech Software & Win 10: Whilst doing some work, my mouse suddenly 'failed', cursor frozen nothing in mouse. After plugging in another mouse, I checked device manager and found that Win 10 had installed it as an Hid complaint mouse. So I went to logitech, downloaded smart installer (win 10), it would...
  8. Printer Software & Win 10

Printer Software & Win 10: I spoke to Hewlett Packard UK this morning and asked them if my particular printer model would work under Win 10, and were they ready for the change. They asked my what OS I was using, so I said 8.1 home on my pc, and 8.1 pro on my laptop, all up to date. They replied...
  9. Can not boot unless USB drive with win 10 image is in.

Can not boot unless USB drive with win 10 image is in.: Hi! I can not boot in uefi mode or with secure boot on, I can only use CSM mode. Also when I try to boot without usb drive(which has win 10 on it) in computer it just shuts down and then turn on back and give me error that all boot options have been tried press f4 etc........
  10. Hard Drive Image Software

Hard Drive Image Software: Being the Belt & Suspenders type of guy, I thought I would burn an image of my "C" Drive before I plunge into this upgrade. Can anyone recommend a good Image Burner Software that won't cost a fortune ? Does anything exist in Windows 8.1 that I might use ? Thanks,...