Windows 10: Drive indexing slow?

Discus and support Drive indexing slow? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; If I click on This PC it takes 15 minutes before it will show me my drives. It didn't do this when I had an install over a jumbled win 7. Now I did a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Zillauu, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Zillauu Win User

Drive indexing slow?

If I click on This PC it takes 15 minutes before it will show me my drives. It didn't do this when I had an install over a jumbled win 7. Now I did a complete fresh install of 7 and cleared all my drives and then upgraded. Now that I started to load things it seems like it is taking forever to read my drives. One is an OCZ SSD and one is a brand new 3TB Seagate drive.

:)

Zillauu, Aug 6, 2015
  2. RockFoxx Win User

Windows 10 indexing selects wrong drive

Update: I went into Device Manager and disabled the D: drive. Now I was able to setup the indexing the way I wanted it. I rebuilt the index from the C: drive and everything if fine ....... Until I re-enable the D: drive. Then without touching the index
    options it suddenly goes back to indexing the D: drive and ignoring the C: drive. Blah!!!!!

RockFoxx, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Dalmango Win User
    Search Not Indexing Optical Drive

Currently Windows 10 Pro is not indexing some files in my D Drive.

I have checked that the D Drive is being indexed. I have already:

• Rebuilt the index under the Advanced Options;
    • Restarted the computer after adding the D Drive and Rebuilding the Index;
    • Checked that File Types of Folders are not being excluded in Advanced Settings;
    • Changed Index Properties to Index Properties & File Contents in Advanced Options and reindexed again;
    Still many files are not showing from the D Drive.

Can anyone help me with this?

Dalmango, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Drive indexing slow?

1. Drive indexing slow? - Similar Threads - Drive indexing slow

2. Indexing does not index boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing does not index boot drive: I have a boot drive and a backup drive cloned from the boot drive for emergencies. Indexing only finds the backup drive, which is overwritten by the clone program's boot drive backup weekly. If I modify indexing settings to index only the C boot drive, the backup H drive is...
  3. Indexing does not index boot drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing does not index boot drive: I have a boot drive and a backup drive cloned from the boot drive for emergencies. Indexing only finds the backup drive, which is overwritten by the clone program's boot drive backup weekly. If I modify indexing settings to index only the C boot drive, the backup H drive is...
  4. Indexing does not index boot drive

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. windows 10 slow indexing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 slow indexing: I.ve had a number of different platforms with the same issue with Indexing in windows 10 and with outlook. I’ve read at similar post like this recommending the usual repair process.scan HDDsfc /scannowscanpstrebuild indexTrouble shooterusually this will resolve most issues,...
  6. windows 10 slow indexing

windows 10 slow indexing: I.ve had a number of different platforms with the same issue with Indexing in windows 10 and with outlook. I’ve read at similar post like this recommending the usual repair process.scan HDDsfc /scannowscanpstrebuild indexTrouble shooterusually this will resolve most issues,...
  7. Network drive suddenly slow to access/index

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network drive suddenly slow to access/index: I have an external drive NAT, but not using that feature with a mapped drive letter on my Win10 computer. Both are directly connected to our home router by ethernet cable. I have not changed anything that I know of, but as of a few weeks ago, getting directory listings or...
  8. Network drive suddenly slow to access/index

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network drive suddenly slow to access/index: I have an external drive NAT, but not using that feature with a mapped drive letter on my Win10 computer. Both are directly connected to our home router by ethernet cable. I have not changed anything that I know of, but as of a few weeks ago, getting directory listings or...
  9. Network drive suddenly slow to access/index

10. indexing is super slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    indexing is super slow: File explorer and inserting pictures in any windows program is SUPER SLOW [Moderator note: moved from Office] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/indexing-is-super-slow/f0ab28e8-39c2-4a6b-83e8-588ab55eac72