Windows 10: Drive mapping oddity.....

Discus and support Drive mapping oddity..... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Never had any problems mapping folders to drives on my home network. Bought my wife a new Lenovo laptop to replace an old one. Vendor had created a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteveCampbell134, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Drive mapping oddity.....

• Never had any problems mapping folders to drives on my home network.
    • Bought my wife a new Lenovo laptop to replace an old one.
    • Vendor had created a "default" user, so I created one in her name, forename & surname.
    • Found that I couldn't map the desktop or any other folder and nothing I tried worked.
    • However, I tried mapping the "default" account and it mapped really easily.

Anyone got any ideas why folders on the named account can't be mapped?

Thanks.

(All PCs running Windows 10 Home 64 bit, fully updated.)

Steve

:)

SteveCampbell134, Aug 26, 2018
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Drive mapping oddity..... [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Aug 26, 2018
  3. rhegde Win User
    Suggestions for Maps/Drive

Some more suggestions

- When you set a destination in drive, you should be able to set an address which is existing in the contact list

- You should be able to view all step by step navigations. right now you are not able to see complete direction steps.

rhegde, Aug 26, 2018
  4. CraigS Win User

Drive mapping oddity.....

Work Mapped drives not working at home.

Hello All.

I have a user at work that has a laptop as her main work use (docking station at work, then takes it home to work at home).
    we have a list of mapped network drives that we use here, including a personal drive.

however when this user gets home or off the network, the personal drive seems to become inactive/go missing.

there are no USB drives that interfere with the network drives, and i am lost looking for solutions.

any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

CraigS, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

Drive mapping oddity.....

1. Drive mapping oddity..... - Similar Threads - Drive mapping oddity

2. mapping a drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mapping a drive: Hello, I need to map a drive for a public computer, The account on this computer does not have access to the drive. however, whoever uses the computer and double click the drive icon must enter their credentials every time. Thank you...
  3. mapping a drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mapping a drive: Hello, I need to map a drive for a public computer, The account on this computer does not have access to the drive. however, whoever uses the computer and double click the drive icon must enter their credentials every time. Thank you...
  4. mapping a drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network oddities

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network oddities: I hope you can help, I've been trying to figure this out and i'm scratching my head.We get intermittent connectivity issues with the client PCs connecting to the server i.e. randomly they will lose the connection to the network drives.In the DHCP settings it was originally...
  6. Mapped Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mapped Drive: Hi! I am trying to connect my Primary Windows 10 PC to my other Windows 10 PC. Windows is throwing this error when I try to connect to the primary PC. I've tried the primary username the secondary user name and added a separate user on the primary with another Outlook...
  7. mapping/mapped drives

mapping/mapped drives: I have a Windows 10 Pro fully updated computer that has three folders on a second drive not the boot drive. I created three usernames/passwords on this computer and gave rights to each user for each folder. When I go to any one of the computers 8-10 on the network workgroup I...
  8. mapping drives

mapping drives: a mapped fileon a nas does not appear in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapping-drives/3a64c372-5ac3-48ff-a979-859635f00820"
  9. Mapped Drive

Mapped Drive: Hello, I have two mapped network drives, one is 1 tb, the other is 10tb. The issue is that when I go into This PC in the file explorer, windows shows that they have 87.7mb free of 92.9mb. This is true for all drives mapped, no matter the size or what is on them. This...
  10. map drive

map drive: Desktop win 10 updates all done. My dlink DIR880L router has two WD usb drives attached. I need to map these drives. On file explorer- This PC the router shows but not the drives. A double click on the router gives me four folders, one is browse folders that will open to...