Windows 10: Drive partition is missing

Discus and support Drive partition is missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So here is my issue I had Windows 10 installed on my Asus which I had Upgraded from Windows 8. However lately my computer was running slow and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lgsoccer14, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Drive partition is missing

So here is my issue I had Windows 10 installed on my Asus which I had Upgraded from Windows 8. However lately my computer was running slow and unresponsive at times. I figured I would do a Factory Reset and start new on it to try and fix these issues I was having. However when I while in the process of Reseting my Laptop the reset had failed. Now when I turn my laptop on it just sits at the black screen with the Asus Logo. I have tried many solutions to this such as hitting delete prompt and resetting my start up settings. As well has holding F9 on start up and trying to initiate the reset again however it says a drive partition is missing.

:)

Lgsoccer14, Dec 10, 2015
  2. Sharief K Win User

Hard Drive Partition is missing following upgrade to Windows 10

Hi Josh,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the software and check if it helps.

As you have already contact the Seagate support team, let them come up with their suggestions to fix the issue.

Please get back to us once you receive a response from them.

Sharief K, Dec 10, 2015
  3. Hard Drive Partition is missing following upgrade to Windows 10

Like many others I am experiencing the issue of my HD partition disappeared or returning to an unallocated state following the upgrade to Windows 10.

I am using a Seagate 4TB Solid State Hybrid. Before the upgrade I had utilized the Seagate DiscWizard to create a usable partition so that I could utilize space beyond 2TB. Following the upgrade to Windows 10, the partition had returned to an unallocated
    state - I was able to correct this issue using the same software as before, but the recovered partition has again returned to an unallocated state and further attempts to use the Seagate DiscWizard software are producing the following:

An error occurred while working with Extended Capacity disk driver. (0x1800009)

Tag = 0x62BCB8011D1B46B6

{1} (0x17F000F)

Tag = 0x7ABC87484B91F3EF

A device attached to the system is not functioning (0xFFF0)

code = 8007001F)

Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB8C3

I have also submitted a support ticket to Seagate as well as here to try and find a solution to this issue. I have attempted to find solutions in similar post but have been unsuccessful. Below are screen shots of exactly what I am looking at.
    Drive partition is missing [​IMG]

JoshGarrison, Dec 10, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Drive partition is missing

Sounds like you will have to do a clean install from a USB or DVD.

NavyLCDR, Dec 10, 2015
  5. AndreyT Win User
    When you talk about "Factory Reset" what exactly do you mean? Are you referring to Windows 10 "Reset" features? Or are you referring to your laptop's built-in hardware capability to reset itself to "factory" state from hidden partition or restore media?

AndreyT, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Drive partition is missing

1. Drive partition is missing - Similar Threads - Drive partition missing

2. Partitions are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partitions are missing: New Asus laptop. Had Win11 installed. 256G SSD from manufacturer. Also 1T SSD installed by Amazon reseller. ! month in and laptop starts freezing up, then the BSOD. Programs closing on their own, more BSOD. Sent to Asus. Because Amazon reseller installed what Asus said was...
  3. Partitions are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partitions are missing: New Asus laptop. Had Win11 installed. 256G SSD from manufacturer. Also 1T SSD installed by Amazon reseller. ! month in and laptop starts freezing up, then the BSOD. Programs closing on their own, more BSOD. Sent to Asus. Because Amazon reseller installed what Asus said was...
  4. Missing c drive after using partition tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing c drive after using partition tool: My c drive is full only had it at 17gb and wanted to reallocate space. Used a free portion tool and after the split and restart my windows drive is not found. Used a usb boot stick to no avail and now I’m in the command prompt trying to remember 35 years ago when I knew some...
  5. Hard drive partitions missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive partitions missing: Hello, My HP Laptop was originally a 1TB Laptop with three partitions C,D and E and these partitions were I guess made by the retailer who sold me the laptop not really sure if he made the partitions or they were originally there, after few months of usage I started to...
  6. Missing drive and missing partitions

Missing drive and missing partitions: I have 2 SATA Hard Drives in my system, Drive 0 is partitioned into C:, D:, E:, F: G: , Drive 1 is H; The system has been running for about 2 years in that configuration until two days ago it didn't want to boot, it took about 40 minutes to boot up and all my drives and...
  7. Missing Hard Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Hard Drive Partition: I have Windows 10 Home Edition on my ROG GL504GM. And I was playing a game and it freezes my system for some reason and I had to do a hard reboot. The next thing my laptop starts, my Drive D partition is missing. I tried to do a troubleshooting and it couldn't find anything....
  8. missing suddenly external hard drive partition

missing suddenly external hard drive partition: MY EXTERNAL Hard Driver suddenly missed it's partition and windows show it in disk managment but it can't initia [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH] lized it to perpair a partition also external hard...
  9. missing partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    missing partition: Hello everyone I have two partitions on my hard drive. The C:\ drive and a D:\ drive which is used primarily for data. After a recent Windows 10 update, the D drive has disappeared. It now shows in Disk Management as Disk 1, partition 5., a healthy OEM drive. It shows...
  10. Windows 10 partition/drive missing after merging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 partition/drive missing after merging: During merging 2 drives my laptop took a force restart. Then after merging the drives with easeus My drives are not showing in My computer and also cannot access it through disk management. How to solve the problem? [img] 43656