Windows 10: Drive Storage Details

Discus and support Drive Storage Details in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have 2 backup drives in my setup and everything is running as expected except for the 2 backup drives, which report different usage and free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jl2509, Oct 28, 2017.

1. jl2509 Win User

Drive Storage Details

Hi,

I have 2 backup drives in my setup and everything is running as expected except for the 2 backup drives, which report different usage and free details.
    i.e. Drive D: Shows .97 TB free and Drive L shows 974 GB free (these are exact copies synced when data changes on Drive C:\Users\Username\Documents)

It is the (n)TB Vs the (n)GB free that is I am questioning. Not that really matters i'm sure, but its one of those quirky things that hits your eye.

any thoughts just to clarify?

thank you

:)

jl2509, Oct 28, 2017

2. Internet Usage Meter

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

In Windows 10, usage details will show you which are the applications consuming more data and storage settings will take your to the system settings, where you will see the storage details like drive details like free space for the drives.

If you want to clear those data from the usage details . You can't do it as of now.

Thank You.

Uttam Yadav, Oct 28, 2017
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    wINDOWS 10 Temporary Burn Folder always on C:

Hi,

Based on the details provided, it is possible that your PC storage is not set properly. kindly check on the
    Settings > System > Storage
    if all is set to your
    Drive E.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 28, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Drive Storage Details

With each drive attached, press the Win Key+X. Choose Disk Management. In the lower pane, what does it say about your drives now? On the left panel of the lower pane (ie) Disk 1, Disk 2 etc, it will list the total capacity size. On the Right side it will list the various partitions (drives) and their size. In the upper pane, each Drive will show their capacity, and their Free space and what percentage is free.

spunk, Oct 29, 2017
Thema:

Drive Storage Details

1. Drive Storage Details - Similar Threads - Drive Storage Details

2. Storage Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Drives: I have just changed my desktop . I have two SSD hard drives C: where the programs are stored and D: for all my files, when I transferred the files from the old computer the folders for Documents, Pictures, Music, Video, Desktop and Downloads were on the C: drive after a while...
  3. Storage Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Drives: I have just changed my desktop . I have two SSD hard drives C: where the programs are stored and D: for all my files, when I transferred the files from the old computer the folders for Documents, Pictures, Music, Video, Desktop and Downloads were on the C: drive after a while...
  4. Changing Storage Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Storage Drive: I'm thinking about changing from an HDD to an SSD, and I was wondering if I would just be able to copy all the data I have, operating system too, would that work, and if so would windows still be activated?...
  5. Disk Drive and storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Drive and storage: So I recently decided to try and convert my disks to basic which I did to one sadly deleting all my data because I don't know how to effectively back up data from a dynamic disk, but I was wondering how do I take unallocated space and put it from one disk to another?...
  6. STORAGE C DRIVE

STORAGE C DRIVE: Hi , My C Drive storage reduce after updating my pc it reduced by 3gb what can I do please tell I had tried both disk cleanup and optimisation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-c-drive/952cb595-87de-480a-8b1f-053c050b6d43
  7. Hard Drive Storage

Hard Drive Storage: I have a 500Gb Hard Drive, running Windows 10 Pro version 1909. My c drive is nearly full, I have checked every area on the pc and nothing adds up to the 486Gb I'm supposed to have available. I have gone to Settings > System > Storage - it shows that 401Gb is being taken up...
  8. one drive storage

one drive storage: My name is Wei Jia Su. I am trying to delete a folder within a folder, but cannot. can you help me? email me at *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-storage/498dd536-ccf2-44ab-b1a9-2d84a4301de5"
  9. Fake Storage Drives

Fake Storage Drives: [ATTACH] The local disks XYZ are not real disks but a duplicate of some folders from local disk C. How do i remove the local disks XYZ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fake-storage-drives/47c7ab6f-3117-4878-8f67-78d11bcbaaf6"
  10. Recovery Storage and C Drive Storage

Recovery Storage and C Drive Storage: Hello- I have a computer with 1TB on it for storage but yet everything goes to recovery and my c Drive is almost empty????? HELP!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-storage-and-c-drive-storage/1839d27f-7ca9-45b1-b2c4-cfc8aab92efe"