Windows 10: Driver Backup in Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Driver Backup in Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How to take a backup of drivers in Windows10 Pro . If there are third party softwares please advise which is the best? Thanks Ashok Ashok 30468 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ashok Kumar Bag, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Driver Backup in Windows 10 Pro

How to take a backup of drivers in Windows10 Pro . If there are third party softwares please advise which is the best?
    Thanks
    Ashok

Ashok

:)

Ashok Kumar Bag, Nov 17, 2015
  2. Leo_DO Win User

Seagate Backup Plus 4TB drive with Windows 10 stopped working

I have a Dell XPS (L502X) laptop with Windows 10 Pro. (Previously running Windows 7 Ultimate) Approximately 24 hours after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro my Seagate Backup Plus Desktop drive has stopped working. When the drive is connected it causes Windows
    Explorer to freeze. Looking at the device driver in Device Manager it shows a default Microsoft driver from 2006 is installed. How to update this device driver? When I run troubleshooter Windows says this is the recommended driver.

Leo_DO, Nov 17, 2015
  3. B. Parker Win User
    Upgrading MS Basic Display Driver

Anyone else have a suggestion on how I could make a backup of my old Video Driver, install Win 10 Pro and then reload the old driver??

B. Parker, Nov 17, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

Driver Backup in Windows 10 Pro

I personally do not recommend third party driver software.

Have you downloaded the drivers you need or did they come pre-installed?

swarfega, Nov 17, 2015
  5. topgundcp Win User
    OPTION 1:
    Download Driver 4.1 Backup Download . Unzip and run to backup all current drivers in your PC to a folder of your choice and later on you can restore from it, saving the trouble of having to re-install every single driver.

OPTION 2:
    Use Windows built in DISM command. Open Admin Command Prompt. Copy and paste the lines below and run. It will save all the drivers to a folder: C:\Drivers
    md c:\Drivers
    Dism /Online /Export-Driver /Destination:C:\Drivers
    @echo Done

topgundcp, Nov 17, 2015
  6. Kyhi Win User
    Copy CodeBox into a notepad txt file and Save As > GetDrivers.cmd
    then just run the cmd as admin

Script will export either On-Line or Off-Line Windows system drivers

Code: @echo off title EXPORT SYSTEM DRIVERS color 17 ECHO. ECHO =============================================================================== ECHO. ECHO. (A) EXPORT CURRENT WINDOWS INSTALLATION DRIVERS ECHO. ECHO. (B) EXPORT OFF-LINE WINDOWS INSTALLATION DRIVERS ECHO. ECHO. (X) EXIT THIS GET-DRIVERS PROGRAM ECHO. ECHO =============================================================================== choice /c ABX /n /m "PLEASE ENTER YOUR SELECTION" IF %ERRORLEVEL%==1 GOTO :CURRENT IF %ERRORLEVEL%==2 GOTO :OFFLINE IF %ERRORLEVEL%==3 GOTO :QUIT :CURRENT echo. echo =============================================================================== echo. EXPORTING CURRENT WINDOWS SYSTEM DRIVERS echo =============================================================================== md "%~dp0DRIVERS" Dism /online /Export-Driver /Destination:"%~dp0drivers" goto :end :OFFLINE echo. echo =============================================================================== echo. YOU HAVE CHOOSEN TO EXPORT DRIVERS FROM AN OFF-LINE WINDOWS INSTALLATION echo. set /p path="PLEASE ENTER THE DRIVE LETTER FOR THE OFFLINE INSTALLATION: " echo =============================================================================== echo. EXPORTING OFF-LINE WINDOWS SYSTEM DRIVERS echo =============================================================================== md "%~dp0DRIVERS" Dism /Image:%path%:\ /Export-Driver /Destination:"%~dp0drivers" goto :end :END echo =============================================================================== echo. THE SYSTEM DRIVERS HAVE BEEN EXPORTED echo =============================================================================== pause goto :quit :QUIT exit /b[/quote]

7. Snakeyes Win User
    Appreciate it. Exactly what I was looking for.

Snakeyes, Nov 17, 2015
  8. Driver Backup in Windows 10 Pro

They are preinstalled. They get installed with the OS.

9. Thanks Topgundcp. I will give it a try.

10. [/quote] Thanks Mr Kyhi. I will do as per your advice. I shall revert if not succeeded.

11. I have successfully backed up my drivers. Thanks a lot.
    BTW how do I restore them in case if I require to do so.

ashok

12. I have successfully backed up my drivers. Thanks a lot.

13. nickciat Win User

I'm using drivermax for backup all driver. It work ok!

nickciat, Nov 18, 2015
  14. Thanks for info

Ashok Kumar Bag, Nov 18, 2015
  15. Elushize Win User
    Hello. i exported my drivers using this code in the text box. Please how do i restore them after formatting and reloading my Windows

[/quote]

Elushize, Sep 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Driver Backup in Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Driver Backup Pro

2. Backup Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup Driver: I have an issue after I did a re-install of windows and now when I try to do a safe ejection, I get the message that the driver is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device and try again. Kenneth...
  3. Backup Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup Driver: I have an issue after I did a re-install of windows and now when I try to do a safe ejection, I get the message that the driver is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device and try again. Kenneth...
  4. Windows 10 pro backup error 0x81000033

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pro backup error 0x81000033: Back Up Fails - error code 0x81000033 - please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-backup-error-0x81000033/56131e2c-e137-4ec1-a1c9-36bf7a681aa5
  5. Backup and Restore Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and Restore Windows 10 Pro: I have had 4 laptops with Windows 10 for many years and 3 USB hard drives, which I connect to any laptop when needed, that I have used for backups and I use windows 7 image backups. I have restored the image files many, many times from all my laptops with no problems until...
  6. Windows 10 Pro backup error

Windows 10 Pro backup error: I'm trying to do a full backup of both internal drives in my Windows 10 Pro laptop - C: is an SSD and D: is a standard drive. When I try to use "Backup and Restore Windows 7" I receive the following error message after the backup progresses to 97% completion: "The APPX...
  7. windows 10 pro backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 pro backup: so i just got a windows key for windows 10 home but i'm currently using the free version of windows 10 pro. is there any way for me to change the windows version? if not and i have to reinstall windows, is there a way for me to transfer my data onto windows 10 home?...
  8. Windows 10 Pro - Backup with error 0x8007042D

Windows 10 Pro - Backup with error 0x8007042D: Hi, I can't perform the backup to a shared network folder. The backup stops after a while with the error code 0x8007042D. Any help is appreciated. Best Regards. NC...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Backup fails

Windows 10 Pro Backup fails: I am trying to backup my desktop image OS 10 pro to my NAS drive. When I click on the "Back up now" button, the backup progress indicator goes upto halfway thru after that it fails and displays the following message "Windows Backup failed to get an exclusive lock on the EFI...
  10. Windows 10 pro backup

Windows 10 pro backup: I just purchased a new Dell desktop with Windows 10 pro installed on the computer. I have two questions (1) I have read that the first thing I should do is to make a clean copy of Windows when I first turn on the computer. How is this done? (2) Also, I have read that...