Windows 10: Driver backup tool for windows(desktop) 7/8/10

Discus and support Driver backup tool for windows(desktop) 7/8/10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, A handy tool, made by me, to view device/driver info and backup "installed" drivers. When use this tool before formatting, drivers can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tacoban, Mar 20, 2016.

1. tacoban Win User

Driver backup tool for windows(desktop) 7/8/10

Hi,

A handy tool, made by me, to view device/driver info and backup "installed" drivers.
    When use this tool before formatting, drivers can be reused after fresh windows installation.
    This tool is for Windows 7/8/10 desktop versions.

http://www..eu/drivermanager

Driver backup tool for windows(desktop) 7/8/10 [​IMG]

:)

tacoban, Mar 20, 2016
  2. spbyrne Win User

Windows 10 Backup/Restore

No, the backup was made with the Windows 10 Backup tool (32bit) not Windows 7 or 8. Also when I use that tool it only allows me to select from a network drive; not the USB stick that the backup is on.

spbyrne, Mar 20, 2016
  3. How do I get windows 10 to make automatic image backups on a 2nd windows 10 system (over the network)

With windows 7 pro on my laptop and windows 7 home on a desktop, I was able to set up automatic (weekly) backups (including a system image backup) from the laptop to the desktop.

I now have a windows 10 laptop (upgraded from oem windows 8 pro) and a brand new windows 10 desktop (retail windows 10 clean install). Both systems are in the same homegroup. I log in to both with my microsoft account.

How do I get the laptop to automatically create an image backup and store it on disks attached to the windows 10 desktop?

I've tried setting up "windows 7 backup" on the laptop, however it seems to want a windows 7 style login on the target network storage.

Both the laptop and the new desktop have a microsoft login (my e-mail address not just a simple login name).

I have not found a way to create an old style login on the new windows 10 desktop.

The new windows 10 file history is not sufficient backup. Please don't just point me to that.

StevenValentine408, Mar 20, 2016
  4. tacoban Win User

Any feedback is welcome from those who has downloaded and/or used it.

tacoban, Apr 4, 2016
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    This command built into Windows works fine.

Create a folder on your flash drive or any internal or external drive: Drivers
    Open Admin command prompt and run: Dism /Online /Export-Driver /Destination:X:\Drivers
    Replace X with the drive letter of your drive.

OldMike65, Apr 4, 2016
  6. tacoban Win User
    Thanks for your reply;
    A lot of actions can be taken by command prompt, like copying files, removing folder etc. It's about knowing and preferring the GUI or command prompt. Keep in mind it's a non profit intended tool wich also can try to recognize devices that windows reports as "unknown device".
    And yes, I know there are lot's of tools which are doing about the same, even more.
    Why; Portable(no installation), No ad's and/or other annoying and unwanted (hidden) things by the user. Just doing what it is intended to do.

Thanks *Smile

tacoban, Apr 4, 2016
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    OldMike65, Apr 4, 2016
  8. tacoban Win User

As I wrote, there are a lot of similar, and...it's about preferring what, which and how u want. Just offering, some can like or dislike. however thanks *Smile

tacoban, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Driver backup tool for windows(desktop) 7/8/10 - Similar Threads - Driver backup tool

2. Windows 7 backup with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 backup with Windows 10: I am running Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. I have Windows 7 backup configured to run every Monday at 7:00 PM. Unless the computer is active at 7:00 PM on a Monday, the backup is skipped and scheduled for the following Monday. The laptop is configured to sleep when the cover is...
  3. Windows 7 backup with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 backup with Windows 10: I am running Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. I have Windows 7 backup configured to run every Monday at 7:00 PM. Unless the computer is active at 7:00 PM on a Monday, the backup is skipped and scheduled for the following Monday. The laptop is configured to sleep when the cover is...
  4. Windows 7 backup with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows 8 backup help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 8 backup help: Evening all,I need some help with a Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD7500BPVT hard drive. I created a back up with what I think was windows 8 to an external hard drive which created 3 files called sources, EFI and reagent. I then done a fresh install and gave it to my nephew to...
  6. Windows 10, 8, or 7

Windows 10, 8, or 7: Can Windows 10, 8, or 7 be installed on a MacBook Pro laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-8-or-7/1b2b0ef2-d4e9-494a-afda-ab7773e1ea39
  7. Windows 10 backup tool not working.

Windows 10 backup tool not working.: In Windows 10 Backup Options, when I select "Back up now," the screen says, "Backing up your data"; but the tool stops after 20 seconds and states, "Last backup 8/3/2019 10:20 AM." The current date is 2/28/2020. When I check my backup drive, which has 275 GB of free space,...
  8. backup Windows 10 using windows 7 backup.

backup Windows 10 using windows 7 backup.: When I make an incremental backup in windows 7 after a successful complete backup, windows 7 backup always tell mein red that my backup is incomplete. So, I always have to reformat my external drive and redo a new full backup each time I backup. What's the problem?...
  9. Windows 7 Backup On Windows 10

Windows 7 Backup On Windows 10: Windows 7 had a super and simple backup system. Windows 10 also worked with this. For a time. Now it does not and there does not appear to be a simple system to replace what Windows 7 had. I would appreciate anybody who is aware of how to simply back up my PC sharing this...
  10. 7-8-10

7-8-10: I see many posts of issues with upgrades. I just wanted to share that its not all bad news with respect to 10 upgrades. I cleaned up my windows 8 install a big, removed some software I no longer used, and upgraded my 8.1 to 10 with no issues. Also like to note this is my...