Windows 10: Driver BSOD Sometimes Occuring

Discus and support Driver BSOD Sometimes Occuring in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey Everyone, I am getting some driver blue screens occurring and i can see in device manager that there is "Unknown USB Device (Device descriptor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mjb28, Oct 6, 2017.

1. mjb28 Win User

Driver BSOD Sometimes Occuring

Hey Everyone,

I am getting some driver blue screens occurring and i can see in device manager that there is "Unknown USB Device (Device descriptor request failed". The main 2 bsods im seeing are DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and IRQL...

Seems to happen just during regular use web browsing etc. Did notice when I went to the paypal login screen (oddly specific) it would bsod as well.

If you need any more info please let me know.

MATTS-PC-Sat_07_10_2017_120730_66.zip

:)

mjb28, Oct 6, 2017

2. Red screen crash/BSOD: Thread stuck in driver

Hi, I have a Lenovo Z50 IdeaPad with Windows 10. All the drivers are fully updated, and there are no viruses or malware on it. I've been having an issue with my computer completely crashing, sometimes with a solid red screen, sometimes with a BSOD (thread
    stuck in driver). It usually occurs when I'm trying to play games on Steam, but the BSOD has happened a couple of other times outside of Steam.

This issue is incredibly frustrating. Hoping someone can help.

ChaseBurns, Oct 6, 2017
  3. GoomanIQS Win User
    GoomanIQS, Oct 6, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello mjb28,

Your most recent BSOD shows a very similar problem to the one described in this thread.

Code: >[IRP_MJ_POWER(16), IRP_MN_SET_POWER(2)] 0 e1 ffffd20167bca040 00000000 fffff800983beed0-ffffd2016d49a340 Success Error Cancel pending Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\FocusriteUSB.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for FocusriteUSB.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for FocusriteUSB.sys \Driver\FocusriteUSB nt!PopRequestCompletion[/quote] You need to find an update for the FocusRite drivers.

There may well be other problems too but lets start with this one.

philc43, Oct 6, 2017
  5. mjb28 Win User
    Ok completely removed all traces of the drivers looks like when I updated there were multiple copies. So cleaned it all up.

Will test and see how I go.

mjb28, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Driver BSOD Sometimes Occuring - Similar Threads - Driver BSOD Sometimes

2. BSOD occuring frequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD occuring frequently: I have been hitting a BSOD with this machine very often. I have checked the drivers but can't figure out what the problem is. This occurs after a fresh install using a different hard drive as well. Can you help me figure out what may be causing this? I have uploaded the...
  3. BSOD's occurring regularly.

BSOD's occurring regularly.: For the last few weeks, I've had various different BSOD's occur. There are multiple different stop codes that i've gotten; PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA INVALID_WORK_QUEUE_ITEM SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION KERNAL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL...
  4. Random BSOD occurring

Random BSOD occurring: Hi I am facing random BSOD at random time. Some tine I one my pc and BSOD occurs and sometimes after opening an app. The most common BSOD I get is MEMORY_MANGEMENT. So I checked my RAM with Windows Memory diagnostic tool but it is saying that my RAM is good. So I have...
  5. BSOD Occuring

BSOD Occuring: Hi. I just built a brand new computer that appears to work fine until it will randomly crash my fortnite application, and sometimes will blue screen. I have an i7 9700k, 2070 super, and 2x8 gb of ram so 16 total. I have been trying to figure out what the issue is but I cant....
  6. BSOD occurs sporadically

BSOD occurs sporadically: Hello Everyone, I have been experiencing sporadic BSODs ever since I built my PC late last year and sometimes they stop for weeks, but then they pop up again. They occur during normal use, gaming, and even right after waking my PC from sleep or powering it on. The messages...
  7. BSOD occurring sometimes / HP ZBook 17G3

BSOD occurring sometimes / HP ZBook 17G3: Hi, My laptop is a workstation - HP ZBook 17G3. Recently I get BSOD usually. Information from mini dump file always: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+1aa0c0 I've done the following things: 1. Check disk error:...
  8. BSOD occurs randomly

BSOD occurs randomly: Hi, I have BSODs occuring randomly, sometimes 2-3 times a day, sometimes nothing for a week. The BSOD says MACHINE_CHECK_ERROR. I updated all the drivers to no avail. 63002
  9. Mystery of the "sometimes" driver (sometimes works, sometimes not)..?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mystery of the "sometimes" driver (sometimes works, sometimes not)..?: I have this old-ish Midi interface. The last driver was a windows 8 driver. So, I restart in unsigned driver mode and browse manually to the driver. I made alterations in the .INF file so Win10 would be happier. Win10 loads it up but complains. So a bit sad I do a normal...
  10. BSOD randomly occurs

BSOD randomly occurs: I have had the BSOD occurring randomly for the past several days. The computer will just shut down. 22402