Windows 10: Driver conflict between realtek devices?

Discus and support Driver conflict between realtek devices? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; PCIe x1 devices can work in x16 slots, do you have any unused ? Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CountMike, Apr 5, 2018.

1. CountMike New Member

Driver conflict between realtek devices?

PCIe x1 devices can work in x16 slots, do you have any unused ?

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Sonar637 Win User

I have recently bought an ASUS PCE-AC51 PCIe WiFi card which works completely fine, until rebooting a few times. Then the device either won't get detected anymore (disappears in device manager) or causes blue screens referring to the drivers, OR even cause it to give Error Code 12 in Device Manager (having "not enough free resources").

The funny thing is, the drivers from this card are from Realtek, but the onboard Ethernet drivers are also from Realtek. Could it be that there are driver conflicts between these 2? Because frankly in prebuilts I have always seen WiFi and Ethernet drivers to be from 2 different manufacturers (eg. Qualcomm Ethernet and Ralink WiFi)

So far, I have not tested the WiFi card in a motherboard with a non-Realtek Ethernet chip, but does all of this mean there is in fact a driver conflict because it's 2 times the same manufacturer, or is the card simply defective? Anyone else having similar issues?

PS: Updating BIOS didn't work and drivers are taken from manufacturer's websites.

Boards I'm talking about: AsRock A320M and eMachines ET1870, both having Realtek GBE Family controller as ethernet.

EDIT: I have another board with Qualcomm Atheros ethernet drivers, but I couldn't test the wifi card on there yet. If it works flawlessly it should prove my point, right?

:)

Sonar637, Apr 25, 2018
  3. Microphone does not work after upgrading to Windows 10.

My Desktop computer upgraded to windows 10 x 64, its Realtek Audio Microphone is not working. On the contrary, Logitech webcam C-110 has taken its place and its mic working in place of Realtek. I tried uninstalling and re-installing audio driver, upgrading
    drivers, but no avail. I understand that MS OS is giving precedence to webcam mic rather than Realtek audio and there is a conflict between Realtek Audio & Logitech Webcam. Does anyone knows how to get me out from this mess?

Original title: Desktop upgraded to windows 10 x 64 Microphone Not Responding

[Moved from Windows Insider]

Binu Joseph, Apr 25, 2018
  4. grschinon Win User

Conflict between Nokia and LG drivers????

The only solution is to install stuff for different brands of phone on different computers.

If you had several Nokias you'd be able to manage all of them within the same software package and there'd be no problem. However, different brands mean different pieces of software doing the same thing (namely OBEX file transfer, ACM modem and usb-storage)
    and trying to appropriate the same system resources. A conflict is inevitable,

grschinon, Apr 25, 2018
  5. Hi Sonar637

Can you go into BIOS and disable Lan Nic? Should eliminate drivers for Ethernet from being loaded.

Have you tried a different expansion slot?

Caledon Ken, Apr 25, 2018
  6. Since it causes BSODs, can you collect a log following the directions in BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums ?

Realtek makes a ton of different devices so having multiple Realtek drivers on your system isn't necessarily a problem - I personally have Realtek sound, card reader, and GbE on my system. Since the behavior is inconsistent I would lean towards there being a problem with the WiFi card hardware.

PolarNettles, Apr 25, 2018
  7. Sonar637 Win User
    There was only one single BSOD, referring to the WiFi drivers according to BlueScreenViewx64. All the rest was just the device not being detected or having the Resources errors.

I already knew the temporary workaround of disabling Ethernet device in BIOS or Device Manager, but that isn't a fix + it only worked temporarily, the errors occured afterwards again.

The boards also have Realtek Audio, but still, that is an audio driver, not for internet.

So far I believe it is either a conflict or a hardware defect, I've already issued an RMA request to ASUS, fingers crossed that might solve everything.

Sonar637, Apr 25, 2018
  8. Driver conflict between realtek devices?

Did you try other expansion slot?

9. Sonar637 Win User
    There is no other free pcie x1 expansion slot. There are only 2 and one of them is blocked by the GPU. But since the exact issue occurs on 2 different motherboards, I doubt it is related to the slot.

Sonar637, Apr 25, 2018
  10. Oh, I hadn't seen that you had tested on second board. Agree, RMA.

Thema:

1. Driver conflict between realtek devices? - Similar Threads - Driver conflict between

2. Conflict Between Display Driver and Audio Driver in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conflict Between Display Driver and Audio Driver in Windows 11: DEVICEDevice name LAPTOP-DE7LMPIH Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5500U with Radeon Graphics 2.10 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.33 GB usable Device ID 95A5E7FB-E890-42EF-ABBD-8D5C65E3010E Product ID 00356-24564-47652-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and...
  3. Conflict Between Display Driver and Audio Driver in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Conflict Between Display Driver and Audio Driver in Windows 11: DEVICEDevice name LAPTOP-DE7LMPIH Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5500U with Radeon Graphics 2.10 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.33 GB usable Device ID 95A5E7FB-E890-42EF-ABBD-8D5C65E3010E Product ID 00356-24564-47652-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and...
  4. Need help with conflict between Realtek Sound Driver and WIndows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with conflict between Realtek Sound Driver and WIndows 11: I have an Acer A515-56 with Windows 11. I'm having an issue with sound. I have all my volumes turned up to max but can barely hear almost everything. It's pretty frustrating. Even considering drilling holes into my 4 month old laptop if it can help me hear better.I read a few...
  5. Need help with conflict between Realtek Sound Driver and WIndows 11

Need help with conflict between Realtek Sound Driver and WIndows 11: I have an Acer A515-56 with Windows 11. I'm having an issue with sound. I have all my volumes turned up to max but can barely hear almost everything. It's pretty frustrating. Even considering drilling holes into my 4 month old laptop if it can help me hear better.I read a few...
  6. Conflicting driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conflicting driver updates: Since I upgraded to Windows 11, I experienced a constant flickering screen going black and back to normal several times per second. Luckily, I managed to fix this by installing a newer version of my Intel UHD Graphics Driver through the Intel Driver & Support...
  7. Conflicting driver updates

Conflicting driver updates: Since I upgraded to Windows 11, I experienced a constant flickering screen going black and back to normal several times per second. Luckily, I managed to fix this by installing a newer version of my Intel UHD Graphics Driver through the Intel Driver & Support...
  8. Realtek audio driver or device bug~

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek audio driver or device bug~: A couple months ago my audio was working fine but suddenly after updating my device my audio started having a weird problem. When I would try to listen to a video my audio would be normal then say "no audio output device is installed but then go back to normal. Is there...
  9. Realtek Audio driver automatically changes in between

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek Audio driver automatically changes in between: [ATTACH] Hi, So the problem is while I am browsing or watching videos my Realtek audio driver is acting crazy. Frequently the name changes from Speakers Realtek(R) Audio to Speakers 2-Realtek(R) Audio with a low break sound from speakers. And when I restart the system it...
  10. Realtek Audio device/drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio device/drivers: After a shut down or restart I have to go into device manager and uninstall the Realtek Audio device/drivers and reinstall them for my sound to work. Anyone know the cause and solution for this?...