Windows 10: Driver controls still a mess in Anniversary Update - gpedit ignored

Discus and support Driver controls still a mess in Anniversary Update - gpedit ignored in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'll reluctantly accept automatic Windows updates, but having it mess with drivers is unacceptable. I'm sick of having to use the Configure Automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Oubadah, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Oubadah Win User

Driver controls still a mess in Anniversary Update - gpedit ignored

I'll reluctantly accept automatic Windows updates, but having it mess with drivers is unacceptable. I'm sick of having to use the Configure Automatic Updates: Notify to download and notify to install setting + wushowhide tool just to prevent indiscriminate installation of drivers. So, I was exited to see the new "Do not include drivers with Windows Updates" gpedit setting.

However, "Do not include drivers with Windows Updates" doesn't even work properly. I installed windows and enabled the setting offline, rebooted, and waited for Windows to find updates. What do I see in the list? Intel IGP drivers. What is it with Microsoft and these useless broken settings? The Device Installation Settings Yes/No setting is the same. What is it even for, because it certainly doesn't reliably prevent drivers or manufacturer bloatware from being installed (like logitech download assistant). You still need SearchOrderConfig in the registry to prevent that instant on-connection bloat/driver installation, and then it inevitably shows up in Windows Update for a second try.

Driver controls still a mess in Anniversary Update - gpedit ignored [​IMG]

Driver controls still a mess in Anniversary Update - gpedit ignored [​IMG]

:)

Oubadah, Aug 14, 2016

2. CPU fan noise after Windows 10 install

So microsoft is not installing the correct drivers for our hardware. They should take notice, instead of ignoring this issue. The anniversary update didn't fix this.

Marc win10vragen, Aug 14, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary update produces this error: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 - Error 0x80248007

Not helpful because the system was looped and not able to break out of it by any means. None of the control break functions worked as keyboard input was ignored. By rebooting multiple times during the restart process I was finally able to regain control.
    I learned from the update log the system failed on several additional scheduled immediately prior to the anniversary update. By completing those updates the anniversary update completed. Without the proper prior updates the anniv updated looped.

MaineWoods, Aug 14, 2016
Thema:

Driver controls still a mess in Anniversary Update - gpedit ignored

1. Driver controls still a mess in Anniversary Update - gpedit ignored - Similar Threads - Driver controls still

2. disabling windows driver updates through gpedit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disabling windows driver updates through gpedit: is it okay to disable driver updates through group policy edit.Will there be any performance issues such as wifi problem in the future.i have third party paid antivirus installed on my windows 11 pro 23h2...
  3. disabling windows driver updates through gpedit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disabling windows driver updates through gpedit: is it okay to disable driver updates through group policy edit.Will there be any performance issues such as wifi problem in the future.i have third party paid antivirus installed on my windows 11 pro 23h2...
  4. Drivers update mess!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers update mess!: Recently I've reset factory windows10, now I'm trying to update drivers , got them from the laptop's manifacturer and I don't know where to start, what goes first? bios won't enable update option, either make flash or copy.why is this happening? how can I be sure drivers are...
  5. Drivers update mess!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers update mess!: Recently I've reset factory windows10, now I'm trying to update drivers , got them from the laptop's manifacturer and I don't know where to start, what goes first? bios won't enable update option, either make flash or copy.why is this happening? how can I be sure drivers are...
  6. Drivers update mess!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Anniversary update still not received

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary update still not received: I still haven't received the automatic Anniversary update. If I download the update from support.microsoft, it always stops around 70 % with the notification "page fault in nonpaged area", and system returns to version 1511. What can I do ? Because I can't install it, I'm...
  8. Still waiting for the Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Still waiting for the Anniversary update: Hi, After multiple unsuccessful attempts to install the Anniversary update (including from an ISO file), Windows Update has now stopped proposing this update. It continues to regularly update version 1511 (e.g. I got a Flash Player update yesterday) but nothing related to...
  9. Driver Compatibility with Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Compatibility with Anniversary Update?: I'm probably going to do a clean install of Anniversary Update soon. Since it introduces new driver-signing rules, will I have a problem installing these drivers with Secure Boot enabled? Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver (Dated: 12/12/2013)...
  10. Command prompt font messed up after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Command prompt font messed up after Anniversary Update: Hi, I have installed the Anniversary Update a couple days ago. Everything went fine and I faced no problem at all. However, my command prompt font was changed to SimSum-ExtB (the font which often found on Chinese product). I right-clicked on the title bar > Properties and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windowsupdate.log 0x80240061

2. 0x80240061