Windows 10: Driver / Device support

Discus and support Driver / Device support in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I upgraded from windows 7 ultimate to Windows 10 Pro all the drivers and connections seemed to have come across without problem. I use a Dell Axim... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 26dipp, Jul 15, 2016.

1. 26dipp Win User

Driver / Device support

When I upgraded from windows 7 ultimate to Windows 10 Pro all the drivers and connections seemed to have come across without problem. I use a Dell Axim x51v PPC. It was visible and accessible.
    Last week I could not access windows 10 anymore as a result of dual booting with windows 7 after it had "corrected" errors with chkdsk.
    I did a reset but kept my files. However since then the Dell Axim cradle does not appear in the device manager and I cannot access and synchronize it outlook.

I tried uninstalling whatever I could and unplugging, but all without luck.
    HOW do I get the Dell X51V back onto Windoze 10???

:)

26dipp, Jul 15, 2016
  2. Jessen P Win User

VIAHD and ASUS support device driver download automatically

Hi Ethan,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue resolved.

If your computer is having problems finding and installing operating system updates, try using the Windows Update Troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that your computer is connected to the Internet, and checks to see whether your network
    adapter and Windows Update services are running correctly.

Run the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

a: Press
    Windows logo to open the search box.

b: Type troubleshooting, hit enter.

c: Now click System and Security.

d: Now click Windows Update .

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Jul 15, 2016
  3. VIAHD and ASUS support device driver download automatically

These two drivers automatically download and overwrite the working drivers on my computer. My computer is an ASUS G75VW, and as far as I know, VIAHD has not made any drivers (source: their website) for any of their cards. Therefore, i don't know what this
    driver is, or why Windows insists on updating to it, but it quite simply put does not work. It believes the subwoofer built into my computer is a pair of headphones and therefore defaults to that as the output device. The speakers can be swapped to, but the
    sub being listed as headphones prevents it from swapping to headphones when an actual set is plugged in. Furthermore, there are no options for 5.1 surround or 2.1 Channel, and the subwoofer simply does not work when speakers are set as default device. VIA
    HD Vdeck fails to open with this driver as well. This driver is garbage and simply does not work.

Furthermore, the asus support device driver pretty much breaks the touchpad. Input movement is slow and no gestures work at all. Despite not having it installed, the computer believes the mouse is controlled by asus smart gestures, and all attempts to install
    the most recent version of smart gestures has also failed. The synaptics PS/2 port compatible touchpad driver works perfectly, the asus support device driver seems to do nothing.

I have gone to device installation settings, and checked "no, let me choose what to do" and "never install device drivers from windows update." I have also run the show or hide updates utility. Despite both of these things, Windows Update still tells me
    that these two updates are available, and tells me they will automatically update when I am not using my device.

I'm getting real sick of this. I like to have a computer that works, and not have garbage software forced on me.

EthanRutherford, Jul 15, 2016
Thema:

Driver / Device support

1. Driver / Device support - Similar Threads - Driver Device support

2. DRIVER SUPPORT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER SUPPORT: Is Driver Support included in Microsoft 365? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-support/351802d2-22db-4ec1-83cf-fe469242f2ad
  3. Driver Support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver Support: Driver Support I am still Paying for driver support but cant reinstallthe program i will cancell the card with your payment unless i and download the program with having to pay more more...
  4. My sound driver doesn't support it show that there is no comparable driver for this device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My sound driver doesn't support it show that there is no comparable driver for this device: My sound does not work properly it doesn't show in sound video and game it show other device in device manager and driver ask that 1. The drive for this device are not installed 2.there is no compatable driver for this device So how can i solve this problem my sound...
  5. Drivers Support

Drivers Support: How do I cancel my subscription for drivers support. I did not know I had signed up for this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drivers-support/1118525a-b3c5-4a22-bb3b-b1ee9396fc6c
  6. Driver Support

Driver Support: I receive a monthly billing on my account for Driver Support. Is this a normal Microsoft Charge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-support/86832ce1-cbc6-4e51-8d28-c9de8bb3cf48
  7. driver support

driver support: I keep getting pop-ups aksing if I want to install drivers. I'm not sure if I really need these or if I installed something by accident. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-support/6f3ff7ec-5e83-43ac-b1cd-ba3dfbbf1830
  8. driver support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    driver support: I accidentally downloaded Driver Support and now I can't get rid of it. I searched recent downloads, not there, searched in security, watched video on U-Tube several times and it doesn't show up anywhere. PC says it was downloaded, cant find it. They are going to charge me...
  9. Driver Support

Driver Support: C:\Program File (x86)\driver support\svc/install.log https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-support/cf875aa9-9f9e-407a-9f08-8c4f1ffa6cf9
  10. driver support

driver support: Do I need driver support for my surface pro Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-support/ff3d8d52-5d75-4f62-ae63-f59216faf28a