Windows 10: Driver for Floppy discs ?

Discus and support Driver for Floppy discs ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a hardware unit that connects to my PC via USB to allow it to read the old floppy discs. However, when inserted I receive a message that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cliff 45, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Cliff 45 Win User

Driver for Floppy discs ?

I have a hardware unit that connects to my PC via USB to allow it to read the old floppy discs.
    However, when inserted I receive a message that it cannot be read. Several of them are from
    an old Mavica camera and I would like to be able to see and/or copy them to a DVD.
    Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

:)

Cliff 45, Apr 28, 2017

2. Windows 10

I have just discovered a similar problem when I went to burn a cd. I haven't used the dvd/cd player since windows 7 before upgrading to 10. so I don't know the make of the player as it is built in.

I have tried the command prompt twice now and no change. I have tried the control panel and DVD-CD doesn't exist on the list. I do have drivers for floppy disc and floppy disc controllers even though there is no floppy disc.

HampshireHypnotherapy, Apr 28, 2017
  3. Windows 10 doesn't recognise my DVD burner

since installing windows 10 I'e been unable to use my DVD burner. it is showing up in My Computer as E: drive but when i check the properties it is the driver for a floppy disc drive (i don't have one of these connected to my PC!). Ive been into the bios
    and disabled the floppy disc but now it seems to be using a hard disc driver.

I have been into device manager and there isnt an 'unknown' device' but there also isnt a CD/DVD device listed.

Ive searched the web for a driver for my LG device to install manually but ive come up empty, LG say to use the windows driver and that it will install automatically!!

Any ideas?!

Gordon Fletcher, Apr 28, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Two issues, one is whether Device Manager 'sees' the drive [I use USB 3.5" floppy drives by Dell and LG] and if so then the issue may be the formatting of the disks and/or files. An example would be the floppies from the old word processors, a 'computerized' version of a typewriter, most used a different capacity disk than what Windows could use. Also, be sure to write-protect the disks before trying to read in Windows, some problems existed with Win7 and later that kept wanting to format the disks first.

Berton, Apr 28, 2017
Thema:

1. Driver for Floppy discs ? - Similar Threads - Driver Floppy discs

2. My floppy disc drive is not showing up on anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My floppy disc drive is not showing up on anything: So I have a Mitsumi model D359M3 from a Windows 98 computer, and it's plugged in to my motherboard with a floppy disc drive ribbon cable, but it's not showing up at all anywhere. How do I get it to show up and get drivers for it?...
  3. My floppy disc drive is not showing up on anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My floppy disc drive is not showing up on anything: So I have a Mitsumi model D359M3 from a Windows 98 computer, and it's plugged in to my motherboard with a floppy disc drive ribbon cable, but it's not showing up at all anywhere. How do I get it to show up and get drivers for it?...
  4. My floppy disc drive is not showing up on anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 3.5 FLOPPY DISC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3.5 FLOPPY DISC: I HAVE SEVERAL FLOPPY DISC THAT I CAN'T GET TO PLAY ON MY WINDOWS 10 COMPUTER. I HAVE A EXTERNAL DRIVE THAT I USE BUT THEY WILL NOT WORK ON IT NEITHER. I HAD A WINDOWS XP COMPUTER THAT THEY WORKED ON, BUT WHEN I MOVED IT GOT TOSSED. I AM TRYING TO PURCHASE ANOTHER XP COMPUTER...
  6. Reading old floppy discs on Windows 10

Reading old floppy discs on Windows 10: I found a box of old floppy discs from Seattle File Works SFW which contained photos from the 1990's. I bought USB floppy drive from Amazon to read the discs, but as I discovered from searching, the floppy disc data format has changed over time; most of my old SFW discs...
  7. Floppy disk drive driver

Floppy disk drive driver: I have a Sony external USB FDD identified by my Windows 10 control panel as MPF-MSRW1. Although my PC identifies it as present, the driver it has used does not seem to work. I have used Troubleshooter and Update Driver facilities but neither is able to determine a driver that...
  8. Disc driver not detecting disc

Disc driver not detecting disc: Hi there. I recently reset a pc that has been collecting dust for a few months. After setting everything up: internet, malware protection, etc. I have been trying to insert a game that is a disc, specifically Microsoft Flight Simulator X FSX and my computer does not know it...
  9. windows 10 floppy disc

windows 10 floppy disc: I am currently running Windows 7 Professional and a Floppy disc drive on a USB port. Can I still use the Floppy drive on the USB port if I upgrade to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-floppy-disc/7ea0482c-70b2-444e-877a-8e011df8868e
  10. Disc driver not reading discs

Disc driver not reading discs: I'm not sure if it's called a disc driver, the thing where you put discs in on the pc, but no discs are working when i put them there, usually when putting a disc in there afew seconds you see a little disc icon near the cursor, but when i put ANY disc no matter what it is,...