Windows 10: Driver for NVidia GeForce Go 7150M Card

Discus and support Driver for NVidia GeForce Go 7150M Card in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I went to the NVidia site, but all the drivers that show are for Linux. I tried searching for Windows, but none turned up. This is for an HP dv9700... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Wynona, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Wynona Win User

Driver for NVidia GeForce Go 7150M Card

I went to the NVidia site, but all the drivers that show are for Linux. I tried searching for Windows, but none turned up.

This is for an HP dv9700 laptop PC that's over five years old.

Anyone got an URL for the proper site?

:)

Wynona, Mar 6, 2015
  2. Dixie_99 Win User

Windows 10 Installation Problem

I did get my problem resolved, by speaking to an IT Technician at Staples. He recommend going to the NVIDIA Web site and downloading the Windows 7 driver for my
    NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M graphics card. I did this and the problem appears to be fixed.

Dixie99

Dixie_99, Mar 6, 2015
  3. Windows 10 compatibility Nvidia 7150M video chip

I have 8.1 installed, get the message from the Windows 10 upgrade incompatible because of the driver geforce 7150m. Cannot get any driver from NVIDIA, latest driver from HP is already on it.

StephenLisle, Mar 6, 2015
  4. Dude Win User
  5. Wynona Win User
  6. Mystere Win User
    Nvidia typically doesn't provide drivers for mobile embedded drivers. You have to get them from your vendor. This can get annoying when the vendor no longer supports it with newer OS's.

You may be able to find "modified" drivers where they have modified the .inf files to allow it to install on normally unsupported chipsets at LaptopVideo2Go: NVIDIA & Laptop News

Mystere, Mar 6, 2015
  7. Mystere Win User
    Mystere, Mar 6, 2015
  8. Wynona Win User

Yep and HP is the absolute worst; I just finished downloading from there but don't expect it to install since it's listed for Vista. Still, I'll give it a try.

Next step is what you've pointed out. Or maybe I should just go there first. *Smile

Thanks.

Wynona, Mar 6, 2015
  9. Wynona Win User
    Do I just download the first one in line? It seems I remember that NVidia drivers are kinda "all in one".

Wynona, Mar 6, 2015
  10. Mystere Win User
    Well, you can try.. but upon further review, I'm not seeing much help for the 7150M there either.

I did find some threads on the HP support forums for Windows 8, that may help. I wouldn't expect Windows 10 support right now.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Noteboo...1972183/page/2

Mystere, Mar 6, 2015
  11. Wynona Win User
    I have what I thought were two identical laptops. One belongs to my son-in-law and the other is a dead one.
    SIL had pulled off all the labels, so I went by what's on the other one. Bottom line is that they're not exactly alike; I looked on the bottom and one is a dv9810us and the live one is a dv9715nr. So at this point I'm not sure what the display adapter is except that it is NVidia and may or may not be the same on both.

I'm going to do some more research to be sure I don't throw out more invalid information when I'm asking for help. *Sad

Thanks.

Wynona, Mar 6, 2015
  12. Mystere Win User
    Well, according to this, it's still the 7150M

http://www.cnet.com/products/hp-pavi...gb-hdd-series/

They appear to be identical enough, just different memory and hard disk for the most part. Same CPU, same display, same motherboard, etc..

I don't think you're going to find a Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 driver for this. Unfortunately. You may be able to get the Windows 7 NVidia driver that supports the 7150M to work by enabling compatibility mode on the installer and selecting Windows 7, but this won't have a WDM 1.2 driver so you probably won't get full effects out of it.

Mystere, Mar 6, 2015
  13. Dude Win User

Okay, I pointed Wynona towards the drivers for her graphics chip. Yes, they are for older OSes. That is and older graphic adapter. To point the op to modified drivers on a beta OS is not good. Come on Mystere you pointed out the drivers are old, why go there?

14. Mystere Win User
    Because old drivers aren't going to work on Windows 10, at least not fully functional. Modified drivers generally just modify the inf to allow the drivers to install (they don't modify the actual code of the driver itself). But I don't think the most recent driver code even supports the 7150M, so I don't think it's possible to modify them installation to allow it.

The video subsystem in Windows changed quite drastically in Windows 8, and again in 10. Vista drivers certainly won't support this. Windows 7 drivers *might* work to some degree, but we really don't know.

Mystere, Mar 6, 2015
  15. Dude Win User
    Okay, I get that. Does the system not allow compatibility mode? I would think it does that is why I ask.

Thema:

1. Driver for NVidia GeForce Go 7150M Card - Similar Threads - Driver NVidia GeForce

2. NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver made screen go black.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver made screen go black.: I am running windows 11 and was given a notification that there was an NVIDIA driver update. I proceeded with the update and upon the installation finishing my screen went black and would not return to normal. I had to force shut down my computer and the issue was resolved....
  3. NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver made screen go black.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver made screen go black.: I am running windows 11 and was given a notification that there was an NVIDIA driver update. I proceeded with the update and upon the installation finishing my screen went black and would not return to normal. I had to force shut down my computer and the issue was resolved....
  4. Nvidia GeForce graphics card not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia GeForce graphics card not working: Please I need help with my Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card.My GPU is detected by my control panel, on my device manager etc, but each time I use it to run games, my GPU doesn't startupI have Changed the settings in control panel, and have tried all other forms of...
  5. Nvidia GeForce graphics card not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia GeForce graphics card not working: Please I need help with my Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card.My GPU is detected by my control panel, on my device manager etc, but each time I use it to run games, my GPU doesn't startupI have Changed the settings in control panel, and have tried all other forms of...
  6. Nvidia geforce 525m custom drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia geforce 525m custom drivers: Hey everyone, I just recently updated my old laptops OS from Win 7 to Win 10. Here are my specs: Laptop: Dell XPS L502X OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit(10.0, Build 19042.867) Memory: 8Gb I successfully managed to install custom drivers for my Intel HD Graphics 3000 from this...
  7. Alternative driver to Nvidia GeForce

Alternative driver to Nvidia GeForce: I have a Sony Vaio using a Nvidia GeForce 310M graphics driver. I run Windows 7. It is not compatible with Windows 10 and I can't upgrade. Sony are going to take forever to update the Windows 8 drivers so I'm not holding my breath for an early update on Windows 7 (if at...
  8. Laptop NVIDIA GeForce Card - Dedicated Memory

Laptop NVIDIA GeForce Card - Dedicated Memory: Anything in bold is copy pasted from information elsewhere. Laptop Acer Aspire v3-772g Windows 10 NIVIDIA GeForce GT 750m Systemrequirementslab.com sometimes spits at me that I have 3gb or 4gb dedicated video memory on my card, and sometimes 1gb. So I dediced to...
  9. GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M driver for Windows 10?

GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M driver for Windows 10?: Hi, I have an older HP Pavilion laptop with a Nvidia GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M graphics card. On the Nvidia pages I get the following message when trying to find Windows 10 drivers for this card: The manufacturer of this system requires that you download the...
  10. Nvidia Geforce 7150m / 630 drivers x64 needed pls

Nvidia Geforce 7150m / 630 drivers x64 needed pls: anyone have a good driver for this slightly older vista-era laptop? the machine is a HP DV9917CL. I have it running with the old HP vista 64 driver. it works pretty good but I get some flashes and blackouts on certain aero functions [haven't tried sans-aero yet]....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why doesnt my nvidia geforce go 7150m graphic card show on my windos 10 64 install?