Windows 10: Driver install failure

Discus and support Driver install failure in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to install the CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers on my windows 10 laptop for my ESP8266 ESP-12E NodeMCU (an arduino compatible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Glitchmaster, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Driver install failure

Hello, I am trying to install the CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers on my windows 10 laptop for my ESP8266 ESP-12E NodeMCU (an arduino compatible wifi module), but I am not having much luck. The module does not appear in the device manager when plugged in, but I have read that this is solved by installing the driver, which is on the webpage USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers | Silicon Labs. Whenever I try to install this driver, through the device manager or the installation application that I downloaded, I get this screen.
    Driver install failure [​IMG]

Driver install failure [​IMG]

I also got the same error previously when trying to install another driver, so I do not believe the driver is at fault. Any help is much appreciated, thanks

:)

Glitchmaster, Aug 12, 2017
  2. Raymond Ave, Aug 12, 2017
  3. Failure to install drivers

Open an elevated command prompt, type the following commands, and then press
    Enter.

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • sfc /scannow
    If the issue persists, we suggest you to install the latest driver. Here's how:

• Select the Start
       button, type Device Manager,
      and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
      Update Driver Software.
      For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters
      category, right click your graphics card and select Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.
    If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open
    Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Regards.

Raymond Ave, Aug 12, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Driver install failure

spunk, Aug 14, 2017
  5. I can, but I think that it is more of a problem with my computer because it is a recurring problem with multiple drivers from multiple companies

Glitchmaster, Aug 14, 2017
  6. eddman Win User
    eddman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Driver install failure

1. Driver install failure - Similar Threads - Driver install failure

2. Printer drivers installation failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer drivers installation failure: I have just received an error message 5001:0xfffec6b after downloading and attempting to install driver updates for a Brother printer. Download was made from their support website. Operating System is Windows 8.1 64bit The printer's drivers were uninstalled beforehand,as per...
  3. Printer drivers installation failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer drivers installation failure: I have just received an error message 5001:0xfffec6b after downloading and attempting to install driver updates for a Brother printer. Download was made from their support website. Operating System is Windows 8.1 64bit The printer's drivers were uninstalled beforehand,as per...
  4. Windows Update and Driver Installation Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update and Driver Installation Failure: My system seems to have ran into a serious problem, and this problem is quite complicated.About half a year ago, I start up my computer and found out that "Windows Update" service had disappeared.When I use "net start wuauserv" in cmd it just returns Invalid Service.I also...
  5. Windows Update and Driver Installation Failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update and Driver Installation Failure: My system seems to have ran into a serious problem, and this problem is quite complicated.About half a year ago, I start up my computer and found out that "Windows Update" service had disappeared.When I use "net start wuauserv" in cmd it just returns Invalid Service.I also...
  6. Driver installation failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver installation failure: Hi, I have an Arduino Nano that needs the CH341 driver to work properly. I have already installed the driver on my windows 10 laptop and everything looks fine but when I try to install it on my main PC I always get "Driver install failure!". I tried installing it with and...
  7. Driver installation failure

Driver installation failure: Hi, I have an Arduino Nano that needs the CH341 driver to work properly. I have already installed the driver on my windows 10 laptop and everything looks fine but when I try to install it on my main PC I always get "Driver install failure!". I tried installing it with and...
  8. Driver installation failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Audio driver installation failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio driver installation failure: I have problem in installation of realtek audio driver with error code: 0xe0000247 ,how to solve it PLEASE HELP ME! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-driver-installation-failure/d2383140-f812-4889-8448-8a22f619d232
  10. MSIX Tool - Driver installation failure

MSIX Tool - Driver installation failure: Hello, I have downloaded MSIX packaging tool from MS and installed on VM. When launching the tool, it says the driver installation failed. Hence, I have downloaded the required driver files from MS and tried to install on VM with the given commands using DISM. But it didn't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers Windows 10 1903