Windows 10: Driver installation after Reset PC

Discus and support Driver installation after Reset PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Do I need to reinstall my drivers after resetting my PC? 24618 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by poysanity, Sep 29, 2015.

1. poysanity Win User

Driver installation after Reset PC

Do I need to reinstall my drivers after resetting my PC?

:)

poysanity, Sep 29, 2015

2. KB3081424 clean install nvidia GTX 660 fails to install

I reset my PC again with remove files and now 353.62 is the nVidia driver that is installed after the reset.

Bob Hanson (MNBob), Sep 29, 2015
  3. Unable to install bluetooth driver after reseting my pc

Hi,

thanks for your support I just did simple steps.

that is it uninstalled bluetooth device driver from device manager and than I restarted my pc. now I have noe an option of enabling Bluetooth In setting. and I also connected Bluetooth devise successfully.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Asuthosh

Asuthosh CR, Sep 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello poysanity, *Smile

I'm afraid so. A reset is basically like a clean install.

Brink, Sep 29, 2015
  5. poysanity Win User
    Ok sir Thanks!

poysanity, Sep 29, 2015
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Dear Poysanity:
    Take some heart from my personal observation that Windows 10 is very good at recognizing and finding drivers on its own, during and after initial installation. So far, I have installed Win10 on a dozen different hardware platforms. The OS shows a better than 90 percent record overall in finding and supplying up-to-date drivers on its own without human intervention. The only drivers I've had to supply manually have been some related to the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI), a Serial-on-LAN driver related to MEI, and a Synaptics SMBus Driver related to Synaptics touchpads in my Dell Venue Pro 11, both of my Lenovo laptops (X220T and T520), and the Surface Pro 3. By and large, you will find that most drivers are handled quite well by the OS, with far less intervention and research/replacement required following OS install or reset, than with most other Windows desktop OSes (including XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1 in recent memory).
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Driver installation after Reset PC - Similar Threads - Driver installation Reset

2. Will resetting the PC restore pre-installed drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will resetting the PC restore pre-installed drivers.: I have installed a wrong driver and the gestures on my touchpad doesn't work. Now I wanted to know whether resetting the PC will restore the drivers that came pre-installed with Windows.I will be selecting the Keep personal files option. I don't want lose my filesOr tell me...
  3. Will resetting the PC restore pre-installed drivers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will resetting the PC restore pre-installed drivers.: I have installed a wrong driver and the gestures on my touchpad doesn't work. Now I wanted to know whether resetting the PC will restore the drivers that came pre-installed with Windows.I will be selecting the Keep personal files option. I don't want lose my filesOr tell me...
  4. Will resetting the PC restore pre-installed drivers.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Install mouse driver after resetting and cleaning the PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install mouse driver after resetting and cleaning the PC: Hello I am Harshvardhan Sinha I am having a problem after I resseted and my Windows 10 my mouse drivers are deleted My Keyboard is all fine but mouse drivers are missing i even checked the device manager There is no Mice or Other pointing deviceI am trying to use my Keybord...
  6. Install mouse driver after resetting and cleaning the PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install mouse driver after resetting and cleaning the PC: Hello I am Harshvardhan Sinha I am having a problem after I resseted and my Windows 10 my mouse drivers are deleted My Keyboard is all fine but mouse drivers are missing i even checked the device manager There is no Mice or Other pointing deviceI am trying to use my Keybord...
  7. Install mouse driver after resetting and cleaning the PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't install Nvidia driver after reset.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't install Nvidia driver after reset.: Hey guys, So i recently had to reformat my pc back to Base Windows 10. I've been trying to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 since my laptop doesn't have any of these installed anymore, but when I click the .exe nothing happens. At the same time, if I try to install an...
  9. Can't install Nvidia driver after reset.

Can't install Nvidia driver after reset.: Hey guys, So i recently had to reformat my pc back to Base Windows 10. I've been trying to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 since my laptop doesn't have any of these installed anymore, but when I click the .exe nothing happens. At the same time, if I try to install an...
  10. Find and install drivers after PC reset

Find and install drivers after PC reset: Hello. I just reseted my PC ( factory reset), and now i need to find drivers and utilitys i need for my motherboard, processor and other vital and usefull PC components. So far ive got the driver to my GPU, but struggeling to find other. ive been on intel`s download...