Windows 10: Driver IRLQ not Less or Equal - L1C63x64.sys

Discus and support Driver IRLQ not Less or Equal - L1C63x64.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A couple of times a week my computer will freeze and the audio goes go into a loop, followed by a BSOD showing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kryo, Sep 1, 2015.

1. kryo Win User

Driver IRLQ not Less or Equal - L1C63x64.sys

A couple of times a week my computer will freeze and the audio goes go into a loop, followed by a BSOD showing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blaming L1C63x64.sys (Atheros LAN). This generally happens when playing games, though I've had it once or twice while just watching a video. I've tried updating my LAN drivers but I'm having trouble finding any that are for Windows 10.

Crash logs are attached. The first one is from the [BETA] BSOD Inspector, and the second one (ending in 96.zip) is from the official dm_log_collector in the stickied thread in this forum section. Thanks.

:)

kryo, Sep 1, 2015
  2. CaBz Win User

Driver IRQL not less or equal L1C63x64.sys

Hey,

I had issues with a third-party software (and drivers) from Juniper. I remember I uninstalled and removed everything related to those drivers on my computer and it helped a lot.

But in the end, I still downgraded to Windows 7 (for other unrelated issues).

But thanks for the answe!

CaBz, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Driver IRQL not less or equal L1C63x64.sys

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your efforts towards resolving the issue. I will certainly help you with the issue that you are facing.

This issue arises due to a driver failure, conflict or incompatible driver on the system.

Try the following methods and diagnose this issue further.

Method 1: Safe Mode

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode:

1. Search for Settings from the taskbar and select it from the search results.

2. Select
    Update & security and click on Recovery.

3. Go to
    Advanced startup and select Restart now.

4. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
    Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.

5. After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with Networking by pressing the corresponding number.

If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode with Networking, then perform a Clean Boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as Clean Boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Step 2

Put the computer in Clean Boot and check if it helps.

By setting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a Clean Boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After Clean Boot troubleshooting step, refer to “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with Clean Boot” from the article.

Method 2: Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. It will scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows.
    To run the SFC scan, refer to the Microsoft article below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Method 3:

Update Drivers

Refer to the following article and update all the drivers available.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

If you are unable to find the drivers for Windows 10, you may try to
    install the drivers in compatibility mode with Windows 8.1.

Firstly download the driver from your computer's manufacturer website and then install it.

Refer (Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: This link also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Sahil Bali, Sep 1, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi kryo,

Welcome to the 10forums.

The LAN driver needs updating for now, try a driver that is as recent as possible.
    Code: 7: kd> lmvm L1C63x64start end module name fffff801`77480000 fffff801`774a2000 L1C63x64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: L1C63x64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\L1C63x64.sys Image name: L1C63x64.sys Timestamp: Mon Apr 01 05:15:17 2013 (5158FBC5) CheckSum: 000245C4 ImageSize: 00022000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] I've also seen another driver that is causing trouble, the Intel Graphics driver.
    It might need updating too.
    Code: 5: kd> lmvm igdkmd64start end module name fffff801`00000000 fffff801`0063d000 igdkmd64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: igdkmd64.sys Image path: igdkmd64.sys Image name: igdkmd64.sys Timestamp: Sat Jul 18 02:27:57 2015 (55A99D8D) CheckSum: 0061C20F ImageSize: 0063D000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please keep in mind, I wasn't able to read all of the dump files you provided so my analyse might not be complete. (It is most likely a problem from my side.)

Please fill in your system specsPlease go to this site and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

Driver IRLQ not Less or Equal - L1C63x64.sys [​IMG]

axe0, Sep 1, 2015
  5. kryo Win User
    Thanks, will look for some updated drivers and I've filled in my system specs

kryo, Sep 1, 2015
  6. kryo Win User
    Blue screen still happens. I have updated my intel graphics drivers, and still cannot find any newer better drivers for LAN (device is Qualcomm Atheros AR8171/8175). Attached a new zip file with updated driver info.

I am not sure if this is related, but I almost always get this BSoD while playing games, and this time I checked the CPU temp after rebooting and all the cores were 100C... My laptop (Lenovo y510p) suffers from terrible engineering and after a couple years of use the temperatures have really gotten quite bad. Although my processor does underclock itself if it detects that the temperature is too high, I think it's plausible that it's shutting down automatically because of heat.

Edit: I actually managed to find a LAN driver on a sketchy looking website but it seems to work ok. I will edit this post with a new zip file if the bluescreen happens again. However, after reading more online it seems likely to me that overheating is causing the BSoD.

kryo, Sep 4, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Please reset driver verifier

To reset driver verifier, open an admin command prompt and copy/paste "verifier /reset" (without quotes)

The cause is your LAN driver, please check for windows 10 compatible driver updates here

To test if your CPU has been damaged due to overheating

Diagnostic Test
    CPU TEST

Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

Warning Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

To get the temperature down
    • Replace the thermal paste on your CPU,
    • Clean the heatsink and the fans with compressed air.
    This might help with the temperature of the CPU. If you don't know how to replace the thermal paste, please let a professional do this to prevent any hardware damage.

axe0, Sep 4, 2015
  8. kryo Win User

I finally found a LAN driver here (atheros.cz gives a 404 for my device). I also updated my nvidia graphics driver. I have attached the latest DM Log.

I tried running prime95 but it would not raise my CPU temp above 90C. I think the issue with my laptop is that the CPU and GPU share the heatsink and fan, so the computer only overheats if they are both under heavy load. Therefore I downloaded FurMark and ran both the CPU and GPU stress tests included for 10-20 minutes, reaching a max temperature of 95C. At this point the stress test application crashed and I got a message from nvidia saying something about a "kernel error" and that the application needed to close. I am looking into getting the thermal paste renewed. Thank you for your help.

kryo, Sep 4, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Please upload a new zip file, the attached zip file is empty

axe0, Sep 4, 2015
  10. kryo Win User
    Very strange.... it sure took a long time to generate that empty zip file Driver IRLQ not Less or Equal - L1C63x64.sys :p

11. axe0 New Member
    The cause is the LAN driver, it still needs updating
    Please check Atheros or Qualcomm (scroll down for product support) for updates

Code: 2: kd> lmvm L1C63x64start end module name fffff800`d6dd0000 fffff800`d6df3000 L1C63x64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: L1C63x64.sys Image path: L1C63x64.sys Image name: L1C63x64.sys Timestamp: Tue Jul 16 08:56:31 2013 (51E4EE9F) CheckSum: 0002426B ImageSize: 00023000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

12. kryo Win User
    According to atheros.cz the latest drivers for my device are from 2013-08-09 [August '13], when I try to download them I get a 404 page: Drivers for Atheros AR8171 and Windows 8

The Qualcomm site does not have drivers.

13. axe0 New Member

Forgot that, sorry.

Check manufacturer of your mainboard for drivers.

14. kryo Win User
    Manufacturer site says latest LAN driver is from 10/16/2013 but I installed it and device manager says it's 2013-07-16.
    Attached latest DM Log.

15. axe0 New Member
    Please try a different working cable for the internet connection to test if it is the cable that causes trouble or the LAN port.

Thema:

1. Driver IRLQ not Less or Equal - L1C63x64.sys - Similar Threads - Driver IRLQ Less

2. BSOD Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal L1C63x64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal L1C63x64.sys: I am getting this error every time I try to open a browser window. I have seen others with the same question, and I have tried to resolve the issue using the steps listed on their questions. Those steps do jot work for me. Any help would be very welcome....
  3. Driver Irql Not Equal Or Less - Qcamain10x64.sys

Driver Irql Not Equal Or Less - Qcamain10x64.sys: For several months I've been intermittently receiving the blue screen of death with the stop code: "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and what failed as "Qcamain10x64.sys" I haven't installed any new drivers lately and much of what I've read online has been around uninstalling...
  4. Stop code: Driver IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL / What failed: L1C63x64.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop code: Driver IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL / What failed: L1C63x64.sys: I have been getting the "blue screen of death" for a few months now. It only seems to happen when I am on video calls over Zoom. Here is a link to the dump files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq-2kr212YARjkU1HESRGUTASEJC?e=A2nRRs What can I do to fix this?...
  5. Etd.sys Driver Irlq Not Less or Equal - Legion Y520

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Etd.sys Driver Irlq Not Less or Equal - Legion Y520: submitted by /u/Rockman98 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqyn4a/etdsys_driver_irlq_not_less_or_equal_legion_y520/
  6. Driver IRQL not Less or Equal - l1c63x64.sys

Driver IRQL not Less or Equal - l1c63x64.sys: So these BSODs have been bugging me for quite a while now. Sometimes they just appear completely at random. I just had a 2 month clean go, and then it came back 3 times in 2 days. At other times, they seem to link with windows update, which goes like this: I get a...
  7. BSOD L1C63x64.sys

BSOD L1C63x64.sys: Heya guys, this is my first post here *Smile. I just had like 3 or 4 BSODs in these last two days, never had any. I just updated my Atheros 8151 PCI-e driver from Network adapter->properties->update driver. I'm not sure if it is the cause, so I used the tool and attached...
  8. BSOD fault=Driver IRLQ not Less or Equal - L1C63x64.sys

BSOD fault=Driver IRLQ not Less or Equal - L1C63x64.sys: Have gotten a bunch of BSOD due to this problem last few days, cleared out minidump folder so there wouldn't be anything unrelated to this problem and used your program to capture the information to see what you guys could find that would help me. I seen a few others...
  9. BSOD L1C63x64.sys driver

BSOD L1C63x64.sys driver: Hi, I am getting BSODs and the error message it gives is: Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(L1C63x64.sys) I believe that is the Qualcomm Atheros Network driver, but mine is up to date to the last Windows8 compatible driver on the Atheros website. This leads me to believe...
  10. bsod - driver less or equal L1C63x64

bsod - driver less or equal L1C63x64: hi, im a complete luddite to be honest so need all the help possible... i play mostly one game, Hawken. I just upgraded from win7 pro to win10 pro. I used to get a different BSOD in win7 and only now and again. Now in 10 i get it 4/5/6 times a day, sometimes it just keeps...
Tags: