Windows 10: Driver IRQL Less or not equal BSOD

Discus and support Driver IRQL Less or not equal BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been getting this BSOD for quite some time now (a few months easy) and I've been slowly sorting through drivers and software trying to find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NeroKira, Aug 27, 2016.

1. NeroKira Win User

Driver IRQL Less or not equal BSOD

I've been getting this BSOD for quite some time now (a few months easy) and I've been slowly sorting through drivers and software trying to find the cause. All I can tell is that it seems to happen most of the time while I'm playing games (though I believe it has happened overnight when I left the pc on with no games up). The BSOD gives me no other information than the title, so I had nothing to go off until I finally found a way to read the minidump files. After googling the files I tried a complete reinstall of windows to repair the files in question as they're Windows OS ones, however I again was frustrated with another BSOD of the same type. Here's the minidump from this one, I've lost the others due to the reinstall:

Attachment 98508

Please help as this is really getting frustrating to be getting these BSOD's constantly at the most annoying times.

:)

NeroKira, Aug 27, 2016

2. Never ending cycle of multiple BSOD,hang ups, freezes,

Thanks for your help! Ia appreciate it!

I backed up the hdd.

Right now I am trying to get the clean install of Windows 10 put on the hdd but I keep getting the following BSOD messages:

Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal (storahci.sys)

Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal (storport.sys)

IRQL Not Less or Equal

Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

Kernel Security Check Failure

Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

After a BSOD the computer restarts.

Any suggestions?

GregWardTRI, Aug 27, 2016
  3. Multi Bsod On windows 10

Just got another bsod Driver irql not less or equal-tcps.sys

JamesSymens, Aug 27, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Bad driver, is why people get a BSOD. Use Who Crashed to find the bad driver and uninstall it. If it is a hardware device, make sure it is firmly connected and clean of any dust bunnies for the pin header.

bro67, Aug 27, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    The offending driver netio.sys appears to be a Windows system file. Have you tried running sfc /scannow to check/repair the system files? I've had the Driver IRQL Less or not equal BSOD error but this was due to a graphics driver problem.

You try an in place repair install if the obvious fixes don't work.

Steve C, Aug 27, 2016
  6. NeroKira Win User
    Yeah I'd noticed the windows file, that's when I stopped trying to fix drivers and work on that file instead. I've tried a scan and repair with windows, and when that failed I reinstalled windows completely and still got the error afterwards.

NeroKira, Aug 27, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
  8. axe0 New Member

As NETIO.sys is an indication towards the
    • network drivers,
    • AV programs,
    • network adapters,
    • VPN software,
    • etc.,
    we don't need to focus on fixing problems with Windows itself.

The obvious things to do would be to
    • update or reinstall the network drivers,
    • remove protection software temporary using appropriate uninstall tool,
    • remove USB network adapters,
    • uninstall or update VPN software,
    • etc.

NETIO.sys means that the crash was a networking crash, so we need to treat it like that *Smile

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Driver IRQL Less or not equal BSOD - Similar Threads - Driver IRQL Less

2. BSOD Driver irql not less or equal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Driver irql not less or equal: CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHzRAM 64.0GBx64 processorwindow 10 pro 19045.3693bug check code 0x000000d1caused by driver dxgkrnl.syscaused by address dxgkrnl.sys+d70e0processor x64crash address ntoskrnl.exe+3fd730BSOD keep occur when I use WSL for deep...
  3. BSOD Driver irql not less or equal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Driver irql not less or equal: CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHzRAM 64.0GBx64 processorwindow 10 pro 19045.3693bug check code 0x000000d1caused by driver dxgkrnl.syscaused by address dxgkrnl.sys+d70e0processor x64crash address ntoskrnl.exe+3fd730BSOD keep occur when I use WSL for deep...
  4. BSOD Driver irql not less or equal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSOD: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: Hello everyone, I had a problem earlier with a BSOD. I'm running Windows 10 64-bitCPU: AMD FX-6100GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 RAM: 8GB DDR3I have the .dmp files here:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjUybNVmDUiyiydHikz7SA93lW-1?e=aw2t7bThanks...
  6. BSOD: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

BSOD: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: Hello everyone, I had a problem earlier with a BSOD. I'm running Windows 10 64-bitCPU: AMD FX-6100GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 RAM: 8GB DDR3I have the .dmp files here:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjUybNVmDUiyiydHikz7SA93lW-1?e=aw2t7bThanks...
  7. BSOD Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal: My PC became unstable in the last 24 hours, and has given me three different BSODs. One is the 'Driver not less or equal', so I'm guessing a driver is causing this.Could someone take a look at these minidumps to see if they list a problematic driver?...
  8. BSOD Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal

BSOD Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal: My PC became unstable in the last 24 hours, and has given me three different BSODs. One is the 'Driver not less or equal', so I'm guessing a driver is causing this.Could someone take a look at these minidumps to see if they list a problematic driver?...
  9. driver irql not less or equal BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    driver irql not less or equal BSOD: Hi, I have recently bought a HP laptop 4-5 months ago and I came across multiple crashes already. All of these crashes involved a BSOD,the first one had the title: system thread exception not handled and I looked it up online and did manage to fix it. A couple weeks later, I...
  10. BSOD - Driver IRQL not less or equal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Driver IRQL not less or equal: This started happening after I updated windows to 2004. Occasionally I would get a BSOD, and it would happen at different times, so I don't know what I exactly did to cause it. The "stop code" was: 'DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL'. I've gotten this problem a week ago, but I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Stop code: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL What failed: nvlddmkm.sys 980 ti