Windows 10: Driver is causing Windows 10 Desktop to lose sleep

Discus and support Driver is causing Windows 10 Desktop to lose sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I ran a powercfg request, and it said a driver is causing the computer to lose sleep. Can someone help me with this issue? 14931 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jesse Williams, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Driver is causing Windows 10 Desktop to lose sleep

I ran a powercfg request, and it said a driver is causing the computer to lose sleep.

Can someone help me with this issue?

:)

Jesse Williams, Aug 9, 2015

2. Driver causing Windows 10 Desktop to lose sleep.

Thanks for the reply Sharath. It's fixed, and I hope it stays fixed. I had to install the Card Reader Driver, which I thought the latest version was already installed. Thanks for your assistance. I will post back if it happens again. Driver is causing Windows 10 Desktop to lose sleep :)

Jesse.Williams, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Driver causing Windows 10 Desktop to lose sleep.

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for providing detailed information about this issue.
    We understand the inconvenience that you're going through on your Windows Computer. Let me help you in fixing Windows 10.

Have you updated all the drivers in the Computer inclusive of Chipset? If not, I suggest that you do the same through
    Device Manager.

I would suggest you update the drivers from Device Manager and check if it helps. You may also download and install the latest drivers along with the Chipset Drivers, Firmware and BIOS updates for Windows 10 from Sony's website
    if available. If Windows 10 drivers aren't available, then we suggest you to download the Windows 7/8 drivers to install them in the compatibility mode. Refer to the following article for help to do the same:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Get back to us for further assistance regarding this issue.

Sharath Srinivasa, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Driver is causing Windows 10 Desktop to lose sleep

Can someone take a look at this for me, please? Maxie over at Seven Forums said that it has to do with the Chipset driver. I will post the screenshots.

5. Screenshots

Driver is causing Windows 10 Desktop to lose sleep [​IMG]

6. Well, it's fixed and I hope it stays fixed. When this computer was running Windows 8.1, it acted up like this as well. I had to install the Card Reader Driver, which I thought was already installed. *Smile

Jesse Williams, Aug 10, 2015
  7. My Windows 10 Home 64-bit Desktop PC is not sleeping again. It keeps saying that a driver is causing the issue.

Someone, please help!

Jesse Williams, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Driver is causing Windows 10 Desktop to lose sleep

1. Driver is causing Windows 10 Desktop to lose sleep - Similar Threads - Driver causing Desktop

2. Desktop regularly loses audio after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop regularly loses audio after waking from sleep: Hello,I find that, more often than not, my PC tends to lose audio when waking from sleep. When this happens, I go to accessibility settings, and enable then disable mono audio. This seems to "reset" the audio drivers, and everything returns back to normal.The PC is a desktop...
  3. Desktop regularly loses audio after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop regularly loses audio after waking from sleep: Hello,I find that, more often than not, my PC tends to lose audio when waking from sleep. When this happens, I go to accessibility settings, and enable then disable mono audio. This seems to "reset" the audio drivers, and everything returns back to normal.The PC is a desktop...
  4. Thermal driver causing continuous sleep problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thermal driver causing continuous sleep problems: Hey guys! So I recently installed windows and its drivers and my pc started going to sleep every couple of minutes. I tried everything from tweaking power and sleep options, CMD, regedit, clean boot etc. None of that worked but I finally found the reason. It was the "IntelR...
  5. Slowly Losing Driver Space on WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slowly Losing Driver Space on WINDOWS 10: Recently I've been slowly losing disc space on my WIN-10 C drive and I can't find a reason why. The last time I checked which was about 2 days ago, I had 38/237 GB, but now it's 17.4 and slowly going down 17.3, 17.2, 17.1, etc. I've tried removing apps/folders that are no...
  6. Slowly Losing Driver Space on WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Slowly Losing Driver Space on WINDOWS 10: Recently I've been slowly losing disc space on my WIN-10 C drive and I can't find a reason why. The last time I checked which was about 2 days ago, I had 38/237 GB, but now it's 17.4 and slowly going down 17.3, 17.2, 17.1, etc. I've tried removing apps/folders that are no...
  7. Windows losing time during sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows losing time during sleep: I'm at a loss with this one. Dell XPS 13 9350. Windows is up to date. Firmware is latest available (problem existed with earlier firmware as well). Tested BIOS battery good. The issue is that when the laptop sleeps, time just stops. When it is awakened, the time is exactly...
  8. Driver causing desktop to crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver causing desktop to crash: For the past week i have been playing a fun game. Before that i changed my ram because my brother offered the ram to me and i accepted. For a few days the game ran well. but a few days ago, it would freeze and crash to desktop. Now my computer will blue screen randomly and...
  9. Windows 10 desktop losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 desktop losing internet connection: Good morning, I have a HP desktop which connects to my router using a USB WiFi adaptor. Recently a problem has started occurring where the PC randomly loses internet connection, although the WiFi connection to the router remains intact. To get internet connection back I...
  10. Windows 10 Sleep causing restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Sleep causing restart: This was working up until this week. Now when I put my desktop into Sleep, it restarts and in the Event Viewer I see this "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power...