Windows 10: Driver Issue during Upgrade to 1607

Discus and support Driver Issue during Upgrade to 1607 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have windows 10 version 1511 which has run for a long time with no issues at all. Windows now continually (at least once a day) downloads the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeterAstle, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Driver Issue during Upgrade to 1607

I have windows 10 version 1511 which has run for a long time with no issues at all.
    Windows now continually (at least once a day) downloads the Anniversary Update but the installation always fails. I am unable to stop this. I checked "Defer Upgrades" but this does not stop this behaviour.
    I tried to perform the upgrade using the ISO method hoping this would effect a cure.
    This also fails with at least a small clue, namely:

Error Code:0xC1900101 - 0x30018Cause:A device driver has stopped responding to setup.exe during the upgrade process.

I don't know how to determine which driver is causing the issue.
    I checked every single device listed in Device Manger attempting to update drivers, but Windows says they are all up to date.

I am trying to avoid a clean install so any advice much appreciated.

:)

PeterAstle, Feb 26, 2017
  2. AMSingh Win User

ndis lwf driver binding removed during windows upgrade

Hi experts

We are facing a peculiar problem.

With UEFI BIOS and secure boot enabled

During Windows 10 upgrade to 1607 version

our ndis lwf driver bindings are getting removed.

--> what could be possible cause?

--> during upgrade the machine restarts multiple times,how can I debug the issue.

--> The current upgrade logs are of no help.Any idea which logs to enable in this case.

Any type of help is highly appreciable.

The problem is only reproduced if UEFI Bios and secure boot enabled.

I am not able to understand the relation of ndis lwf bindings and secure boot.

In any case the ndis lwf driver is WHQL signed.

Even a reinstall after upgrade works.

But removal of bindings during upgrade we are not able to find root cause.

AMSingh, Feb 26, 2017
  3. windows defender not working in windows 10 1703.

hi joydeep sir as i heard from many customers that upgrading from 1607 to 1703 many issues started to occur like bsod,driver issues,performance issues.so sir if i upgrade from 1607 to 1703 will i face any issues.

JoydeepSarkar685, Feb 26, 2017
  4. Driver Issue during Upgrade to 1607

Hi Peter.

I think you could go into your event viewer and it will likely give you more information about the "Event" and hopefully the driver version.

I'm big on safety so I would create an Image using the software of your choice or Macrium Reflect and their boot disc.

I would also create a restore point and have bootable media on hand, just in case.

I would then follow this tutorial.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 26, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Defer upgrades does what it says on the tin, you can delay features updates but not forever. Now that 1607 is the Current Branch for Business (CBB) the 'defer' time is over.

The preferred solution is to fix you upgrade problems, but until that's solved you can hide the update.
    Windows Updates - Hide or Show in Windows 10

You will have to solve the upgrade sooner or later. Once the Creators Update (1704?) reaches CBB all support for your 1511 will end, as is now happening for the original 10240 release.
    No more updates to original Win 10 version 1507/10240 after 26 March?

6. Hello Ken,

Thanks for your help.

"I think you could go into your event viewer and it will likely give you more information about the "Event" and hopefully the driver version."

I can find the event viewer, but please could you tell me where to look? I've never been there before!

Cheers,
    Peter

PeterAstle, Feb 26, 2017
  7. Hi Peter.

Type event viewer in Cortana search bar. It should be at top of list. Click once.

When Window opens expand Windows Logs upper left. It is likely a System Event but you may have to check other logs.

To search or what they call "Filter" see right hand side. Click on Filter current log. You will see a spot for event id.

To clear filter, back on right click Clear Filter.

Caledon Ken, Feb 26, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

Driver Issue during Upgrade to 1607

You can also output the log data to a txt file where it's easy to brose or search:
    In a Command Prompt, enter: wevtutil qe System /f:text > "eventlog.txt".

notepad eventlog.txt to look at it. Delete when done. I usually go to the bottom then search backward (Up radio button) on Event[ to walk through the events in reverse order.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Driver Issue during Upgrade to 1607

1. Driver Issue during Upgrade to 1607 - Similar Threads - Driver Issue during

2. Upgrading LTSB 1607 to LTSC 1809 any issues?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading LTSB 1607 to LTSC 1809 any issues?: I have a laptop currently running LTSB 1607 which I would like to upgrade to LTSC 1809. I wanted to ask if anyone here has done this before and is the process fairly straightforward and painless, or are there oddities, things breaking, settings reset, etc which often happens?...
  3. Upgrade path from 1607 14393

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade path from 1607 14393: An upgrade from 1607 14393.2214 to 1903 18999.1 fails without any error detail Do I need to upgrade in steps and if so what's the details? Should I be able to go from 1607 directly to 1903 in this manner? Any ideas? 142522
  4. Unable to upgrade from 1607

Unable to upgrade from 1607: Hi When I run Windows Update, Update tells, that my PC is updated, even if it runs 1607. (reason: I have not used my PC for quite som time, but now I want to use it again) I have run all processes on...
  5. Upgrade windows mobile 1607 to 1803

Upgrade windows mobile 1607 to 1803: Hello, I have microssoft lumia 535. It has os version 1607 and os build 10.0.14393.2551. I observed that I did not receive any update i November or yet in December. I want to ask if I will receive new updates or not? If not, then how can I upgrade 1607 to 1803?? Is there...
  6. Cannot upgrade from 1607

Cannot upgrade from 1607: I have been having problems updating my PC for about a year now. I didn't care about it too much in the past but I would really like to fix this problem as some programs seem to need the 1803 feature update. Right now pretty much every time I turn on my PC it says that I have...
  7. Issue with Windows 10 version 1607

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with Windows 10 version 1607: The option ‘show window side by side’ is not responding but it shows window stacked. I have Windows 10 version 1607. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/issue-with-windows-10-version-1607/e843b827-3494-43ef-9035-04d04e39c0c4
  8. Issue with color settings after upgrade to 1607

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with color settings after upgrade to 1607: I have a Dell XPS8700 w/ a GeForce GT 720 video card connected to a ViewSonic monitor. (I know. Not a great system, but it is what it is.) I just upgraded to version 1607 and I'm now having issues with display settings when the computer first boots. I don't know if this is a...
  9. BSOD during update to build 1607

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during update to build 1607: During installation i received a BSOD, first 2 restarts went fine, then another one at around 73% i think and BSOD something about system exception not handled. Scanned QR code, damn thing was of absolutely no help at all. Maybe you guys will be able to assist. *edit*...
  10. Really can't upgrade to 1607

Really can't upgrade to 1607: OK just got the upgrade automatically done this morning on my work VM machine (Win10 x64 pro). This machine has been running flawlessly since the first version of Win10 it had. Every update went smooth, except for this one. Tried Windows update method, installer get stuck...