Windows 10: Driver message after update: 'AMD Software has stopped working' - Why?

Discus and support Driver message after update: 'AMD Software has stopped working' - Why? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Since I've built my new computer I get the message 'AMD Software has stopped working', see below. This happens with the latest, previous and even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Tommygunn, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Tommygunn Win User

Driver message after update: 'AMD Software has stopped working' - Why?

Since I've built my new computer I get the message 'AMD Software has stopped working', see below.

This happens with the latest, previous and even older versions of the driver. It doesn't seem to have a noticeable impact on the actual installation but surely something is not right? Any ideas?

The update is for an XFX RX580 8GB Black Edition, Windows 10 64bit Home computer.

Tom.

Driver message after update: 'AMD Software has stopped working' - Why? [​IMG]

:)

Tommygunn, Dec 20, 2017
  2. lizziek Win User

Amd driver problem

I have updated from windows 7 to windows 10, seems ok except for amd driver. I keep getting a message amd driver stopped working but has recovered. Is there a fix for this?

lizziek, Dec 20, 2017
  3. AlBoydZK Win User
    error message on window 10

message in action center says display driver amd has stopped working and has recovered

AlBoydZK, Dec 20, 2017
  4. Driver message after update: 'AMD Software has stopped working' - Why?

download the latest driver from AMD - it's 17.12.2

run DDU to remove the current driver and clean registry entries..
    - you can find the latest version of DDU here:
    Guru3D.com

- it's a bit fussy, but is OK if you follow instructions carefully..

- then re-install 17.12.2 driver from AMD's site..

PS I find ReLive a bit cranky, so I usually skip installing that..

BugMeister, Dec 20, 2017
  5. Tommygunn Win User
    Tommygunn, Dec 21, 2017
  6. Tommygunn Win User
    Ok sorted. I did both the utilities and then loaded up 17.12.2 and it worked fine. I didn't get the 'stopped working' message and it took me to the AMD website saying that all is well.

However, now I'm getting random 2-5 second black screens while playing BFBC2 whereas before I was getting a hard crash after some amount of time, see here: Why does BFBC2 hard crash on my new system? - Windows 10 Forums

Cheers,
    Tom.

Tommygunn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Driver message after update: 'AMD Software has stopped working' - Why?

1. Driver message after update: 'AMD Software has stopped working' - Why? - Similar Threads - Driver message update

2. AMD Software Failed to Launch Because Windows Update Has Replaced the AMD Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD Software Failed to Launch Because Windows Update Has Replaced the AMD Graphics Driver: Hi there, today I got this error:"Windows Update may have automatically replaced your AMD Graphics driver. Hence, the version of AMD Software you have launched is not compatible with your currently installed AMD Graphics driver.For more information on how to resolve this,...
  3. AMD Software Failed to Launch Because Windows Update Has Replaced the AMD Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Software Failed to Launch Because Windows Update Has Replaced the AMD Graphics Driver: Hi there, today I got this error:"Windows Update may have automatically replaced your AMD Graphics driver. Hence, the version of AMD Software you have launched is not compatible with your currently installed AMD Graphics driver.For more information on how to resolve this,...
  4. AMD Software Failed to Launch Because Windows Update Has Replaced the AMD Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. why I cant stop update of AMD Display Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why I cant stop update of AMD Display Driver: I manually install AMD's adrenaline software and make my display as I wish. But every time when updating Windows, this stupid AMD display driver automatically installed and wipes out Adrenaline software and makes the display dull ..Again I install Adrenaline software and make...
  6. why I cant stop update of AMD Display Driver

why I cant stop update of AMD Display Driver: I manually install AMD's adrenaline software and make my display as I wish. But every time when updating Windows, this stupid AMD display driver automatically installed and wipes out Adrenaline software and makes the display dull ..Again I install Adrenaline software and make...
  7. AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?: AMD stop windows update AMD driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-stop-windows-install-updates-for-amd-driver/338c2459-390c-431f-bb64-059be39dfe2f
  8. AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?

AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?: AMD stop windows update AMD driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-stop-windows-install-updates-for-amd-driver/338c2459-390c-431f-bb64-059be39dfe2f
  9. AMD drivers and software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD drivers and software: I installed Radeon™ Graphics and Ryzen™ Chipset Drivers for Windows® and now I am having problems like, blue screen of death and problems booting up. What should I do?PC specs: Processor AMD A10-9620P RADEON R5, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G 2.50 GHz Installed RAM 20.0 GBsome info...
  10. "Display driver has stopped working and has recovered" AMD

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    "Display driver has stopped working and has recovered" AMD: Hello all. I have a clean install of Windows 10 on my Toshiba Satellite S50D-A with an AMD A10-5745M APU with Radeon HD Graphics. Every so often I will get a message "Display driver has stopped working and has recovered" when I am playing a game, browsing the web, or...