Windows 10: Driver related BSOD

Discus and support Driver related BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Was having a lot of BSODs on my computer, so I completely formatted and reinstalled windows 10 - not a few days into the fresh reinstall, the bsods... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 3Flames, Feb 20, 2016.

1. 3Flames Win User

Driver related BSOD

Was having a lot of BSODs on my computer, so I completely formatted and reinstalled windows 10 - not a few days into the fresh reinstall, the bsods started coming again.

So today I had a random bsod, which named ndis.sys as the problem. I then ran driver verifier for a little while, and got 3 bsods, all of which named hidclass.sys as the issue.

I have attached the tenforums zip file (which should have the dump logs in it).

Attachment 65500

:)

3Flames, Feb 20, 2016

2. BSOD related to broadcom driver

Your link requires a log on. Please fix this or move the files elsewhere.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 20, 2016
  3. BSOD - Driver Related Issue

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to download and install al the latest chipset drivers and Hardware Driver update from the manufactures’ website. Follow the steps below and boot the computer in safe mode and check.

Method 1: Safe Mode is useful for troubleshooting problems with programs and drivers that might not start correctly or that might prevent Windows from starting correctly. Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of
    files and drivers.

Please refer below link on how to boot computer in safe mode.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2809468

Note: To exit from safe mode, restart your computer and let the Windows start normally

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Feb 20, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

Driver related BSOD

All dumpfiles blames
    Code: Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck C9, {220, fffff800fbf824d0, ffffcf8038be2d80, ffffe0019a1b9330} Probably caused by : walvhid.sys 2: kd> lmvm walvhid start end module name fffff800`fbf70000 fffff800`fbf71d80 walvhid (deferred) Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\walvhid.sys Image name: walvhid.sys Timestamp: Wed Aug 26 07:15:08 2009 (4A94C4DC) CheckSum: 0000B3A4 ImageSize: 00001D80 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Driver Description: Generic Virtual HID Driver most likely from a WalTop Slimline Widescreen Tablet
    As you can see the driver is from 2009 and probably not compatible with windows 10.
    I suspect this is the driver for your Tablet mouse device.
    + Tablet Mouse
    | Vendor/Product ID: 0x172F, 0x0000
    | Matching Device ID: HID\MyVirtualHidDevice&Col02

Look for a windows 10 compatible driver or remove this device and see if this stops the BSOD.

lifetec, Feb 21, 2016
  5. 3Flames Win User
    I removed all of my graphics tablet drivers, and have now been running driver verifier successfully for a few hours with zero bsods - definitely must have been the problem. Thankyou so much!

Out of curiosity, how did you find that driver description? I did notice "walvhid.sys" when I ran debugging tools, but I couldn't work out what it was associated with.

3Flames, Feb 21, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
  7. 3Flames Win User
    Bookmarked, thankyou. *Smile

3Flames, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Driver related BSOD

1. Driver related BSOD - Similar Threads - Driver related BSOD

2. BSOD Driver Related

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Driver Related: Good evening, I seem to be getting driver crashes quite frequently now. I just ran Verifier, and it keeps it in a consistent loop of BSOD. Just looking to get these minidumps read so I can try to fix it or get suggestions on how...
  3. BSOD Driver Related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Driver Related: Good evening, I seem to be getting driver crashes quite frequently now. I just ran Verifier, and it keeps it in a consistent loop of BSOD. Just looking to get these minidumps read so I can try to fix it or get suggestions on how...
  4. BSOD Driver Related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Constant BSOD. Driver related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD. Driver related: Greetings, Lately I've been experiencing a lot of BSODs that are random. When googling the error code it was always driver related. I've uninstalled the GPU driver, realtek audio driver as well as the CPU/chipset driver. they're less frequent now but BSODs still occur. Can...
  6. Constant BSOD. Driver related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD. Driver related: Greetings, Lately I've been experiencing a lot of BSODs that are random. When googling the error code it was always driver related. I've uninstalled the GPU driver, realtek audio driver as well as the CPU/chipset driver. they're less frequent now but BSODs still occur. Can...
  7. Constant BSOD. Driver related

8. Faulty driver related BSOD

Faulty driver related BSOD: I am getting a BSOD with multiple different messages. Sometimes the computer will run for 20 minutes, sometimes only 5 minutes before it crashes and there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason as I cannot replicate the issue consistently. After hours of troubleshooting I...
  9. repeated driver related BSODs

repeated driver related BSODs: Hey guys any help would be much appreciated Built this new system in October of 2018, have had problems on and off pretty much the whole time, some periods much worse than others. inside a mid tower case: ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wifi) AMD Ryzen 7 2700x G.Skill Trident...
  10. Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier

Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier: I recently started a new job and was given a new Dell Laptop. I am having seemingly randomly BSOD issues. Some days it doesn't happen at all and some days it can happen up to ten times. I've got several BSOD errors (mainly CRITICAL PROCESS DIED). I believe it's a driver...