Windows 10: Driver Updates Fail to Install.

Discus and support Driver Updates Fail to Install. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i went to check for updates, it found 2 updates for my sound and video cards. The new drivers were downloaded... But failed to install, giving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WinInsiderBeta, May 15, 2015.

1. Driver Updates Fail to Install.

So i went to check for updates, it found 2 updates for my sound and video cards.

The new drivers were downloaded...
    But failed to install, giving me the following error: 0x8024007.

If i check for updates again, Windows Update will not find the drivers anymore, they "disappear" and i'm unable to Install them.

Using Windows 10 Home build 10074 upgraded from 8.1 Core.

:)

WinInsiderBeta, May 15, 2015

2. updates fail to install

Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed? See how to verify:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Which version and edition Windows did you originally upgrade from or was installed prior to your current version:

Windows 10 - 1703, 1607, 1511, 1507 (build 10240)

Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro

If you are running Windows 10 1709...

You can download and install it manually from the Microsoft Update Catalog:

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Sea...

Learn how to manually install it:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/manually-insta...

If not...

Before carrying out this procedure, disconnect from the Internet. That means turning off Wi-Fi and disconnecting from a wired connection. If you don't, Windows 10 will indicate some files are in use and cannot be modified or the command will be non-responsive.
    Also, you should restart your computer after disconnecting from the Internet. The easiest way to do it is to enable Airplane mode from the Action Center - Windows key + A.

Open Start, type: CMD

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

Type each of the following then hit Enter

taskkill /f /fi "SERVICES eq wuauserv" (do this multiple times)

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

rmdir C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore

rmdir C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download

When complete, hit Enter, then restart, then try updating again.

If that does not work...

Open Start, type: CMD

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

Type each of the following then hit Enter

Net Stop bits

Net Stop wuauserv

Net Stop appidsvc

Net Stop cryptsvc

Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak

Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak

Net Start bits

Net Start wuauserv

Net Start appidsvc

Net Start cryptsvc

After running these commands, check if your issue is fixed.

Try this additional tips to see if they work:

Troubleshoot Windows Update Problems in Windows 10 Using These Five Tips

https://windows10.help/blogs/entry/23-troublesh...

Andre Da Costa, May 15, 2015
  3. FredKirk Win User
    updates fail to install

Good morning,

I am constantly getting messages when trying to update windows 10. This has all happened since an update on 18 December 2017.

Update (KB4058043)

Since that date all updates appear to have been installed and computer states restart required to finish installing update, however restart is carried out and constantly getting error message that updates failed to install.

FredKirk, May 15, 2015
  4. Driver Updates Fail to Install.

Try the built in trouble shooter first

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\System and Security
    Windows Update

Windows Update error code list
    0x80240007 WU_E_INVALIDINDEX The index to a collection was invalid.

Slartybart, May 15, 2015
  5. The problem was temporary, it's all fine now.
    Thanks.

WinInsiderBeta, May 15, 2015
  6. Good to know. These 'temporary bugs' happen to me too *Wink

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Driver Updates Fail to Install.

1. Driver Updates Fail to Install. - Similar Threads - Driver Updates Fail

2. Failed Driver Install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Failed Driver Install: I have a USB audio device for which I cannot successfully install its driver. The device is a Boss SY-1000 Guitar Synthesizer. This is on a computer I recently purchased, a Surface Book 3 15", 32gb, mem 2tb ssd running Windows 10. It acts like it installs ok, after plugging...
  3. Driver Updates fail

Driver Updates fail: Recently I've been getting driver updates and as always I update them but this time they fail and I get a pop image below and when I see the pop up I press install anyway and this was the first time it happened and then the Driver updates fail and I use AMD software Radeon...
  4. Nvidia driver failed to be installed

Nvidia driver failed to be installed: I have a notebook with NVIDIA GEFORCE 930MX. After the latest windows update, NVIDIA asked for driver update. the driver failed to be installed. After that may NVIDIA doesn't come up or active. i searched the device manager and found my NVIDIA device as an other device....
  5. Driver Installation Failed

Driver Installation Failed: All was good with my machine until Microsoft did an update on Saturday 11-10-19. After restart, I noticed that I didn't have any sound. I am running WIndows 10 Pro from an online update several years ago from Windows 7. Intel Core i7 processor and Creative Sound Blaster...
  6. Driver Update Fail

Driver Update Fail: My wireless internet adapter refuses to update and replies to me with "This device cannot start. (Code 10). I have tried uninstalling then installing the driver, factory reseted my device, using a different driver, and other methods of repairing....
  7. Fail to update/install wireless adapter driver

Fail to update/install wireless adapter driver: My wireless adapter suddenly stopped working and I cannot use Internet connection on my laptop (but the wired connection works fine). In Device Manager the driver for Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 seems to have a problem [Windows is still setting up the class configuration...
  8. Failed to update Drivers

Failed to update Drivers: I have just installed windows 10 and these drivers failed to update.... please help. thanks. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-update-drivers/edb07f14-2c67-4a78-98bf-bce1a8810fc1
  9. Failed Driver Update

Failed Driver Update: Failed Driver Update: Intel - System - 10/11/2015 12:00.00 AM - 2.0.0.1094 [img] What is this supposed to mean? Do I need to manually search for the driver that failed to install? 120218
  10. loop nVidia driver update; install and fail

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    loop nVidia driver update; install and fail: Every time I start my PC, Windows tries to install an nVidia driver, and every time fails to do so. I like to stop this continuous loop. Everything on my PC works fine, the standard Windows updates never give problems and I am satisfied with the present nVidia driver. Any...