Windows 10: Driver verify question

Discus and support Driver verify question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having BSOD crashes for a few weeks now on my 10 year old HP desktop running Vista. I ran the BSOD app, reported and told that my problem was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fred22, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Fred22 Win User

Driver verify question

I've been having BSOD crashes for a few weeks now on my 10 year old HP desktop running Vista. I ran the BSOD app, reported and told that my problem was a driver and to run the Verify program and click Intel. I could not find Intel on the list so I checked everything that said Microsoft. My PC was running slow before and seems to be running even slower now. Is there anything more I can do? Could I have caused a problem by checking all the Microsoft boxes, or is it just time to replace my 10 year old PC?

:)

Fred22, Sep 20, 2016

2. Random BSOD in Windows 10

That is what verifier is supposed to do. When the bad dri ver is loaded verifier crashes the system. Generally speaking when it says DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION (????????) there is a driver at the end of it where the question marks are. Was
    there a driver listed?

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 20, 2016
  3. Driver Verifier - Misbehaving Drivers

Related to cmudaxp.sys Audio WDM Driver from C-Media Inc

Completely remove the current driver (or software) and install the newest driver available. For instructions on how to do that Read all about updating drivers here Updating a driver.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 20, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

Driver verify question

You're asking for Vista support in Windows 10 forum? Unusual.

I'm not familiar with the Verifier. However, it appears to be a monitoring utility:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...3-c48669e4c983

It's believable that leaving it on would slow the PC. Especially with a lot of random boxes checked.

I'm not sure what to suggest , after turning it off. First thing would be to image the existing Vista installation. Macrium Reflect Free is popular for that. (You have an external HD for backups already, right?) I'd try a repair install (also known as an upgrade-in-place) of Vista then.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...8d79ee9?auth=1

Good luck.

bobkn, Sep 20, 2016
  5. Fred22 Win User
    I'm running a system restore back to 9/17 (last update).

Fred22, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Driver verify question

1. Driver verify question - Similar Threads - Driver verify question

2. Driver Verifier results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver Verifier results: I have had a lot of BSODs while gaming and only gaming. Here the minidump from driver verifier, please let me know the solutions:******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  3. Driver Verifier Results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Verifier Results: I have recently had numerous BSOD while gaming, So i decided to run the Driver Verifier, but i cannot understand the results. Here is the minidump:******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  4. Driver Verifier BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Verifier BSOD: So for like a year im having random reboots with no BSOD up to 2 times a month, so i researched the topic for a bit and ruled out some faulty hardware like GPU was already in my old PC and ran fine or RAM Memtest86 passed without problems, changed PSU too. i also changed some...
  5. Driver Verifier

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver Verifier: I performed the driver verifier exactly as listed. Only difference is I had 2 DDI files not 1. The second one said additional. Well it crashed worse. Won't even boot. It did an automatic hardware check& came back clean. Then Dell ran automatic diagnose system. Currently the...
  6. Driver Verifier

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Verifier: I performed the driver verifier exactly as listed. Only difference is I had 2 DDI files not 1. The second one said additional. Well it crashed worse. Won't even boot. It did an automatic hardware check& came back clean. Then Dell ran automatic diagnose system. Currently the...
  7. Driver Verifier

8. Driver verifier crashed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver verifier crashed: I ran into BSOD specifically KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on tcpip.sys and found this question.As answer suggests, I followed instruction of this wiki, and driver verifier crashed DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION, with no xxxx.sys.As this suggests, I'll upload DMP file and...
  9. driver verifier test

driver verifier test: i ran the driver verifyer test and i been getting some error messages Ndis.sysDxgmms2.sysNvwgf2umx.dll pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-test/9a9808b8-bdf8-4d73-88cb-3dceaef3968d
  10. Driver verifier

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver verifier: Hi, I have recently used driver verifier to try and find if one of my drivers is buggy, however when i get a bsod it still comes up with messages like critical process died, unexpected store exception etc. I havent got any driver verifier stop code, does this mean my bsods...