Windows 10: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD randomly

Discus and support driver_irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I randomly (and commonly) get BSoDs with a bug check string of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Code: 0x0000000a) or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Colm, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Colm Win User

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD randomly

I randomly (and commonly) get BSoDs with a bug check string of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Code: 0x0000000a) or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Code: 0x000000d1).

I can't seem to find the driver that is causing these random blue screens, there doesn't seem to be a reason either as it can range from minutes to hours on getting the blue screen.

Primary specs:
    CPU: i7 6700K
    Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 980ti
    RAM: Corsair 16GB DDR4 @3000MHz

I have recently wiped and reinstalled Windows, just incase that was the problem, but it is still happening. I've also ran MemTest for over an hour with 0 fails.

Thanks!

:)

2. Windows 10 driver_irql_not_less_or_equal usbxhci.sys when playing a video

So for the past couple days I have been getting a BSOD with driver_irql_not_less_or_equal usbxhci.sys.

This happens randomly when I play a video. Here is some more information about my computer:

Motherboard: gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H

Gpu: Msi geforce gtx 750 ti

cpu: amd athlon x4 860K

I hope you can help me!

Henry

henrypham02, Jan 19, 2016
  3. VIA Chrome9 HC IGP WDDM Driver Problem Win 10

BSOD report is:

stop code:

system thread exeption not handled, also and

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

what failed: VTGKModeDX32.sys

After installing driver on Troubleshoot mode same situation with BSOD.

Please help.

RasmusWolfstein, Jan 19, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please run CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID, open it and make screenshots of the following tabs

• CPU
    • Mainboard
    • Memory
    • SPD*
    • Graphics
    *SPD shows the details of each module, you can show the details by choosing different slots in the left upper corner.
    Please make screenshots of each module.

Please post each screenshot in your next reply/replies.

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD randomly [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

5. Colm Win User
    Hey thanks for the reply.

Since my first post, I've updated to BIOS 1105, which has not stopped IRQL crashes.

CPU-Z pictures
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=folder%2cPNG

I can use your attachments if you'd prefer it, but I can only upload 4 more files there, and I have 5 pictures. I've put all 5 pictures from CPU-Z on OneDrive for you to download instead.

I didn't take a picture of slot 1 and 3 as there's nothing there, due to I'm only using slot 2 and 4 on my motherboard.

Thanks!

6. axe0 New Member
    Please post the CPU-Z pictures in your reply

7. Colm Win User
    Thanks for your reply.

I have put the pictures in the attachments.

8. axe0 New Member

If you haven't yet enabled driver verifier, I suggested it because some components use drivers that are often causing trouble even after a reinstallation.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD randomly - Similar Threads - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD randomly

2. Random BSODs: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I'm getting 'random' 90% of the time DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bluescreens with occasional SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA for the past 4 or 5 months. I've tried a lot of things including contacting Microsoft Support which did or had me do a...
  3. Random BSODs: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I'm getting 'random' 90% of the time DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bluescreens with occasional SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA for the past 4 or 5 months. I've tried a lot of things including contacting Microsoft Support which did or had me do a...
  4. BSoD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe random crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe random crash: The information of my pc and minidump files are in the below link. It crashed many times when I use my PC recently, and it seemed to be random crash. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah8w-_SwduI3pj01ne_xH6wvdzFd?e=Psl4iE...
  5. Random BSOD ntoskrnl.exe driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Random BSOD ntoskrnl.exe driver_irql_not_less_or_equal: My pc having some problems. It goes on bluescreen randomly and the error is: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Caused by: ntoskrnl.exe Pc build: Intel i7 8700K Nvidia geforce gtx 1080 16 GB ram venegance rgb Samsung evo 960 250gb Crucial ssd 500gb Seagate hdd 1tb...
  6. Seemingly random BSOD, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, tcpip.sys

Seemingly random BSOD, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, tcpip.sys: I keep getting this BSOD. Unsure what the root cause is. I've already attempted a system restore to the oldest point, but that did not resolve the issue. The issue only began recently (last few weeks?). Logs are attached. 115250
  7. Random BSOD kernel_security_check_fail & Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_equal

Random BSOD kernel_security_check_fail & Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_equal: I'm randomly getting these BSODs, weather i'm playing a game or just browsing the internet. I'm not sure what causes them but I'm thinking it might be something to do with either my USB WiFi adapter or my latest AMD Graphics drivers i updated recently. Here's the latest...
  8. BSOD (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) randomly Windows 10

BSOD (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) randomly Windows 10: My computer experienced randomly BSOD with DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. It started from last month. No hardware changed from January. I remembered the first two crash occured while downloading a big file and I guess may related to the my usb wireless driver? But I have...
  9. Random BSODs while browsing - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Random BSODs while browsing - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi all, I've been having issues on and off over the past week or two with randomly appearing BSODs reporting the error "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". I know it means there's something going on with my drivers but I'm not sure what's going on. I can't pinpoint what...
  10. BSOD at random times (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL WinUSB.SYS)

BSOD at random times (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL WinUSB.SYS): I've been having issues with a new build(see specs below) where at random times it would crash, this could happen while it was idle or while I was playing games. I am unable to currently run the provided tool but am attaching the minidump instead. I have replaced the ram the...