Windows 10: DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER at any random times.

Discus and support DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER at any random times. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have been getting "DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER" BSODs at any random times. Sometimes I don't get it during weeks, sometimes 3 times a week, it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lolcocks, Oct 6, 2015.

1. lolcocks Win User

DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER at any random times.

Hi, I have been getting "DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER" BSODs at any random times.
    Sometimes I don't get it during weeks, sometimes 3 times a week, it's completely random I cannot analyze it.
    Can someone please help?

I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 official.

Log attached.

:)

lolcocks, Oct 6, 2015

2. BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (tcpip.sys)

Now it happened the 4th time and i get another error message:

DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

ShinjiDayo, Oct 6, 2015
  3. SeniorTom Win User
    Windows 10 restarting at random times

Hello Leizl,

AMD offered a driver update on 3/10 and I have not had a reboot since.

AMD Radeon Software
    Crimson Edition Beta

I am still running on the Beta version.

SeniorTom, Oct 6, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi lolcocks,

If you are using a program like Ccleaner or any other method please stop using it while troubleshooting.
    This because programs/methods remove dump files that are needed to troubleshoot.

The usual causes of this 0xf7 crash you get is either a driver or malware.
    Please download and install Malwarebytes free (Uncheck trial version in the installation process)
    Please run a threat scan with Malwarebytes, a full scan with your AV, scan your system with Adwcleaner and Kaspersky TTDSKiller.

If there are no results (no infection), please run driver verifier.

DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER at any random times. [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Some windows drivers are blamed in a few crashes, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

axe0, Oct 6, 2015
Thema:

1. DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER at any random times. - Similar Threads - DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER random times

2. Random BSoD's "DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSoD's "DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER": Greetings, gentlemen. I have been getting random bsod's lately, sometimes the system fails to boot windows, sometimes it crashes mid-operation. I opened the crash dump with WinDBG, but I didnt get much info on the possible issue. from what I've seen, the culprit might be...
  3. Random BSoD's "DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSoD's "DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER": Greetings, gentlemen. I have been getting random bsod's lately, sometimes the system fails to boot windows, sometimes it crashes mid-operation. I opened the crash dump with WinDBG, but I didnt get much info on the possible issue. from what I've seen, the culprit might be...
  4. Random BSoD's "DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER: Hi, Recently i got BSOD which is DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER and here's the minidump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gwBAcLx-fPPgF4cMEv3PPv0I17dPloK4/view?usp=sharing Please help me what error that i got Thanks...
  6. DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER: I have been having this error "DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER" on my girlfriend computer, I have uploaded the minidump files to google drive. Can anyone help me? This has been happening over and over and we didn't want to format the computer before trying something else....
  7. BSOD Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer

BSOD Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer: Recently, I have a BSOD Driver Overran Stack Buffer while playing game. Here is the attached file Attachment 37234 I have in minidump folder for each BSOD. I need help to figure out which problems my computer has pls. My system specs: - Mainboard MSI B85M-E45 - Intel Core...
  8. BSOD random at any times

BSOD random at any times: Can't find anything about it, it happens sometimes when i close a high GPU/CPU process, but sometimes happens during the night. Thanks for any help! Attachment 116160 74276
  9. driver_overran_stack_buffer then 0xc000021a

driver_overran_stack_buffer then 0xc000021a: I was browsing Tumblr on Microsoft edge and suddenly I get a BSOD which said driver_overran_stack_buffer. Now I get the endless reboot, 0xc000021a. I do not have a restore point or disc from which to recover from. I upgraded downloading the tool on the Microsoft website......
  10. Driver_overran_stack_buffer

Driver_overran_stack_buffer: First BSOD I've had in Windows 10... Outside the usual ntoskrnl.exe BlueScreenView points to NETIO.sys, netr28x.sys and tcpip.sys... Ran update drive for my wireless card, says it's got the latest drivers already... checking my Ethernet drivers, even though I don't use the...