Windows 10: Driver_overran_stack_buffer

Discus and support Driver_overran_stack_buffer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; First BSOD I've had in Windows 10... Outside the usual ntoskrnl.exe BlueScreenView points to NETIO.sys, netr28x.sys and tcpip.sys... Ran update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chris2005, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Chris2005 Win User

Driver_overran_stack_buffer

First BSOD I've had in Windows 10... Outside the usual ntoskrnl.exe BlueScreenView points to NETIO.sys, netr28x.sys and tcpip.sys...

Ran update drive for my wireless card, says it's got the latest drivers already... checking my Ethernet drivers, even though I don't use the Ethernet.

Here are the files and stuff.

:)

Chris2005, Nov 15, 2015

2. "DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER" keeps popping up in Windows 10 when I try to game online!!!

how to resolve "DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER"

rohitsrivastva, Nov 15, 2015
  3. tonyc57 Win User
    bsod driver_overran_stack_buffer . I cannot fix this error Please help

bsod driver_overran_stack_buffer . I cannot fix this error Please help

tonyc57, Nov 15, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Chris2005,

I am sorry for the delay, there aren't many people in this part.

Your 802.11n Wireless LAN card driver has been flagged.
    Although this looks like a 1-time bluescreen, I suggest you update this driver using link below. This driver isn't optimized for Windows 10
    Downloads - Drivers and Firmware - MediaTek
    Code: ffffd001`c5eef638 fffff800`cbda6a63Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\netr28x.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for netr28x.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for netr28x.sys netr28x+0x6a63 0: kd> lmvm netr28x start end module name fffff800`cbda0000 fffff800`cc00c000 netr28x T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: netr28x.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\netr28x.sys Image name: netr28x.sys Timestamp: Fri Jun 13 13:50:31 2014 (539AE587) CheckSum: 0026A714 ImageSize: 0026C000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. Chris2005 Win User
    [/quote] No problem. *Smile There are far more debilitating BSOD's out there. *Tongue

Yea, it's not happened again, but I'll update the drivers and see how it goes.

Chris2005, Nov 17, 2015
  6. Chris2005 Win User
    I don't see my device listed... AIDA64 says my device is the "Ralink RT3062 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter," which one do I choose on that page?

Update:
    Downloaded the first entry drivers from that page and it installed an updated driver. Still a pre-Windows 10 "RTM" driver, but it's from this year at least. xD

Chris2005, Nov 17, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Let me know how it goes *Smile

8. Chris2005 Win User

So far, no BSOD at all since then.

Chris2005, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Driver_overran_stack_buffer - Similar Threads - Driver_overran_stack_buffer

2. driver_overran_stack_buffer BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    driver_overran_stack_buffer BSOD: I've been experiencing quite a few BSOD as of late, and cannot seem to pinpoint the issue. The computer will crash to the blue screen at seemingly random times. Sometimes it will crash while idle after 5 min of boot time, sometimes it crashes after 30-60 min of gaming. The...
  3. driver_overran_stack_buffer BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver_overran_stack_buffer BSOD: I've been experiencing quite a few BSOD as of late, and cannot seem to pinpoint the issue. The computer will crash to the blue screen at seemingly random times. Sometimes it will crash while idle after 5 min of boot time, sometimes it crashes after 30-60 min of gaming. The...
  4. driver_overran_stack_buffer BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to fix DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER: Hello,I got the BSOD with code DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER recently and it happens very frequently. I tried so many different ways e.g. clean boot, update drivers, even reinstall the whole system. It still happens and really annoying me. Can you help me take a look at it?Here...
  6. How to fix DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

How to fix DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER: Hello,I got the BSOD with code DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER recently and it happens very frequently. I tried so many different ways e.g. clean boot, update drivers, even reinstall the whole system. It still happens and really annoying me. Can you help me take a look at it?Here...
  7. How to fix DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER BSoD when I play videogames

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER BSoD when I play videogames: Not long ago I bought and installed the BioShock Collection from Steam, Every time I play one of these games BioShock Remastered, BioShock 2 Remastered or BioShock Infinite the game crashes. Sometimes it freezes, sometimes it restarts my PC and now I got a BSoD that showed...
  9. DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER BSoD when I play videogames

DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER BSoD when I play videogames: Not long ago I bought and installed the BioShock Collection from Steam, Every time I play one of these games BioShock Remastered, BioShock 2 Remastered or BioShock Infinite the game crashes. Sometimes it freezes, sometimes it restarts my PC and now I got a BSoD that showed...
  10. DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER f7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER f7: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22621.2428 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Users\59759\Desktop\120823-15328-01.dmp] Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is: srv*...