Windows 10: DRIVER_OVERRAN_STUCK_BUFFER on MSI

Discus and support DRIVER_OVERRAN_STUCK_BUFFER on MSI in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I get on every start a BSOD DRIVER_OVERRAN_STUCK_BUFFER. It's always the same message. I have a MSI MS-16H5. Yesterday I had this BSOD once and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Peace2017, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Peace2017 Win User

DRIVER_OVERRAN_STUCK_BUFFER on MSI

Hi
    I get on every start a BSOD DRIVER_OVERRAN_STUCK_BUFFER. It's always the same message. I have a MSI MS-16H5.
    Yesterday I had this BSOD once and after that the laptop booted correctly, but since today morning I am not able to go to Windows 8 which is installed ( i hope I can post it here though) . Everytime I see the MSI logo and then the BSOD appears.
    A system repair failed and also a refresh (deleting apps but not other files). I got another BSOD and then after a restart the usual mentioned error code.
    Therefore I couldn't get a log file.
    I didn't install new programs in the last time.
    I am happy for every hint.

Thanks,
    Adam

:)

Peace2017, Jan 17, 2017
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jan 17, 2017
  3. Matt674885, Jan 17, 2017
  4. Peace2017 Win User

I read a bit more in the topics of this nice forum and found this advice. On the advanced config of the BS (Troubleshoot / Advanced options / Command prompt) I could open the cmd and executed "sfc /scannow" and received:
    "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and suscessfully repaired them. Details are included in the CBS.LOG windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. (...)".
    I restarted but got DRIVER_OVERRAN_STUCK_BUFFER again.
    Another sfc /scannow gave me the same message back in the cmd and like always a reboot was not possible and the same BSOD came.

(sorry, I readed about bumping threads after my extension note. I didn't want to push it so fast and now I can't delete the second post.)

Should I update to Windows 10 maybe?

Peace2017, Jan 18, 2017
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. DRIVER_OVERRAN_STUCK_BUFFER on MSI - Similar Threads - DRIVER_OVERRAN_STUCK_BUFFER MSI

2. Getting code 10 error on my MSI GS63 8RE. Help??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting code 10 error on my MSI GS63 8RE. Help??: Laptop was working completely fine this morning then all of a sudden, it just stopped connecting to wifi. Any solutions?? submitted by /u/kaushiktare [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/duye95/getting_code_10_error_on_my_msi_gs63_8re_help/
  3. Laptop MSI GT72 2QD DOMINATOR se apaga al entrar al sistema operativo (Posible temperatura...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop MSI GT72 2QD DOMINATOR se apaga al entrar al sistema operativo (Posible temperatura...: Buenas noches a todos, Hace unos días le cambie la batería a mi laptop MSI GT72 Dominator 2QD y desde entonces se apaga la computadora justo después de iniciar, lo que pasa es lo siguiente: 1.- Inicia la computadora y llega a la pantalla de introducción de PIN. 2.- Al...
  4. .msi files do not work any longer on my windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .msi files do not work any longer on my windows 10: Suddenly .msi files dont load or extract on my laptop. I tempered with the regedit at a point though. The error image is below. [ATTACH]...
  5. My msi laptop operation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My msi laptop operation: Hi. I have msi laptop model name msi GT72 2QD and it is keep showing this odd screen when I turn it on. I researched tiny bit about how to get to the normal screen again by adjusting my aptio utility setup but I still cannot get back. Please help me and here is the...
  6. MSI Z77a-G43 showing speakers are plugged in.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSI Z77a-G43 showing speakers are plugged in.: So I have a weird one for you. I'm running Windows 10 Pro on an MSI Z77a-G43. The onboard audio (Realtek) is recognized correctly and detects when devices are plugged in. Two very strange issues here. In device manager under 'Audio inputs and outputs' it lists a speaker as...
  7. vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi error: [ATTACH]This is my first post on here so please don't mind if the format isn't right or if I posted it in the wrong area, I genuinely don't know what to do because this has left me scratching my head for a while now. I got this error whilst trying to install a game, I thought...
  8. Long Boot up in new laptop. MSI Stealth GS75

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long Boot up in new laptop. MSI Stealth GS75: I bought this MSI Stealth GS75 with Win 10 Home two months ago. It booted quicker when I first got it, though I was expecting better start up performance. Currently it takes over 3 minutes to boot, that is longer than my 10-year-old 1st Gen i7 Sager it replaced. (The Ryzen...
  9. Long Boot up in new laptop. MSI Stealth GS75

in Windows 10 Support
    Long Boot up in new laptop. MSI Stealth GS75: I bought this MSI Stealth GS75 with Win 10 Home two months ago. It booted quicker when I first got it, though I was expecting better start up performance. Currently it takes over 3 minutes to boot, that is longer than my 10-year-old 1st Gen i7 Sager it replaced. (The Ryzen...
  10. Difference bettween MSI unsinstall and Apps and Features unintall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difference bettween MSI unsinstall and Apps and Features unintall: Hello, I arguing with one of my colleagues about what is the difference between the MSI uninstall and Apps and Features uninstall. In my point of view, there is no difference, but I need to make sure I'm right or not because some task depends on It. So, What is the...