Windows 10: DRIVER_OVERRAN_STUCK_BUFFER on MSI

Discus and support DRIVER_OVERRAN_STUCK_BUFFER on MSI in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I get on every start a BSOD DRIVER_OVERRAN_STUCK_BUFFER. It's always the same message. I have a MSI MS-16H5. Yesterday I had this BSOD once and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Peace2017, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Peace2017 Win User

DRIVER_OVERRAN_STUCK_BUFFER on MSI

Hi
    I get on every start a BSOD DRIVER_OVERRAN_STUCK_BUFFER. It's always the same message. I have a MSI MS-16H5.
    Yesterday I had this BSOD once and after that the laptop booted correctly, but since today morning I am not able to go to Windows 8 which is installed ( i hope I can post it here though) . Everytime I see the MSI logo and then the BSOD appears.
    A system repair failed and also a refresh (deleting apps but not other files). I got another BSOD and then after a restart the usual mentioned error code.
    Therefore I couldn't get a log file.
    I didn't install new programs in the last time.
    I am happy for every hint.

Thanks,
    Adam

:)

Peace2017, Jan 17, 2017
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jan 17, 2017
  3. Matt674885, Jan 17, 2017
  4. Peace2017 Win User

I read a bit more in the topics of this nice forum and found this advice. On the advanced config of the BS (Troubleshoot / Advanced options / Command prompt) I could open the cmd and executed "sfc /scannow" and received:
    "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and suscessfully repaired them. Details are included in the CBS.LOG windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. (...)".
    I restarted but got DRIVER_OVERRAN_STUCK_BUFFER again.
    Another sfc /scannow gave me the same message back in the cmd and like always a reboot was not possible and the same BSOD came.

(sorry, I readed about bumping threads after my extension note. I didn't want to push it so fast and now I can't delete the second post.)

Should I update to Windows 10 maybe?

Peace2017, Jan 18, 2017
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. DRIVER_OVERRAN_STUCK_BUFFER on MSI - Similar Threads - DRIVER_OVERRAN_STUCK_BUFFER MSI

2. Camera not detected, again. MSI Stealth GS77 12UE Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera not detected, again. MSI Stealth GS77 12UE Windows 11: I've had this recurring problem where the built in camera is no longer detected. I've completed the troubleshooting to no avail. I think I need new drivers but I can't find the appropriate one on MSI's website. Help!...
  3. Camera not detected, again. MSI Stealth GS77 12UE Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not detected, again. MSI Stealth GS77 12UE Windows 11: I've had this recurring problem where the built in camera is no longer detected. I've completed the troubleshooting to no avail. I think I need new drivers but I can't find the appropriate one on MSI's website. Help!...
  4. Cannot install msi files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install msi files: I am having trouble installing files with the msi tag at the end. According to services whenever I try to run the windows installer service it gives me an error message and can not start. I am on a thinkpad and the operating system is windows. What would be the best approach...
  5. Cannot install msi files

Cannot install msi files: I am having trouble installing files with the msi tag at the end. According to services whenever I try to run the windows installer service it gives me an error message and can not start. I am on a thinkpad and the operating system is windows. What would be the best approach...
  6. Blue screen errors that occur frequently on a new Msi Katana 17 B12V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen errors that occur frequently on a new Msi Katana 17 B12V: Hello, I have been having a lot of blue screens for no reason on an MSI Katana 17 ever since I purchased it in september of last year. Whatever I do it will randomly crash all the time even when i'm just doing nothing. I have reached out to MSI support but the only thing they...
  7. Blue screen errors that occur frequently on a new Msi Katana 17 B12V

Blue screen errors that occur frequently on a new Msi Katana 17 B12V: Hello, I have been having a lot of blue screens for no reason on an MSI Katana 17 ever since I purchased it in september of last year. Whatever I do it will randomly crash all the time even when i'm just doing nothing. I have reached out to MSI support but the only thing they...
  8. My Laptop is MSI cyborg 15 A12U RTX 2050, after restarting the Laptop, the key light will...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop is MSI cyborg 15 A12U RTX 2050, after restarting the Laptop, the key light will...: I have shut down and, works fine when turned on, but when i restart, the light will be on but not the screen, so i have to force shut down,,,after force shut down, and start my laptop,it works fine....
  9. My Laptop is MSI cyborg 15 A12U RTX 2050, after restarting the Laptop, the key light will...

My Laptop is MSI cyborg 15 A12U RTX 2050, after restarting the Laptop, the key light will...: I have shut down and, works fine when turned on, but when i restart, the light will be on but not the screen, so i have to force shut down,,,after force shut down, and start my laptop,it works fine....
  10. MSI laptop sudden performance drops, already ran all the obvious checks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI laptop sudden performance drops, already ran all the obvious checks: I have an MSI sword 15 from 2022, I recently just started having major lag spikes and performance drops when running games. I was low on storage so I just got a new 2TB SSD and the issue persists. I’ve already ran all the usual things to check, both hardware cleaning and...