Windows 10: Driver_power_state_failure and memory_management BSOD

Discus and support Driver_power_state_failure and memory_management BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I got a new laptop and after about a week I started to get the BSOD driver_power_state_failure. Sometimes it wouldn't happen for days and sometimes I'd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JRHNBR, Sep 10, 2015.

1. JRHNBR Win User

Driver_power_state_failure and memory_management BSOD

I got a new laptop and after about a week I started to get the BSOD driver_power_state_failure. Sometimes it wouldn't happen for days and sometimes I'd get it 2-3 times a day. I ran whocrashed and the program said it was caused by the ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14E240) module. So I performed a memory test and it came up with no errors. Then today I got the driver_power_state_failure and as I was restarting my computer I got the memory_management BSOD. I'm assuming they're both caused by the same driver/program. Any way I can keep these crashes from happening?

Specs:
    Chassis manufacturer: Acer
    CPU: Intel Core i5 5200U 2.2 GHz
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce 940m 2048mb
    Memory: x1 8gb DDR3
    Storage: 1tb hybrid drive

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Fri 9/11/2015 5:40:23 PM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\091115-17406-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14E240)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x5100, 0xFFFFF6E800B6B410, 0x1E, 0x1000000028164)
    Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 9/11/2015 5:40:23 PM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: rdyboost.sys (rdyboost+0x2845)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x5100, 0xFFFFF6E800B6B410, 0x1E, 0x1000000028164)
    Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rdyboost.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: ReadyBoost Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Dump file:
    091115-17406-01.dmp 9/11/2015 1:40:23 PM MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a 00000000`00005100 fffff6e8`00b6b410 00000000`0000001e 00010000`00028164 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+14e240 NT Kernel & System Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Microsoft Corporation 10.0.10240.16463 (th1.150819-1946) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+14e240 C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\091115-17406-01.dmp 4 15 10240 276,376 9/11/2015 1:41:08 PM

:)

JRHNBR, Sep 10, 2015

2. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT,PFN_LIST_CORRUPT,BAD_POOL_HEADER BSODs on Windows 10 while gaming or just using my PC.

Any news on this?

I am still getting MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs Driver_power_state_failure and memory_management BSOD :(

LeonDamjanov, Sep 10, 2015
  3. Lots of BSOD's

PS: after my previous/last replie i had 3 more BSOD's:

seems like there are a lot of random once...

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT win32kbase.sys

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl.exe

ntoskrnl.exe

florian de graef, Sep 10, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi JRHNBR,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please read How to upload files

Ntoskrnl.exe isn't the cause, without this file you cannot start your computer because this file is needed in the boot process.
    Windows files are usually blamed when 3rd party's are 'hiding'.

5. axe0 New Member
    What memory test did you do exactly? The built-in feature?

Please do the following:

• Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again

If sfc/scannow doesn't say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation", please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

6. JRHNBR Win User
    I used windows memory diagnostic tool in control panel.

The resource protection program didn't find anything

JRHNBR, Sep 10, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Good.

What memory test have you performed?

8. JRHNBR Win User

The windows memory diagnostic program

JRHNBR, Sep 10, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Sorry, I didn't see you previous answer.

Please run the diagnostic, this memory test is proven better then the built-in feature.

Driver_power_state_failure and memory_management BSOD [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

10. JRHNBR Win User
    Ok I'll try this tonight. Also one of the blue screens was said to be caused by rdyboost.sys. Is this the source of the issues?

JRHNBR, Sep 10, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    That is a windows file, if it would be the source of the problem then it would mean your windows is corrupted.
    The solution for a corrupted windows would be the System File Check (Sfc a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) or a reinstallation of windows if the corruption is too bad.
    Since you don't have any corruption, missing files or other problems, this file isn't the real cause.

12. JRHNBR Win User
    I did the memory test and it came up with no issues

JRHNBR, Sep 11, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

Alright,
    Please try the following

Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

14. JRHNBR Win User
    I actually tried that and it crashed before windows could boot.

JRHNBR, Sep 11, 2015
  15. axe0 New Member
    Do you know where the boot process was?

Thema:

1. Driver_power_state_failure and memory_management BSOD - Similar Threads - Driver_power_state_failure memory_management BSOD

2. Memory_management bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory_management bsod: Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Got a BSOD with the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT stop code. -(2020-10-15_19-26-25).zip 166454
  3. Memory_management BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory_management BSOD: I have tried a million times to fix this problem and we even took it to a shop. Mind you this shop is decent and they tend to know what they are doing it was not best buy but a local shop. This error occurs when we attempt to launch a game or during random downloads. When we...
  4. Bsod memory_management

Bsod memory_management: Hi everyone, I recently had MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD on my laptop. I left it running on battery for a while, when I came back it was showing the blue screen and the battery was almost depleted. I'm guessing it happened trying to hibernate or go to sleep. Hopefully you can help...
  5. BSOD memory_management

BSOD memory_management: Hello I have a new BSOD problem with my envy for the first time in 1 and half year this is the first time i got this problem of this type. I got a memory management blue screen BSOD when checking the dmp file it gives me the following : { MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a...
  6. BSOD Memory_Management

BSOD Memory_Management: Estimados, En algunas ocasiones, mientras estamos trabajando con el notebook, nos tira BSOD Memory_Management *** STOP: 0x0000001A (0x00000000000000403,0FFFFF68000040DD8,0xD410000047F14967,0xFFFFF68000031968) Desconocemos exactamente cual pueda ser la causa. Dejo log...
  7. Bsod memory_management

Bsod memory_management: I've had multiple BSOD's over the past month or so. I've updated all drivers and still had a BSOD today. I've tried using WinDBG but am not smart enough to use it properly. Any assistance would be appreciated. 86632
  8. BSOD Memory_management

BSOD Memory_management: I have had periodic BSODs on this PC, perhaps every 30 days. Usually irql_not_less_or_equal This is a new cause. I have tested the memory previously with no errors reported. I have (hopefully) attached the report below. Thanks for any assistance. 66574
  9. BSOD Memory_Management

BSOD Memory_Management: I don't know what happened. I just built a new PC and did a fresh install of windows, everything was running fine for about a week and all of the sudden google chrome started not being able to load webpages, asking me to reload every page then I just got a random BSOD...
  10. Memory_management, driver_power_state_failure,

Memory_management, driver_power_state_failure,: I am getting a moderate number of BSOD crashes, but not always for the same reason. I did a clean install of the latest nvidia drivers (drivers and phys-x only) and also ran memtest86 overnight with no errors. But still get random BSODs. I also get a lot of errors in the...