Windows 10: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on Sleep

Discus and support DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on Sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This has been happening for a while. Doesn't seem to be any new drivers on the ASUS site that I don't already have. It seems to do it almost every time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by raygunc, Apr 30, 2016.

1. raygunc Win User

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on Sleep

This has been happening for a while. Doesn't seem to be any new drivers on the ASUS site that I don't already have. It seems to do it almost every time it goes to sleep.

TIA for your help! Attachment 77615

:)

raygunc, Apr 30, 2016

2. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Windows 10

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to WIndows 10 on my ASUS VivoBook S400CA

1. Windows does not come up from sleep and it goes into BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE .

2. Startup time for os has increases significantly.

RohitRohatgi, Apr 30, 2016
  3. cednix Win User
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (0x0000009f) Crash in Sleep

Ok. I have uploaded a few more minidumps to the original link:

minidumps

Thanks and let me know if any other info would help.

cednix, Apr 30, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

I looked at the last 5 dumps, all indicate usbccgp.sys as the cause. All I can dfind on it is: Microsoft USB generic printer driver system driver file.

As you mentioned, there are very few Windows 10 drivers for this computer.

I would start with the 204 BIOS upgrade. Then go back to Windows 8.1 and install the Chipset driver. See how it handles sleep now.

I also notice you have a very opld driver: 2007/11/16 10:31:13 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\vuhub.sys.
    See if this helps: Getting BSOD errors for vuhub.sys : techsupport

Also, change your Power settings for USB from Control Panel, Power Options, Change plan settings, Change advanced power settings.

Attachment 77631

Ztruker, Apr 30, 2016
  5. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Great suggestion by @Ztruker.

If I am allowed, I would like to add two more points.
    All the best.

6. raygunc Win User
    Thank you so much for the quick reply!

I'm running the latest 210 BIOS. What do you mean "go back to Win 8.1"? I assume you mean to try the Win 8.1 version of the Chipset driver.

How can I tell what device is using this vuhub.sys? Besides checking each device's driver details?

Can you explain what this feature does?

Attachment 77631

raygunc, Apr 30, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
  8. Ztruker Win User

From the link I posted:
    Remove the driver in the device manager. *Find and double click the entry in the device manager control panel applet *Click the "Driver" Tab *Click the "Driver Details" button to see the driver (.sys) file being used. *When you find the correct driver, delete it or disable it.

USB Selective suspend setting

The USB selective suspend feature allows the hub driver to suspend an individual port without affecting the operation of the other ports on the hub. Selective suspension of USB devices is especially useful in portable computers, since it helps conserve battery power.
    USB Selective Suspend (Windows Drivers) - MSDN - Microsoft

https://msdn.microsoft.com/.../ff540144(v=vs...Microsoft Developer Network

My thinking here is this may be causing the USB problem.

Ztruker, May 1, 2016
  9. raygunc Win User
    Thanks for the info about USB selective suspend. I went to disable that, but then saw something called Hybrid Sleep. It was Off. Curious, I turned it on. Now my PC sleeps fine and haven't a BSOD in several hours.

What is Hybrid Sleep and why was it disabled?

raygunc, May 1, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Lots of info from Google on this: What is Hybrid Sleep

For instance:

Ztruker, May 1, 2016
  11. ams99 Win User
    I have DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE after trying to go Sleep or Hibernate.
    It may caused by PlexTurbo ver.3.0.0.8, it uses 1Gb of 4 Gb RAM to optimize SSD write operations, but don't know exactly.
    Sometimes Sleep succeeds, I think when available RAM is > 2 Gb. Virtual Memory limit is 2x4 Gb. See
    attached logs from dm_log_collector. Please help me to fix Sleep mode problem.

ams99, Jul 18, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    How to upload files & create a new thread.

13. ams99 Win User

Updated my post. I have Win 10 Pro x64 En, clean install, system disk is Plextor SSD.

ams99, Jul 19, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
Thema:

1. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on Sleep - Similar Threads - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Sleep

2. Blue screens and device not going into sleep mode DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f A driver...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screens and device not going into sleep mode DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f A driver...: My HP Laptop HP Spectre x360 - 15t-ch000 has issues going into sleep mode takes too long, around 1 minute, or might just fail to sleep and restart instead, and occasionally gives bluescreens with this error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f A driver has failed to complete a...
  3. Blue screens and device not going into sleep mode DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f A driver...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screens and device not going into sleep mode DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f A driver...: My HP Laptop HP Spectre x360 - 15t-ch000 has issues going into sleep mode takes too long, around 1 minute, or might just fail to sleep and restart instead, and occasionally gives bluescreens with this error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f A driver has failed to complete a...
  4. Blue screens and device not going into sleep mode DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f A driver...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to resolve DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE which occurs after laptop wakes up from sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE which occurs after laptop wakes up from sleep mode?: My Alienware 17 R5 laptop keeps crashing every time I wake it up from sleep mode and I have run out of ideas on how to stop it from crashing. I even did a clean Windows install and the problem does not go away and I really need some help here please. Here are details of my...
  6. How to resolve DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE which occurs after laptop wakes up from sleep mode?

How to resolve DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE which occurs after laptop wakes up from sleep mode?: My Alienware 17 R5 laptop keeps crashing every time I wake it up from sleep mode and I have run out of ideas on how to stop it from crashing. I even did a clean Windows install and the problem does not go away and I really need some help here please. Here are details of my...
  7. How to resolve DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE which occurs after laptop wakes up from sleep mode?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Laptop crashes when going to sleep mode. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by driver...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashes when going to sleep mode. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by driver...: My Asus M515DA laptop is crashing every time it goes to sleep mode. Using the program WhoCrashed i got the following report:Computer name:LAPTOP-42269N9HWindows version:Windows 11, 10.0, version 2009, build: 25921 x64Windows dir:C:\WINDOWSHardware:VivoBook_ASUSLaptop...
  9. Laptop crashes when going to sleep mode. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by driver...

Laptop crashes when going to sleep mode. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by driver...: My Asus M515DA laptop is crashing every time it goes to sleep mode. Using the program WhoCrashed i got the following report:Computer name:LAPTOP-42269N9HWindows version:Windows 11, 10.0, version 2009, build: 25921 x64Windows dir:C:\WINDOWSHardware:VivoBook_ASUSLaptop...
  10. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSoD on new Windows 11 install on restart/sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSoD on new Windows 11 install on restart/sleep: I recently upgraded my PC and did a clean Windows 11 install. Right away, I started getting BSoDs because of DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. So far, it has only happened when I'm trying to put my PC to sleep or restart. It doesn't occur every time, but occasionally when I select...