Windows 10: Driver_Power_State_Failure Question.

Discus and support Driver_Power_State_Failure Question. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok, after I shut down my computer, say for overnight. I get this failure, my machine reboot and all is fine. It happens everytime I leave it shutdown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vertigo5012, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Driver_Power_State_Failure Question.

Ok, after I shut down my computer, say for overnight. I get this failure, my machine reboot and all is fine. It happens everytime I leave it shutdown for any significant amount of time.

This did not happen when I used Win 8.1 only after installing Windows 10.

:)

vertigo5012, Sep 14, 2015

2. Acer Switch Alpha 12 BSOD since 1709

Whoops, sorry, forget to tell the error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

MartinLetzel, Sep 14, 2015
  3. MrBigCow Win User
    PC will not boot into Windows 10

UPDATE: I had left my computer in the loading state and received a blue screen with the error driver_power_state_failure

MrBigCow, Sep 14, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Driver_Power_State_Failure Question.

Hi vertigo5012,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Do you have fast boot / hybernate enabled or using sleep?
    There are known problems with windows 10, these features and shutting down the pc.

5. I shut down the machine normally, aka the shutdown tab. Hmm I don't think fast boot is on, but can check.

Fast Boot is disabled.

vertigo5012, Sep 14, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Does the problem persist?
    Are you using sleep mode?

7. Not in sleep mode, normal shutdown. The problem only happens when the system has been shutdown for a while, if I restart it, this problem doesn't happen. Wierd.

vertigo5012, Sep 15, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Please do the following:

• Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation", please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

9. Ok, showing my win 10 ignorance. How do i get a command prompt in win 10.

vertigo5012, Sep 16, 2015
  10. ozfunghi Win User
    Use the looking glass icon (search) next to the start button (aka windows logo) in the lower left corner, and type "prompt"... it should show up there. If needed, you can also right-mouse-click the result of the search, and run it as administrator.

ozfunghi, Sep 16, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
Thema:

1. Driver_Power_State_Failure Question. - Similar Threads - Driver_Power_State_Failure Question

2. "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error: I have been periodically received a BSOD error probably at least once a day. I have pulled a Memory.DMP, which can be viewed below. Please advise. Thank you!******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * *...
  3. "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error: I have been periodically received a BSOD error probably at least once a day. I have pulled a Memory.DMP, which can be viewed below. Please advise. Thank you!******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * *...
  4. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f - Solution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f - Solution?: Hi. My PC is currently having driver issues but the device manager shows none with problems. I have reverted back a few windows and software updates but it seems to still happen... I tried analyzing with WinDBG but without experience I wasn't able to assert the actual problem...
  5. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f - Solution?

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f - Solution?: Hi. My PC is currently having driver issues but the device manager shows none with problems. I have reverted back a few windows and software updates but it seems to still happen... I tried analyzing with WinDBG but without experience I wasn't able to assert the actual problem...
  6. BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f: Hello,I have been receiving repeated BSODs related to the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. To date, I have reinstalled my OS from the ground up, and yet, I still receive the BSOD at random times.What could it be? Is there a way to determine which exact driver/component is causing...
  7. BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f: Hello,I have been receiving repeated BSODs related to the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. To date, I have reinstalled my OS from the ground up, and yet, I still receive the BSOD at random times.What could it be? Is there a way to determine which exact driver/component is causing...
  8. Dell 7620 Win 11 randomly rebooting with driver_power_state_failure 9f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell 7620 Win 11 randomly rebooting with driver_power_state_failure 9f: Hi, my machine was purchased directly from Dell 1 year ago and was working fine up until about a month ago and now keeps randomly rebooting. I don't play any games or run anything high power - it will reboot even if I just have a web browser open and I'm not actively doing...
  9. Dell 7620 Win 11 randomly rebooting with driver_power_state_failure 9f

Dell 7620 Win 11 randomly rebooting with driver_power_state_failure 9f: Hi, my machine was purchased directly from Dell 1 year ago and was working fine up until about a month ago and now keeps randomly rebooting. I don't play any games or run anything high power - it will reboot even if I just have a web browser open and I'm not actively doing...
  10. Blue Screen Crash with Error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Blue Screen Crash with Error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: I started receiving a Blue Screen crash with the error code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.Minidump:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ApfrrgARnuefnlOv-HzsgfPrE3irJxAQ/view?usp=sharing...