Windows 10: DriverPack Solutions is NOT a solution

Discus and support DriverPack Solutions is NOT a solution in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For safety's sake I am writing this post from Linux because there are three objects from DriverPack Solutions embedded in my Windows 10 installation,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ineuw, Aug 24, 2018.

1. ineuw Win User

DriverPack Solutions is NOT a solution

For safety's sake I am writing this post from Linux because there are three objects from DriverPack Solutions embedded in my Windows 10 installation, and I can't get rid of them with Malwarebytes, Avast boot time scans, or with a file unlocker. So on booting into Windows, I disconnect the Ethernet cable, so that their DriverPack Notifier cannot call home.

The software installed itself unexpectedly when I visited the Epson website for some software downloads. Uninstalled it with REVO uninstaller, but not completely because, when I went to the Intel website for mobo updates, they activated themselves again and displayed an unremovable warning that I am inundated with viruses. Their app didn't show up in the Windows Task manager. Malwarebytes removed 91 PUPs from the company, but a rootkit scan and the Avast boot time scan found nothing.

Then I used "Everything" and found three instances of DriverPack files.

C:\System Volume Information\SPP\OnlineMetadataCache\E8FAA4F6-7910-4F8D-909F-EFC7CA6531E6
    C:\System Volume Information\SPP\SppGroupCache\E8FAA4F6-7910-4F8D-909F-EFC7CA6531E6 DriverPackageInfo
    C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\SWCUData\Cache\InstallLocation\DriverPack Notifier

So I am going to try and delete them from Linux. Also, first of my concerns that this is a Russian company. Enough said.

:)

ineuw, Aug 24, 2018

2. How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Aug 24, 2018
  3. vjacobie Win User
    Quick and simple solution...

Hey there everyone,

I was struggling with this particular issue since installation of Windows 10. A number of my folders took forever to sort by Date, size or anything except the standard Windows Explorer Display.
    Luckily, there is an exact solution that works like a charm!!
    Step 1: Open Explorer
    Step 2: Go to the folder that you have issues with (but don't go into the folder)
    Step 3: Right click on the folder, and select Properties
    Step 4: Click on the "Customize" tab
    Step 5: Under the "Optimize this folder for:" drop down, change this to "General Items"
    Step 6: Tick the box that says include subfolders
    Step 7: Click Apply and OK
    Step 8: Done, move on to your next problem folder and repeat *Smile

vjacobie, Aug 24, 2018
  4. Allegheny Win User

Backup solutions for Small Business?

What types of solutions out there would be a good first step when it comes to protecting the information of a small business?

Allegheny, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

1. DriverPack Solutions is NOT a solution - Similar Threads - DriverPack Solutions solution

2. solution ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    solution ?: i cannot open a game it shows 800x600x32 video mode not found. Send help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solution/91ed38f4-f9d6-4856-8a24-6a0b866b546a
  3. solution ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    solution ?: i cannot open a game it shows 800x600x32 video mode not found. Send help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solution/91ed38f4-f9d6-4856-8a24-6a0b866b546a
  4. Is DriverPack Solutions really safe to use?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is DriverPack Solutions really safe to use?: I once attended a seminar and the speaker said we should download Driverpack Solutions to our pc/laptop. Moreover, he said that it is clearly safe to install and we should not worry but when I tried to download it, Microsoft notified me that it was a threat so it took an...
  5. Is DriverPack Solutions really safe to use? I tried to download it but Microsoft defender...

Is DriverPack Solutions really safe to use? I tried to download it but Microsoft defender...: Is DriverPack Solutions really safe to use? Whenever I tried to download it, Microsoft defender said that it was a threat. It said that it was a threat so it took an action. But, is there any safe driver updater software? Whatever your answer is much appreciated....
  6. Solution

Solution: Why is it the only advice you people give when there's an issue with Windows, is do a clean reboot?? Is that the extent of your knowledge!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solution/2611950c-f0cb-431a-990e-f4ba2d577c5e
  7. The Solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Solution: Why do games not work? I have dedicated NVS 5200M , that gives 1024MB , I tried to install more RAMs to make T A G M 7138MB but games that want 2G dedicated not work. * Moved from CPC * OS not specified...
  8. Any solutions?

Any solutions?: Hiya! I've got a new problem- my Windows, Shift+R combination, and Alt keys are not working! We installed Bandicam from a user named unpack98 from GitHub. Technically, it turned out that he had a ransomware in his repositories the one that attacked us was...
  9. Any Solutions..?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any Solutions..?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IcyAcanthopterygii36 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jc9rzk/any_solutions/
  10. Performance Solution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Performance Solution: My pc has an weird performance, and was looking for a solution, then I found out one like removing unused files. Could you tell how can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/performance-solution/661f3d53-8913-43bb-8000-6cb86692c3e9"