Windows 10: Drivers and Windows are all messed up

Discus and support Drivers and Windows are all messed up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi ! Yesterday i decided to clean my PC from the inside and after i was done and booted my PC up, everything seemed fine except my keyboard and mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Friigs, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Friigs Win User

Drivers and Windows are all messed up

Hi ! Yesterday i decided to clean my PC from the inside and after i was done and booted my PC up, everything seemed fine except my keyboard and mouse didn't work on the login screen anymore, They however worked in bios menu (( well keyboard did )) and well i did system restore back a few days while it seemed to fix everything but the real problem showed up... my keyboard and mouse drivers were all messed up in device manager and i could not install or uninstall anything (( i couldn't even install Microsoft Visual C++ which was needed for a game i decided to try if my games work )) well after uninstalling Razer drivers... they did come back but i cannot uninstall Steelseries drivers for some reason as it hangs on something called
    "Exec: "C:\Program Files\SteelSeries\SteelSeries Engine 3\driver\win_driver_installer" -installPath="C:\Program Files\SteelSeries\SteelSeries Engine 3" -u"

Now, also while these problems are there, i can't use my mic... nor any other USB device other than P/S 2 keyboard and the usb mouse (( SOMETIMES when i restart the mouse doesn't work ))

Windows doesn't shutdown, restart, go to sleep or anything as it goes into blackscreen and nothing happens after that.

If i try to plug any USB in it doesn't even give me the sound for it nor do i see the device anywhere on PC... But USB Microphones light is on for example

My Device Manager shows yellow marks on
    HID-Compliant consumer control device
    HID-Compitable "system device?"
    and two of "HID-Compitable Device"
    (( excuse me it's all in Finnish language so i try to translate them the best i can ))
    Which i cannot update as it gives me the following "Windows could not find driver software for your device"

Now one more thing which gets me is that now after the restart windows "Settings" window takes forever to open and shows the Gear icon there for a good 5-10 minutes before it opens
    SFC /scannow did find corrupted stuff however Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth does not finish and it just gets stuck sometimes at 20% or 40%.

I do not have Windows 10 CD so i can't really reinstall windows ? only have the retail Win7 one BUT i have way too much important files in my PC that i would not like to cleanwipe my PC completely just because of this unless it is the only option left to do (( since i can't transfer my files to USB things and on top of that i would have to go on my way to buy USB with huge memory ))

Games are working just fine
    I don't have Restore points to go back to since the one and only disappeared. advanced start up doesn't really work since i can't restart or shutdown my pc as it stays in blackscreen and i have to hard reset

Forgot to mention (( the first time i went back with Restore point, it worked until i tried to shutdown my PC ))

Nvidia Experience cannot update either by the looks of it... just hangs and nothing happens

:)

Friigs, Jul 8, 2016

2. Audio drivers are totally messed up, no sound, HDMI audio MSI B85M-G43 motherboard Intel core i7 4770

I had no sound when I first upgraded to Windows 10, then I downloaded the MSI drivers for my motherboard and everything worked great for about a few hours, then Microsoft in their great wisdom downloaded Intel drivers for the motherboard and killed sound
    again. What I need is a way to permanently replace all of the drivers for windows 10 until MSI comes out with updated drivers, even if Intel in their great wisdom thinks the drivers are obsolete.

Glenn#Sullivan, Jul 8, 2016
  3. Audio drivers are totally messed up, no sound, HDMI audio MSI B85M-G43 motherboard Intel core i7 4770

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue may arise due to driver conflicts.

I suggest you to try uninstalling and reinstalling your device driver.

Step 1: Press Windows Key +
    R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.

Step 2: Type devmgmt.msc and hit
    Enter.

Step 3: Look for Audio driver, right-click and then click
    Uninstall/Remove Device.

Step 4: When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, click
    OK.

Step 5: Restart your computer

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 8, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

You might have dislodged an internal connection on your motherboard? Check each connection to ensure it is correctly plugged in to the motherboard. Is your mouse / keyboard plugged in via USB header? If so, pay attention to USB header connections on the motherboard.

The DISM command does stick at 20% for a long time - just leave it to complete.

You could try setting the BIOS to default settings and removing the CMOS battery for a while just in case the BIOS settings have been corrupted.

If you conclude you have a Windows 10 problem rather than a BIOS/hardware problem, you can do an in place repair install - see https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...-download.html

Steve C, Jul 9, 2016
  5. Friigs Win User
    Thank you so much for replying ! I triple checked the cables and all stuff within the PC and everything seem just fine.
    Besides it seems weird that my stuff seem to work on random now... without drivers mostly... while i managed to somehow make the usb's work for a while, i couldn't install razer synapse as it froze on updating... also the other usb stuff started working but yesterday as i was going to bed and tried to shut down my pc it just froze to black screen again and here we go again... only mouse works and no other usb device.

DISM was stuck for over 6 hours and the HDD light didn't give a single hint / neither did the Resource Manager so i doubt it worked.

I already did reset BIOS to default along with Legacy USB settings fiddling.

I'll give the Repair few more goes as i said, when i can't restart computer without basically hard booting its quite hard... more over when i can't use keyboard or mouse lol

Friigs, Jul 9, 2016
  6. Friigs Win User
    I don't want to celebrate too early, but i managed to get the ISO working so that it doesn't hang in anything unlike all the other stuff i tried... It's looking really good as it actually restarted succesfully on the progress on reinstalling windows \(^_^)/ Fingers crossed ! Praying this works out ! I already want to thank you in advance for providing the links and everything, seeing the trouble to assist me *Smile ! You're my saviour ! Thank you !

EDIT: Succesfully reinstalled windows and everything seems to be working perfectly as of now. Will update if anything pops up

Friigs, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Drivers and Windows are all messed up - Similar Threads - Drivers are messed

2. Windows 10 thumbnails all messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 thumbnails all messed up: Hello Microsoft communityI'm using Windows 10 on Laptop And For a No reason I cant see the Thumbnail of my videos ....Any Solution For That?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-thumbnails-all-messed-up/59616233-d012-47c4-8a91-a054e5691b0a
  3. Windows 10 thumbnails all messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 thumbnails all messed up: Hello Microsoft communityI'm using Windows 10 on Laptop And For a No reason I cant see the Thumbnail of my videos ....Any Solution For That?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-thumbnails-all-messed-up/59616233-d012-47c4-8a91-a054e5691b0a
  4. Windows 10 thumbnails all messed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 thumbnails all messed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 thumbnails all messed up: Hello Microsoft communityI'm using Windows 10 on Laptop And For a No reason I cant see my videos Thumbnail....Any Solution For That?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-thumbnails-all-messed-up/8e55356d-706d-4c70-b1fe-1775bee6ce5d
  6. Windows 10 thumbnails all messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 thumbnails all messed up: I'm using Windows 10 on Laptop And For a No reason I cant see the Thumbnail of my videos....Any Solution For That? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-thumbnails-all-messed-up/2ba7a5bd-e3e9-4005-9778-73fabf9fe152
  7. Windows 10 thumbnails all messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 thumbnails all messed up: Hello Microsoft communityI'm using Windows 10 on Laptop And For a No reason I cant see my videos Thumbnail....Any Solution For That?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-thumbnails-all-messed-up/8e55356d-706d-4c70-b1fe-1775bee6ce5d
  8. Windows 10 thumbnails all messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 thumbnails all messed up: I'm using Windows 10 on Laptop And For a No reason I cant see the Thumbnail of my videos....Any Solution For That? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-thumbnails-all-messed-up/2ba7a5bd-e3e9-4005-9778-73fabf9fe152
  9. Bluetooth drivers messed up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth drivers messed up: Bluetooth randomly turned off and the Bluetooth drivers are messed up, and i did absolutely nothing. and the Bluetooth driver is up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-drivers-messed-up/ec315143-39e2-4f6b-b608-0730ef15ac0f
  10. Display drivers messed up?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display drivers messed up?: Hey all, I updated wit windows 10 and had to immediately revert back to windows 7 because my monitor would shut off every 2-3 minutes and i would have to force restart every time. Its stressing my computer out and myself, so im wondering if this is display drivers or anything...