Drivers being removed - PersistAllDevicesInstalls = true

Discus and support Drivers being removed - PersistAllDevicesInstalls = true in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, One image, no need for MDT or Dell Kace\Symantec Altiris. Normally I would agree but for one model laptop in this environment most likely will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Briandr73, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Briandr73 Win User

Hi,

One image, no need for MDT or Dell Kace\Symantec Altiris. Normally I would agree but for one model laptop in this environment most likely will not happen. In the Generalize section of unattend.xml PersistAllDevicesInstalls is set to True. Execute sysprep \oobe \generalize \unattend:C:\unattend.xml. Prior to doing so in an attempt to quiet the store disable wireless adapater (Probably not best way, but I doubt this is contributing to issue). On reboot I can clearly see some command window open and close. Sysprep stalls with an error from Synaptics about an error when an uninstalling. I can't even get access to keyboard or mouse to take a look at the system to see what else sysprep feasted itself on. I know you can also hard code into the registry the above mentioned setting. This last time around I neglected to do so. But what is bugging is me why the unattend did not process. I know it went through it because there is a section for creating a secondary admin type account.

I also tried to uninstall the Synaptics software and force windows to use a generic driver, which worked. But post sysprep re-boot I got same error. How is this possible when the offending software uninstalled before running sysprep again.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Briandr73, Jun 5, 2018
  2. Wungraileng Vashi Win User

Trackpad driver is constantly removed

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for mentioning the different steps you have tried to resolve the issue, we appreciate your effort.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + X and select device manager.

2. Click "view" and select "show hidden devices".

3. If the trackpad driver is listed, right click on the driver and uninstall it.

4. Restart the computer and have Windows automatically install the driver upon restart.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Jesinta Rozario Win User
    Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Drivers being removed - PersistAllDevicesInstalls = true - Similar Threads - Drivers being removed

2. Uknown Device - How to Remove

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uknown Device - How to Remove: Hello, I have upgraded my windows to win 10 version 1803 after the upgrade I ended up with an unknown drive on Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) the hardware id property shows "BTH\MS_BTHL2CAP" how can remove these driver , after an uninstall attempt it keeps coming back...
  3. Mavica 2.5 drivers for Windows 10 PC

Mavica 2.5 drivers for Windows 10 PC: I want to download my pictures directly from my camera, but Windows 10 isn't recognizing it. I get an error message for E drive and F drive. Is there any way to get drivers downloaded to Windows 10 so I can access my pictures? Please help! If there is a way to put them on a...
  4. drivers for Mavica 2.5

drivers for Mavica 2.5: To download pictures directly from my Sony Mavica 2.5 camera on my PC using Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/drivers-for-mavica-25/2eeaf13a-b3c6-410d-9501-42b337ad0a32
  5. Remove main account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove main account: I set my computer up with the wrong email address by accident for the MS account. It will not allow me to remove the main account. I added another account with the right info, but the computer is registered with the first one and will not let me delete it. Any suggestions?...
  6. Updated nVidia drivers, screens blacking out

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Updated nVidia drivers, screens blacking out: I"m not getting a BSOD, but the system is recording all sorts of errors and warnings, so hopefully this is the right place... Windows 10 Pro, EVGA Geforce 970 GTX. Winver SAYS it’s running 1803. I GENERALLY try to keep the nvidia drivers current, but that may have been a...
  7. old email removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    old email removal: Is there an effective procedure to remove old email msgs; i.e., batch method . Windows 10??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/old-email-removal/1fb76276-9094-4a83-81f0-d89149ff952b
  8. WINDOWS 10 WON'T RESET, REINSTALL OR WORK. WHEN THE USB FLASH DRIVE IS REMOVED IT SHOWS...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 WON'T RESET, REINSTALL OR WORK. WHEN THE USB FLASH DRIVE IS REMOVED IT SHOWS...: So My pc has windows 10 built in. My pc was taking more than normal time to start. I wanted to reset my pc with a remove all the files option But the reset was stuck on 46% for 5 to 6 hours so later i restart my pc and it shows windows is installing it Started my pc But it...
  9. Logitech Driver Interface with Question Mark in Device Manager

Logitech Driver Interface with Question Mark in Device Manager: Hi, Using Logitech Wireless Desktop MK710, and SetPoint 6.68.250, on Windows 10 Pro v 17134.191. In my Windows Device Manager, Hidden Devices, I have 4 instances of Logitech Driver Interface with a question mark against each. Each have driver version 5.92.28.0. There...
  10. I wish to update my printer driver

I wish to update my printer driver: I wish to update my printer driver.Samsung-331OND https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/i-wish-to-update-my-printer-driver/0d6d42fb-bb59-41b0-a72f-9c0cfb0a4ab0