Windows 10: Drivers being removed - PersistAllDevicesInstalls = true

Discus and support Drivers being removed - PersistAllDevicesInstalls = true in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, One image, no need for MDT or Dell Kace\Symantec Altiris. Normally I would agree but for one model laptop in this environment most likely will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Briandr73, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Briandr73 Win User

Drivers being removed - PersistAllDevicesInstalls = true

Hi,

One image, no need for MDT or Dell Kace\Symantec Altiris. Normally I would agree but for one model laptop in this environment most likely will not happen. In the Generalize section of unattend.xml PersistAllDevicesInstalls is set to True. Execute sysprep \oobe \generalize \unattend:C:\unattend.xml. Prior to doing so in an attempt to quiet the store disable wireless adapater (Probably not best way, but I doubt this is contributing to issue). On reboot I can clearly see some command window open and close. Sysprep stalls with an error from Synaptics about an error when an uninstalling. I can't even get access to keyboard or mouse to take a look at the system to see what else sysprep feasted itself on. I know you can also hard code into the registry the above mentioned setting. This last time around I neglected to do so. But what is bugging is me why the unattend did not process. I know it went through it because there is a section for creating a secondary admin type account.

I also tried to uninstall the Synaptics software and force windows to use a generic driver, which worked. But post sysprep re-boot I got same error. How is this possible when the offending software uninstalled before running sysprep again.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Briandr73, Jun 5, 2018

2. Trackpad driver is constantly removed

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for mentioning the different steps you have tried to resolve the issue, we appreciate your effort.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + X and select device manager.

2. Click "view" and select "show hidden devices".

3. If the trackpad driver is listed, right click on the driver and uninstall it.

4. Restart the computer and have Windows automatically install the driver upon restart.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Drivers being removed - PersistAllDevicesInstalls = true

1. Drivers being removed - PersistAllDevicesInstalls = true - Similar Threads - Drivers being removed

2. How do I remove a driver that resists being removed? It is interfering with Memory...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a driver that resists being removed? It is interfering with Memory...: Even though I am the administrator, I am unable to remove a driver that was left behind on an uninstall. It is in the driver store/file repository and Windows will not allow me to delete or change the permissions. There must be a way to proceed. I don't think it is loading...
  3. How do I remove a driver that resists being removed? It is interfering with Memory...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove a driver that resists being removed? It is interfering with Memory...: Even though I am the administrator, I am unable to remove a driver that was left behind on an uninstall. It is in the driver store/file repository and Windows will not allow me to delete or change the permissions. There must be a way to proceed. I don't think it is loading...
  4. Is This True

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is This True: Hi I have a Windows Server 2019 Essential License, can I use that to activate the Standard edition of Windows Server 2022 as stated on the article below or are they talking about Essential 2022, but I thought 2019 was the last edition of the Essential, am I misreading this,...
  5. Is This True

Is This True: Hi I have a Windows Server 2019 Essential License, can I use that to activate the Standard edition of Windows Server 2022 as stated on the article below or are they talking about Essential 2022, but I thought 2019 was the last edition of the Essential, am I misreading this,...
  6. Is this true?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is this true?: Someone told me a little birdy? that in the near future maybe 2047 that Windows file explorer with have. 1. Tabs 2. An undo button on the ribbon as apposed to in the quick menu... good luck finding it. 3. and, rather than copy then paste a file/folder... a 'duplicate item'...
  7. Bluetooth driver continuously being removed or disengaged...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth driver continuously being removed or disengaged...: I have a Lenova Yoga laptop that continuously looses bluetooth and all connectivity related... how can i fix this?B https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-driver-continuously-being-removed-or/e81c5038-ba16-42b7-bce2-911b30843077
  8. Sysprep W10 - Drivers being removed - PersistAllDevicesInstalls = true

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sysprep W10 - Drivers being removed - PersistAllDevicesInstalls = true: Hi, One image, no need for MDT or Dell Kace\Symantec Altiris. Normally I would agree but for one model laptop in this environment most likely will not happen. In the Generalize section of unattend.xml PersistAllDevicesInstalls is set to True. Execute sysprep \oobe...
  9. Removing Intel Security True Key .

Removing Intel Security True Key .: How, exactly does one get rid of this? I ran the "uninstall" from the program files, and it no longer appears in c:/program files. It also removed the "Short Cut". However if I power off and then on again, It still appears at the login/passport window.. I can't find where...
  10. Is this true??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is this true??: I have just read this article out of curiosity and am shocked at what is being stated in point 1 is this true or not?? Windows 10: Ten big things to watch for in 2016 - TechRepublic 35600