Windows 10: Drivers needed for a Samsung mSATA 512GB SSD (PM841 ??)

Discus and support Drivers needed for a Samsung mSATA 512GB SSD (PM841 ??) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Drivers needed for a Samsung mSATA 512GB SSD . According to my records it is a: "Samsung 512GB mSATA PM841 Series MZMTD512HAGL-00000 SATA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ship69, Mar 29, 2017.

1. ship69 Win User

Drivers needed for a Samsung mSATA 512GB SSD (PM841 ??)

Hello

Drivers needed for a Samsung mSATA 512GB SSD .
    According to my records it is a:
    "Samsung 512GB mSATA PM841 Series MZMTD512HAGL-00000 SATA III MLC Internal SSD".

I have tried searching Samsung's various sites and found it to be intensely confusing!

Background:
    I am attempting to do a fresh install of Windows 10 onto may Samsung laptop and Windows can't see the drive.

Many thanks

J

:)

ship69, Mar 29, 2017

2. External SSD drive is stopped by Windows 10 and randomly disconnects

Since you are still having issues with your Samsung 512GB SSD even after making sure that you have the latest drivers, we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the driver and see if the issue persists:

1. Click on the Start button.

2. In the Search box, type Device Manager and press
    Enter.

3. Look for the driver for your Samsung 512GB SSD.

4. Right click on it and select Properties.

5. Under the Driver tab, click on Uninstall and follow the on-screen steps.

Since you mentioned that your Samsung 512GB SSD is a plug-and-play device, once you plug in your
    Samsung 512GB SSD, it should automatically detect and reinstall the compatible drivers for it.

Let us know how it goes.

Freddrick Pal, Mar 29, 2017
  3. MadTom Win User
    Dell XPS 8500 upgrade from Win 8.1 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Hi

I removed the 32GB mSATA that was used as a cache.

I installed the Samsung SSD in the mSATA slot as my C: drive and made the 3TB disk my D: drive.

The 32GB mSATA is sat in an external USB to mSATA drive bay.

Regards

MadTom, Mar 29, 2017
  4. DeclanT Win User

Hi ship69,

Please, can you confirm your model number for the laptop?

I have found a firmware update here

I would also recommend a BIOS update, however, I will need the laptop model to locate a link for you.

There may also be an option to disable in the BIOS. Perhaps you could try and restore to optimised defaults?

DeclanT, Mar 29, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    With the drive attached, boot into Setup (Bios) on the System Information or Main page, it should list all of the drives on your computer. Do you see your SSD? If the Bios doesn't see it, nothing else will either. If the Bios doesn't see it, then it is not plugged in correctly or it has failed. If the Bios sees it, then boot off your Windows installer choose your Language and press Shift+F10 this will start the Command Prompt in the RE (Recovery Environment)
    In the RE (recovery environment) choose command prompt and type following commands pressing Enter after each bold command:
    i) diskpart
    (ie) DISKPART >
    ii) list disk
    (ie) DISKPART > list disk
    It now lists disk by number
    you have to select the disk next with
    iii) select disk <disk number>
    (ie) DISKPART> Select Disk (disk number) = as listed in previous command. The selected disk now has an Asterisk next to it. iv) clean (this erases all data on the Disk, so be sure you choose the correct one)
    (ie) DISKPART> clean

4- now restart the machine and boot from the Windows Disc/USB again
    proceed and at "select disk to install windows" you would be able to view the hard disk drives.
    Under Drive Options the drive should now be all Unallocated Space. Do not create any partitions, just go next and Windows will automatically create partitions, format them while installing Windows.

spunk, Mar 29, 2017
  6. ship69 Win User
    I can't see the SSD I don't think (???)
    But it certainly WAS working until I tried to reinstall Windows 10.

Drivers needed for a Samsung mSATA 512GB SSD  (PM841 ??) [​IMG]

ship69, Mar 29, 2017
  7. ship69 Win User
    I have uploaded some screenshots of my Samsung BIOS. I don't know where to look for the SSD.

ship69, Mar 29, 2017
  8. DeclanT Win User

Please can you confirm the Model number of the system?

DeclanT, Mar 29, 2017
  9. ship69 Win User
    NP740U3E-S04UK - Samsung Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD 13.3"

New hard drive: 512GB mSATA Samsung (PM841 Series MZMTD512HAGL-00000 mSATA 512GB SATA III MLC Internal SSD).

ship69, Mar 29, 2017
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    It won't help you see the SSD, but AHCI mode needs to be ON, second screenshot.

NavyLCDR, Mar 29, 2017
  11. spunk Win User
    On which SATA port do you have the SSD plugged into on the Motherboard?
    If it is SATA port 1, the Bios is reporting that there is nothing installed on that port.
    Check the SATA cable is plugged into the back of the SSD and into SATA port 1 on the motherboard, And that a power plug from the PSU is plugged into the SSD.
    If that still doesn't work, try a different SATA Data cable a different Power Plug and or a Different SATA port on the motherboard.
    Be sure to set the Hard Drive Mode to AHCI as stated.

spunk, Mar 30, 2017
  12. Its an mSATA drive, he's getting a "no signed device drivers were found" message when trying to do a clean install. I think he needs the motherboard mSATA interface driver? He is trying to install from a USB connected optical drive. Help! Login has disappeared when I boot

alphanumeric, Mar 30, 2017
  13. ship69 Win User

Yes. I am at the limits of my knowledge but I think I just need the correct drivers for my SSD. Annoyingly Samsung are refusing to help.

ship69, Mar 30, 2017
  14. pparks1 Win User
    It's the driver for the storage controller on the motherboard you would need.

pparks1, Mar 30, 2017
  15. ship69 Win User
    Yes it is definitely an mSATA SSD drive.
    I don't know how to open up the laptop and am reluctant to do so in any case, because everything WAS working until a couple of days ago, it's just that the drive got corrupted.

OK, In the BIOS under Advanced, I have changed AHCI Mode Control to "manual" and Set AHCI mode to "On".

But still the laptop is failing to load windows on its SSD, and just says "All boot options are tried". It is failing to see the memory stick too. However I can get it to see USB DVD with Windows 10 on it - but it may take a couple of attempts in a row.

How can I find out what drivers I need for my PC to see my SSD?

ship69, Mar 30, 2017
Thema:

1. Drivers needed for a Samsung mSATA 512GB SSD (PM841 ??) - Similar Threads - Drivers needed Samsung

2. External mSata ssd very hot.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External mSata ssd very hot.: Having tried HWiNFO64 to get temperature of external drive. = 53/54 Celsius Kingston mSata SUV500MS 480GB in aluminium enclosure via short cable to USB C/Thunderbolt socket. Machine uses AHCI. Task Manager shows ssd at gentle use but is nearly too hot to keep hand on casing....
  3. Old Samsung laptop Drivers needed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old Samsung laptop Drivers needed: So I have an old Samsung ATIV Book 7 model NP740U3E. I recently did a fresh start install of Windows 10. However a few things are still broken like function keys and keyboard backlight. I have downloaded the Samsung Update app. However it appears that this app is no longer...
  4. Windows driver for a SK Hynix SH920 128gb mSATA SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows driver for a SK Hynix SH920 128gb mSATA SSD: Does anyone know where I can get a Windows 10 driver for a SK Hynix SH920 128gb mSATA SSD drive? This was the system disk in my Dell laptop when it got messed up by a recent Microsoft update. I really want to take a copy of the drive before I try to fix the problem. The...
  5. Installed Win10 on laptop and it doesn't recognize the mSATA SSD

Installed Win10 on laptop and it doesn't recognize the mSATA SSD: I've got a laptop with two SSDs - the main SATA SSD and a small mSATA SSD. I installed Win 10 to the main SSD (Win 10 installer could see both disks). Once Win 10 is installed, it no longer sees the mSATA SSD. In Disk Mgmt, I only see Disk 0 (the main SSD), which is...
  6. Windows 10 not recognising samsung 512gb sdxc evo plus

Windows 10 not recognising samsung 512gb sdxc evo plus: I've just recently brought a Samsung 512gb Evo Plus SDXC micro sd card and windows 10 won't recognise the card. When I plug it in to my laptop I hear the sound of a device being connected, then a screen pops up saying 'you need to format the disk in f: drive' and when I...
  7. taking data off onboard mSata SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    taking data off onboard mSata SSD: Selling my Dell XPS. I removed my D drive which contained most of my data but the OS is on an onboard SSD, looks like its a 256GB mSATA. How do I reformat that drive, can it be done in the BIOS? Len 127407
  8. SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers: Hello my pc Asrock 970 extreme 3 fx 6100 ssd samsung 860evo 500gb The problems Al version windows 10 and misrosoft or amd driver chipset the speed on 4k-64thrd it is very, very low almost freeze. samsung ssd cannot pass the test But, on windows 10_1511 with...
  9. Samsung mSATA SSD only show 113/250 GB!?

Samsung mSATA SSD only show 113/250 GB!?: As the thread title states, my SSD is mysteriously missing a ton of space.. It is my C: drive with Windows 10 Pro installed on it. I put the SSD in, while using Windows7, anyway, I got Win 10 (clean install from scratch), Cloned from HDD to SSD, moved around the boot...
  10. Need some advice on an mSATA SSD swap

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need some advice on an mSATA SSD swap: Ladies & Gents: I'm getting ready to decommission a desktop to give to my sister's family. Right now, it's got a Samsung EVO 850 500 GB mSATA installed as the boot/system drive. I want to swap that unit out for a spare Samsung EVO 850 250 GB mSATA, so I can put the 500 GB...